01/13 - Fearsome Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freekshow420

Reaction score
yay i finally caught the hit and it approved and paid out the bonus almost instantly

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Yale Institute for Network Science for work related to 3S8A4GJRD3I0G3M1EUHVOU1PNT36V7.
The value of your bonus is: $10.95 USD

The Requester included this note:
Final game score.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

for those that have not caught it yet here is the hit for a panda

Title: [About 40 Min, $3.0~$14.0, PC required] Play games and get up to about $14.0 in total pay [please join this HIT immediately]Accept
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.25][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Good][Rej=1][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.08][Fast=4.82][Comm=4.20][Fair=4.77][Reviews=242][ToS=0]
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Once you access the page, please pass a confirmation quiz of the tutorial before the game starts. Otherwise, you cannot make this HIT. Also, please join this HIT immediately. The game needs to start a few minutes after the HIT is posted on MTurk, so it is sometimes impossible for the game to accommodate workers who start the HIT later. In order to participate, you must be 18 years or older. In addition to the base payment of $3.0, you will get a bonus depending on your performance in the games.
Qualifications: breadboard_participant_7125142a-44c3-4403-986b-c4f3fcb91d7d DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location EqualTo US

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Two part study - Health Information (7.25 for session 2)(~ 60 minutes)Accept
Requester: Psyc_2023 [A2CHAUUSIF6CTX] Contact
TV: No reviews
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=1.00][Fair=0.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.00
Duration: 03:00:00
Available: 12
Description: You will need to complete part 2 in 2 days. You will read 80 statements about health and nutrition. You will evaluate these statements and receive feedback. You will be asked to complete a second study two days after you complete study 1. If there is any indication that you did not read and carefully answer each question during the study, you risk not being compensated for your time.
Qualifications: Exc: [399732-399143] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

freekshow420

Reaction score
Title: Two part study - Health Information (7.25 for session 2)(~ 60 minutes)Accept
Requester: Psyc_2023 [A2CHAUUSIF6CTX] Contact
TV: No reviews
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=1.00][Fair=0.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.00
Duration: 03:00:00
Available: 12
Description: You will need to complete part 2 in 2 days. You will read 80 statements about health and nutrition. You will evaluate these statements and receive feedback. You will be asked to complete a second study two days after you complete study 1. If there is any indication that you did not read and carefully answer each question during the study, you risk not being compensated for your time.
Qualifications: Exc: [399732-399143] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US
why is part one offering no payment? this is an awful way to produce a multi study.

yeah no sorry 45 minutes of quality work is not going to happen for no payment. Regardless if they say part two is 15 minutes for $7.25 . This requester is a joke

Last edited:
Reactions: Siminey

freekshow420

Reaction score
why is part one offering no payment? this is an awful way to produce a multi study.

yeah no sorry 45 minutes of quality work is not going to happen for no payment. Regardless if they say part two is 15 minutes for $7.25 . This requester is a joke
i decided to email the requester on why they are not offering any payment for part 1 if they are demanding such high quality work for 45 minutes.

their reply

All the payment comes in the second session because without participants returning for the second session, we cannot use the data. The first session alone is entirely useless for what we are looking at.

I am sorry if you feel like the pay is not sufficient. Mturk wokers accept the HITS that they want to complete, so you are under no obligation to do this study if you do not want to. The payment is based on recommendation from other researchers, average payment for similar work, recommendations that I could find online about online research payments, and in line with federal hourly wage recommendations.

To reiterate, if you do not like the study design or payment, you are not required to take part in the study. Simply do not accept the HIT.

Best,
Renee

This whole study could of been done better in my opinion , but its what it is i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Blakkat

charlie

Reaction score
i decided to email the requester on why they are not offering any payment for part 1 if they are demanding such high quality work for 45 minutes.

their reply

All the payment comes in the second session because without participants returning for the second session, we cannot use the data. The first session alone is entirely useless for what we are looking at.

I am sorry if you feel like the pay is not sufficient. Mturk wokers accept the HITS that they want to complete, so you are under no obligation to do this study if you do not want to. The payment is based on recommendation from other researchers, average payment for similar work, recommendations that I could find online about online research payments, and in line with federal hourly wage recommendations.

To reiterate, if you do not like the study design or payment, you are not required to take part in the study. Simply do not accept the HIT.

Best,
Renee

This whole study could of been done better in my opinion , but its what it is i guess
my response would have been that nobody does work for free.

Reactions: freekshow420

freekshow420

Reaction score
my response would have been that nobody does work for free.
i told them that in my reply to them, they have not replied yet .

I also explained to them that many other requesters who do multi part studies pay for each part. Doubt ill get a response though since they probably feel like i was attacking them. even though i was not disrespectful about it

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
you know what i could really use? remember the noah hits where you had to change pronoun gender throughout a document based on what the requirement was? i made several hundred dollars off those. would love to see them come back.

Reactions: freekshow420

freekshow420

Reaction score
you know what i could really use? remember the noah hits where you had to change pronoun gender throughout a document based on what the requirement was? i made several hundred dollars off those. would love to see them come back.
i remember those. now its like Russian roulette, you never know when one of their hits will load.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Yale Institute for Network Science for work related to 3HXK2V1N4KUTG5D52X66YGH3KAJ2G5.
The value of your bonus is: $10.93 USD

The Requester included this note:
Final game score.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

HelloHello

Reaction score
Expires: 46 minutes, 56 seconds left

Instructions: COPY AND PASTE “IZOTE” ENTER IT AT SWAGBUCKS.COM

Worth: 5 SB

Reactions: Kristy201

charlie

Reaction score
my nieces are in a Kabuki style production of The Tempest tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing my favorite Shakespearean play done in classical Japanese style.

Reactions: HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Questionnaire on Politics(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY]
TurkerView: [ $15.04 / hour ]
Description: Earn $0.51 for 3 mins
Duration: 20 Min
Available: 23
Reward: $0.51
Qualifications:
  • TP Panel: -1743747900 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [401331-400742] DoesNotExist
  • rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3M7MTHY3PU478VJETNJPL8DMB7MNF8]

Kmd2jn

Reaction score
First survey question of the morning , looks like it's gonna be a long day

"How old your age are you "
It's become a hobby to make notes of typos and grammatical errors in studies and then tell the researchers in the "what did you think of our study box?". LOL

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.