01/17 - Tortuous Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I know it's about speed, and dexterity, but
The question was why he only grab it only AFTER I deleted it.
I'm missing something here. How are you sure someone only grabbed it after you deleted it? Are we talking milliseconds after you deleted it? How do you know someone faster wasn't grabbing posted hits while you had it on catcher? Like I said, I don't think it's anything nefarious, just thousands of people trying to catch hits at the same time

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I'm missing something here. How are you sure someone only grabbed it after you deleted it? Are we talking milliseconds after you deleted it? How do you know someone faster wasn't grabbing posted hits while you had it on catcher? Like I said, I don't think it's anything nefarious, just thousands of people trying to catch hits at the same time
my other thought is you may not be qualified to take the hit...or maybe not anymore. They already filled your demo, now they're looking for people that fill the missing demos

jenu

Reaction score
And then why didn't they catch him, because the hit was free for 3 days, and it wasn't even blocked by me.
I answer the first question because under my eyes the hit instantly went into "logged hits"

Reactions: HelloHello

alk69

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Samuel Gershman for work related to 3ZTE0JGGCEEEPG6GLEUBLBR61LFCOV.
The value of your bonus is: $4.89 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
Hummm.......I got the bonus a few sec. after I posted the question.....Hi, Sam! You read us here? It's a nice sunny day here.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
And then why didn't they catch him, because the hit was free for 3 days, and it wasn't even blocked by me.
I answer the first question because under my eyes the hit instantly went into "logged hits"
I really don't understand now. You can't "block" a hit. Maybe they were on vacation and just put it on catcher. Maybe they just saw it. There's a thousand possibilities why you couldn't catch it and they did

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I really don't understand now. You can't "block" a hit. Maybe they were on vacation and just put it on catcher. Maybe they just saw it. There's a thousand possibilities why you couldn't catch it and they did
to clarify, you can block a hit so it won't show up on your feed, but you can't block a hit from showing up on other people's queues. No one stole it from you. Someone was just better/luckier/more talented than you. Let it go.

There's always someone better

jenu

Reaction score
to clarify, you can block a hit so it won't show up on your feed, but you can't block a hit from showing up on other people's queues. No one stole it from you. Someone was just better/luckier/more talented than you. Let it go.

There's always someone better
The scenario that I described with sufficient accuracy and objectivity can only be explained if 3 conditions are met simultaneously: at the moment when I deleted the hit from Panda Crazy, it became active by the requester's decision, and someone took it instantly.
But no matter how lenient I am, such a thing is almost impossible to happen.
So it's not about someone being faster, but about a completely different phenomenon, which I don't want to imagine anymore.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
The scenario that I described with sufficient accuracy and objectivity can only be explained if 3 conditions are met simultaneously: at the moment when I deleted the hit from Panda Crazy, it became active by the requester's decision, and someone took it instantly.
But no matter how lenient I am, such a thing is almost impossible to happen.
So it's not about someone being faster, but about a completely different phenomenon, which I don't want to imagine anymore.
we'll have to agree to disagree, b/c I'm not buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.