01/12 - Thumping Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Reactions: JanetW

PandaThief

Reaction score
Chatgtp is a game changer, my daughter wrote a 7 page essay in 10m last night ( that i did not make her use just showing her how the tech works and how it can assist in writing her essay ). It's crazy how this tech will put a lot of technical writers out of business in the future

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
Chatgtp is a game changer, my daughter wrote a 7 page essay in 10m last night ( that i did not make her use just showing her how the tech works and how it can assist in writing her essay ). It's crazy how this tech will put a lot of technical writers out of business in the future
just sent that to my daughter. Thanks!

ETA: does it write the WHOLE paper? (Thinking maybe I should not have sent this to her, lol)

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
I'm watching a youtube guy ask it to replace his unsophisticated language with more advanced vocabulary.
So, perhaps it could be used as an editor, too (which would not be wrong.....)
just be careful. teachers are already well aware of it. oh and Hi ALL! I'm back. been a long time.

jan

Reaction score
just be careful. teachers are already well aware of it. oh and Hi ALL! I'm back. been a long time.
just sent her a oops and then a big caution email (a flurry! she'll be grumpy when she finally rolls out of bed with all my messages, lol)

Reactions: HelloHello

cassius

Reaction score
it absolutely can , it can even write books and code for you lol

https://chat.openai.com/chat
Explain the status of ChatGPT in the style of Shakespeare.
Ah, dear user of ChatGPT, thou art not alone in thy desire to engage with our esteemed AI chatbot. Many have flocked to our website in this hour, and we do our utmost to accommodate each and every one. Yet, alas, our resources are not without limit and we must ask for thy patience and forbearance. In time, we shall be able to provide thee with access to ChatGPT. Until then, we beg thee to return at a future juncture, when we may better serve thy needs. Until then, we bid thee adieu and good fortune.

• Love

PandaThief

Reaction score
I'm watching a youtube guy ask it to replace his unsophisticated language with more advanced vocabulary.
So, perhaps it could be used as an editor, too (which would not be wrong.....)
I just had it write a song about Mturk in less than 2m, enjoy

Verse 1: In the digital world, I roam Searching for tasks on Mturk to call my own From surveys to transcriptions, there's work to be done I log on every day, just to get some

Chorus: Mturk, Mturk, the gig economy's friend A platform for freelancers, until the very end We work together, to earn some cash Mturk, Mturk, a gig worker's stash

Verse 2: Some folks may call it exploitation But to me, it's just a way to pay the nation I set my own hours, work at my own pace Mturk gives me the freedom, to live life with grace

Chorus: Mturk, Mturk, the gig economy's friend A platform for freelancers, until the very end We work together, to earn some cash Mturk, Mturk, a gig worker's stash

Bridge: So if you're looking for a way to make a buck Or just a side hustle to help you out of luck Give Mturk a try, you won't regret A world of opportunity, with no debt

Outro: Mturk, Mturk, a platform we trust For gig workers, it's a must So log on, and start earning today Mturk, Mturk, the gig economy's way.

charlie

Reaction score
just sent her a oops and then a big caution email (a flurry! she'll be grumpy when she finally rolls out of bed with all my messages, lol)
lol. the creators of chatgpt already have a tool out there teachers can use to determine whether a paper was written by their AI. i have teacher friends already using the tool.

charlie

Reaction score
I just had it write a song about Mturk in less than 2m, enjoy

Verse 1: In the digital world, I roam Searching for tasks on Mturk to call my own From surveys to transcriptions, there's work to be done I log on every day, just to get some

Verse 2: Some folks may call it exploitation But to me, it's just a way to pay the nation I set my own hours, work at my own pace Mturk gives me the freedom, to live life with grace

Bridge: So if you're looking for a way to make a buck Or just a side hustle to help you out of luck Give Mturk a try, you won't regret A world of opportunity, with no debt

Outro: Mturk, Mturk, a platform we trust For gig workers, it's a must So log on, and start earning today Mturk, Mturk, the gig economy's way.
LOL on that note I see I haven't missed all that much in the mturk world.

PandaThief

Reaction score
lol. the creators of chatgpt already have a tool out there teachers can use to determine whether a paper was written by their AI. i have teacher friends already using the tool.
I would not want to be a teacher in this day and age. How do you separate AI produced work from a student doing it?

cassius

Reaction score
I would not want to be a teacher in this day and age. How do you separate AI produced work from a student doing it?
i took a philosophy course from a professor once who said term paper were no longer required in her class because they can be purchased off the internet. that was several decades ago. so, this will most likely destroy college paper writing.
write about a time when ...
write questions about ...
write answers to questions about ...

• Sad

PandaThief

Reaction score
i took a philosophy course from a professor once who said term paper were no longer required in her class because they can be purchased off the internet. that was several decades ago. so, this will most likely destroy college paper writing.
write about a time when ...
write questions about ...
write answers to questions about ...
One solution i would implement would be testing the students on their report. Confirm they understand its contents. It will be readily apparent who did the work and who didn't.

cassius

Reaction score
One solution i would implement would be testing the students on their report. Confirm they understand its contents. It will be readily apparent who did the work and who didn't.
reminds me of a known professor who was told to stop asking for essays on tests and use multiple choice. So, he came up with a test with one question and 26 answers. he didn't care about tenure and knew he walked his own path. the student that got the "A" was the one who came up after class and said, "What was the point of that test? None of those answers were correct nor made any sense." and that's a true story.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.