01/22 - Foolish Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
I would love to see Vevo and/or ScreenCaptioning batches show up right about now :D

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This one was really quick for the pay, I hope it actually approves.
15 min 38 - $19.20/hr

Title: Movie rating Accept
Requester: Savannah chyanne Lewis [ADGBF4ERWBCFV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$50.90][Pay=Generous][Approval=Unrated][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $5.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Participants will be asked to give opinions based on given movie ratings.
Qualifications: None

Reactions: Skylycat and jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Find near-duplicate images | Accept
Requester: Aleksander Madry [A39ZT16GSGP5M5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.09] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.06
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1211
Description: Given a source image, select which of the target images contain similar photos of the same object
Qualifications: Location In CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

PandaThief

Reaction score
This one was really quick for the pay, I hope it actually approves.
15 min 38 - $19.20/hr

Title: Movie rating Accept
Requester: Savannah chyanne Lewis [ADGBF4ERWBCFV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$50.90][Pay=Generous][Approval=Unrated][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
Reward: $5.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Description: Participants will be asked to give opinions based on given movie ratings.
Qualifications: None
looks like it was a mistake, inside the hit said 50c but paid out $5 . 6 min for me

Reactions: katarina

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
looks like it was a mistake, inside the hit said 50c but paid out $5 . 6 min for me
In the consent form it also said 5. Under benefits it said "You will be paid $5.00" and under payment it said "You will be paid $0.50"

So who knows lol

charlie

Reaction score
In the consent form it also said 5. Under benefits it said "You will be paid $5.00" and under payment it said "You will be paid $0.50"

So who knows lol
as slow as it's been for me today i'll take either 50 cents or 5 dollars.

Reactions: JanetW and katarina

ace52

Reaction score
Hi! I've had an account for quite some time but never really did much. I decided I would give it a shot so technically I'm new! I guess my biggest question after reading over alot of the getting started documents, web pages, forums etc is.....can you actualy make a decent amount of money doing this? Right now there don't seem to be a whole lot of HITs available for me to do that are worth more than a few cents. I know it will probably take some time to build up to getting higher paying HITs but do you guys make enough that it's worth the time?

fawn

Reaction score
Hi! I've had an account for quite some time but never really did much. I decided I would give it a shot so technically I'm new! I guess my biggest question after reading over alot of the getting started documents, web pages, forums etc is.....can you actualy make a decent amount of money doing this? Right now there don't seem to be a whole lot of HITs available for me to do that are worth more than a few cents. I know it will probably take some time to build up to getting higher paying HITs but do you guys make enough that it's worth the time?
depends on what you consider worth the time! i can make at least 20 every day and usually more but im on all day
i like doing mturk much more than actually going somewhere and working lol

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know, I saw that in the review, but I also saw that it said in another place, $5.00...I'm going to write them

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
You can, but just starting out, it will probably be a tough row to hoe for a little bit. I know there are a lot of people that make quite a bit, but they have been doing it for 5+ years and have acquired closed-qualifications from requesters and are just more seasoned in what to look for that suits their work style. Some people like to do batch work others like surveys, there used to be some decent transcription work available as well. A lot of the "good" requesters from the heyday of MTurk have moved on to other means of getting their work done or just stopped posting completely. when I first started and Google requesters and other decent requesters would post regularly, it wasn't hard to make $30-$40 dollars without trying too hard. A lot now is just grinding out what you can find for as long as you can hold up unless you get lucky with a closed-qual batch or a big paying HIT here or there. Some days are better than others depending on what posts that day.

Make sure you are using the available tools like MTurk Suite (which has just gone through an upgrade and is having some growing pains as it gets smoothed out), or PandA Crazy, HIT forker and others to help you find and catch work that you can do. Most of the folks on the fourum are helpful and willing to answer questions, so if you have a question, feel free to ask.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum!

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Give parental-guide ratings (G, PG, TV-14, TV-MA) to a group of images based on suitability for various aged audiences - V2Accept
Requester: VEVO Administrator - Production [A2L1WHQ09UVEBN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.59][Pay=Good][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unacceptable][Rej=0][Blk=1]
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 73
Description: Give parental-guide ratings (G, PG, TV-14, TV-MA) to a group of images based on suitability for various aged audiences
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In AU, CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Video safety classification qualification - images GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99

fawn

Reaction score
Title: Give parental-guide ratings (G, PG, TV-14, TV-MA) to a group of images based on suitability for various aged audiences - V2Accept
Requester: VEVO Administrator - Production [A2L1WHQ09UVEBN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.59][Pay=Good][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unacceptable][Rej=0][Blk=1]
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 73
Description: Give parental-guide ratings (G, PG, TV-14, TV-MA) to a group of images based on suitability for various aged audiences
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In AU, CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Video safety classification qualification - images GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
OMFG more vevo...

CantGetaJob

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Why is there NOTHING the last several days?

charlie

Reaction score

So who knows lol
wow. if that pays $5 it's the HOTD for sure.

Reactions: Michele

charlie

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Why is there NOTHING the last several days?
It's January and not all colleges are back in session yet. Those that are have likely not gotten to the point of posting surveys and other tasks yet. It's still early in the Spring semester. Patience and in the meantime watch for posts here from the Mew bot. That bot posts qualification assessments and we should all be working on them in hopes of passing the assessments to earn the particular qualifications for closed qual hits.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Very Short ~1 min Study(~ 1 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Andrea Webb [A3534NZMHP0E8X] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.56] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.31] [Fast=4.64] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.33] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 30:00
Available: 14
Description: Give us your thoughts on an advertisement
Qualifications: Exc: [271454-270865] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

charlie

Reaction score
OMFG more vevo...
lol that was exactly my thought as i was posting that. that batch went quick. i like the quantity it had. hopefully that means there's more to come.

charlie

Reaction score
2 1/2 minutes going slow. very slow haha.
Title: Internet Service Provider SurveyAccept
Requester: Digital Ventures [A3KUA5E3KHRDKU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$55.51][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.75
Duration: 00:05:00
Description: Answer 6 easy questions about your current internet service provider.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 70; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Michele

charlie

Reaction score
Plenty of answers on this but they all end up pretty much the same. It depends on how much time you put into it and whether you're using all the available tools, have the qualifications and such. For the first few years I aimed for $20 days because this was primarily income in addition to my normal job. Some days I got well over, others not even close but in the end it was all just spending money for me and a little extra help on bills and such. I've been jobless since getting laid off in November and still work toward $20 estimated per day. I do not have the work ethic many Turkers have when it comes to working through a bunch of different tasks for hours per day. For me this will never replace the income of a regular job but it goes a long way toward helping me out at this point and going forward.

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
alright, vevo, no more teases. drop that batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.