01/09 - Speedy Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Making basque beef tongue stew today...yummy! And yes, my gf's not around today, so I'm allowed to make it :cool:

We bought a quarter cow, worked out to about 3.10 a lb. As we finished loading up the car with it, guy asked sheepishly if we wanted any "weird parts". My face lit up. "You betcha!" So we have stock bones, beef cheeks, tongue, and liver in our freezer now. Makes a good deal excellent - some of that stuff goes for $15-$20/lb and I got it for free!

jan

Reaction score
Making basque beef tongue stew today...yummy! And yes, my gf's not around today, so I'm allowed to make it :cool:

We bought a quarter cow, worked out to about 3.10 a lb. As we finished loading up the car with it, guy asked sheepishly if we wanted any "weird parts". My face lit up. "You betcha!" So we have stock bones, beef cheeks, tongue, and liver in our freezer now. Makes a good deal excellent - some of that stuff goes for $15-$20/lb and I got it for free!
My grandfather made us tongue when we were kids.

I remember how much it looked like

tongue :muted:

freekshow420

Reaction score

I have never had to eat one but my mom used to talk about being made to eat them when she was growing up as well and said the same thing lol

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score

oh yeah...it definitely looks like tongue! My maternal grandmother was from Estonia and made liver along with blood sausage...my paternal one made liverball soup which my sister and I still love to this day. My aunt gave me the recipe for liverball so I made it mainly for me, but also for my kid, who was a notoriously picky eater - he wouldn't eat my cinnamon rolls after he found out there was cream cheese in the icing. not even plain ones. I told him they were dad's "special" meatballs and he loved the soup. Apparently he told my ex that she needed to get the recipe from me, which I am sure endeared me to her even more

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I have never had to eat one but my mom used to talk about being made to eat them when she was growing up as well and said the same thing lol
I'll forgive Jan b/c she's vegetarian (correct? am I remembering right), but even she's had beef tongue. The rest of you meat-eaters just haven't had it made right...it's like having liver and onions made at the school caf and saying you don't like liver. Or eating at Red Lobster and saying you don't like seafood

sorry, cook and restaurant owner in me coming out

Reactions: jan and HelloHello

charlie

Reaction score
definitely not a speedy sunday. i've gotten one survey done in the 3 hours i've been online. hurry it up, mturk! :bolt:

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
I'll forgive Jan b/c she's vegetarian (correct? am I remembering right), but even she's had beef tongue. The rest of you meat-eaters just haven't had it made right...it's like having liver and onions made at the school caf and saying you don't like liver. Or eating at Red Lobster and saying you don't like seafood

sorry, cook and restaurant owner in me coming out
I've been vegetarian for a long time. I wasn't back then, but - tbh. I didn't want to eat it. I mean. He brought it to the table and.......I just couldn't. Even my non-vegetarian brother was like. um. nope.

I'm sure it tastes fine and all. But.

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 14 minutes
Title: Study of Legal Judgments(~ 20 minutes)Accept
Requester: Laura Smalarz [A38SJI3VF8CMLH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.84][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33][Fast=5.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=9][ToS=0]
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 00:50:00
Available: 90
Description: The purpose of the study is to investigate opinions about court cases.
Qualifications: Exc: [489132909-339569] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: cassius

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
HIT Time: 10 minutes
Title: 10-min Survey on Career Experience(~ 10 minutes)Accept
Requester: msr [A28ZP4L2JREON0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.45][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 01:30:00
Available: 28
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; TP Panel: 1487062978 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Exc: [-506913255-339016] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: jan and cassius
Status
Not open for further replies.