01/11 - Whiskery Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
A special hello to those MTCers in the Natural State on this National Arkansas Day

National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
National Milk Day
National Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friends Day

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
the way these bonuses are rolling in from Prolific, I really don't understand why I'm not a millionaire
Payment increase
Hi Mike,

A researcher has increased the rate they were paying for a study you completed.

Additional amount:
£0.04

Study:
Job Hiring - Screener Survey

PandaThief

Reaction score
Guess there's still work for those with the right quals, still see posts on reddit of people earning close to 100 and over a day.

Zick

Reaction score
Yeah closed quals were helping a ton. Just lost one from MLDataLabeler and it's been a ghost town for me after that. Doesn't help that I got hit with CR #2 either lol

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Guess there's still work for those with the right quals, still see posts on reddit of people earning close to 100 and over a day.
there's a lotta BS floating around there too...I take those posts with a 50 lb bag of salt. Yeah, most of us can still hit $100/day once in awhile, but 5 days a week? Day in day out over 3 months? Show me proof

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
like masters lol or other closed quals that requesters do not post anymore
masters isn't the gravy train you think. I've had it 8 or 9 years and it hasn't made that much of a difference. Closed quals hits still pop up, but not as frequently as before. I think a lot of requestors have gone to their own platforms due to the fees by mturk, or had us train their AI to do the batch hits. There used to be a ton of tweet categorization hits, now hardly any.

freekshow420

Reaction score
there's a lotta BS floating around there too...I take those posts with a 50 lb bag of salt. Yeah, most of us can still hit $100/day once in awhile, but 5 days a week? Day in day out over 3 months? Show me proof
there is one person on the new daily discussion today on there that posted they got 98$ yesterday with a picture. But they blocked off the names of the 1st three requesters they earned it from

here is their image

freekshow420

Reaction score
masters isn't the gravy train you think. I've had it 8 or 9 years and it hasn't made that much of a difference. Closed quals hits still pop up, but not as frequently as before. I think a lot of requestors have gone to their own platforms due to the fees by mturk, or had us train their AI to do the batch hits. There used to be a ton of tweet categorization hits, now hardly any.
i dont think its the gravy train. but i do think a bunch of requesters use it because they think it means their workers are quality. At least from my discussions with requesters who require masters. Why i say masters, is that there are a bunch of masters studies i see posted where you only have to work like 5 minutes for 10$ or more. Not all masters hits are like this but there are enough that are. Heck i even had one requester tell me they would remove their masters qual on their hit after discussing the qual with them

its such a stupid qual

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
i dont think its the gravy train. but i do think a bunch of requesters use it because they think it means their workers are quality. At least from my discussions with requesters who require masters. Why i say masters, is that there are a bunch of masters studies i see posted where you only have to work like 5 minutes for 10$ or more. Not all masters hits are like this but there are enough that are. Heck i even had one requester tell me they would remove their masters qual on their hit after discussing the qual with them

its such a stupid qual
I agree, it is a stupid qual. But it is the default for new requestors who don't know enough to put in quals like 99^ approval, etc. And Amazon charges more for the masters qual. Several requestors have removed the masters qual after protests.

Am I glad I have it? yes. It's one more (basically) closed qual. But my earnings didn't double or triple once I got it. Out of the $23 bux so far today,$4 or so have been from masters hits

freekshow420

Reaction score
I agree, it is a stupid qual. But it is the default for new requestors who don't know enough to put in quals like 99^ approval, etc. And Amazon charges more for the masters qual. Several requestors have removed the masters qual after protests.

Am I glad I have it? yes. It's one more (basically) closed qual. But my earnings didn't double or triple once I got it. Out of the $23 bux so far today,$4 or so have been from masters hits
on another forum i use they posted about 21$ maybe more in hits that were masters only today .......so far .

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

PandaThief

Reaction score
there is one person on the new daily discussion today on there that posted they got 98$ yesterday with a picture. But they blocked off the names of the 1st three requesters they earned it from

here is their image

Yea this is the same post i seen, seems legit . I'd black out the req's name too if i was to post my earnings. Gotta hold on to them for dear life lol

Reactions: freekshow420
Status
Not open for further replies.