01/26 - Sudden Rumbling Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
if only you lived where they would not have to use sled dogs or ice air pilots to deliver things! :)

Is a local resident running your town's post office? seems like USPS is not honoring their contract with Amazon in your area. :(
I'm thinking you're correct and I agree. Its up to Amazon to make USPS do it. Shenanigans!

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm thinking you're correct and I agree. Its up to Amazon to make USPS do it. Shenanigans!
contact your area's postmaster? Amazon is useless on things like this so i would not contact customer service other than to get a token credit. I got 3 late UPS amazon packages in a row, contacted amazon that their management might want to communicate with UPS about reducing the number of late deliveries, and amazon telling me there is nothing they can do about it. i know if i was an e-commerce proprietor, i would be talking to my shipping company if i was not satisfied with their service.

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
contact your area's postmaster? Amazon is useless on things like this so i would not contact customer service other than to get a token credit. I got 3 late UPS amazon packages in a row, contacted amazon that their management might want to communicate with UPS about reducing the number of late deliveries, and amazon telling me there is nothing they can do about it. i know if i was an e-commerce proprietor, i would be talking to my shipping company if i was not satisfied with their service.
Did that. Amazon didn't even offer a token credit this time. What they did do (for the second time), and that was after requesting a supervisor, is promise to change the default delivery company for Sundays so USPS won't be delivering my Sunday packages in the future. However note second time.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Invitation for upcomming Hit in 15 mins ~2020/1/26 at 5:30 pm PST(Los Angeles)/8:30 pm EST(New York) ~30 mins up to $6 | Accept
Requester: Clementine [A3220IV37G9F83] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.54] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 10:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer the survey now and we will invite you to participate an upcoming hit on 2020/1/26 at 5:30 pm PST(Los Angeles)/8:30 pm EST(New York) ~30 mins up to $6
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Did that. Amazon didn't even offer a token credit this time. What they did do (for the second time), and that was after requesting a supervisor, is promise to change the default delivery company for Sundays so USPS won't be delivering my Sunday packages in the future. However note second time.
hmmmmmmmmm. I know UPS and FEDEX have been talking sunday deliveries for awhile to support ecommerce customer needs but I was not aware anyone but USPS was an option at this time. I love my USPS service as Sunday deliveries are done without problems and I wish you could enjoy that too.

HelloHello

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmm. I know UPS and FEDEX have been talking sunday deliveries for awhile to support ecommerce customer needs but I was not aware anyone but USPS was an option at this time. I love my USPS service as Sunday deliveries are done without problems and I wish you could enjoy that too.
I can't recall if it is UPS or FedX that does Sundays here, but I do know it's one of them because I've gotten Sunday deliveries from them just not from Amazon.

Reactions: rsmath and Blakkat

rater9

Reaction score
Title: Health and Memory Questionnaire | PANDA
Requester: Ann Pearman [AAS6SN5KCWTXW] [TurkerView]
Description: The purpose of this short survey is to examine how people rate their health and cognition.
Duration: ~300min
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications:
  • Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 1
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 0 min, 32 sec
Catchability: Impossible
Pros: Qualifying screener for higher-paying hit.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Couple of minutes.
Title: A survey about law firm names • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3YATNUOYVME3JQ5YT0L8BBXX086R51/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/3YATNUOYVME3JQ5YT0L8BBXX086R51/tasks/accept_random
Requester: Thomas Richard Kayes • https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/A35VXGOG7M8J7U/projects
TV: [Hrly=$49.09] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0] • https://turkerview.com/requesters/A35VXGOG7M8J7U
TO No Reviews • https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A35VXGOG7M8J7U
TO2 No Reviews • https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A35VXGOG7M8J7U
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 45:00
Description: Help us choose a name for our new law firm
Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Invitation for upcomming Hit in 15 mins ~2020/1/26 at 5:30 pm PST(Los Angeles)/8:30 pm EST(New York) ~30 mins up to $6 | Accept
Requester: Clementine [A3220IV37G9F83] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.54] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 10:00
Description: Answer the survey now and we will invite you to participate an upcoming hit on 2020/1/26 at 5:30 pm PST(Los Angeles)/8:30 pm EST(New York) ~30 mins up to $6
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
Darn, just saw this too late

HelloHello

Reaction score
Discovered today that you can send a letter without having either an envelope or a stamp with an online service (actually there are quite a few). Also, you can order one stamped envelope from USPS.

It's been a long time since I have used snail mail.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Doesn't mean the gas tank cannot rupture during impact and leaking fuel catch on fire.

my first impression is that the crash is caused by pilot error, electing to fly due to schedule pressure than common sense of flying only in VFR conditions.
Looks like he was trying too hard to avoid going IFR.

The track
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N72EX/history/20200126/1708Z

The Audio
https://forums.liveatc.net/atcaviat...ch=10604;PHPSESSID=c12me8434otbok2fh69lh26ql5

Very sad

rater9

Reaction score
Title: Survey about web links | PANDA
Requester: Hana Habib [A1EXUZBO8KSTDP] [TurkerView]
Description: We are interested in learning your opinions about web links that you might see on websites. The study involves completing a short survey about web links. In total, this HIT will take about 5 minutes to complete. You will receive $1.00 as compensation.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Pilot DoesNotExis
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 6 min, 29 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: Very quick. Bubbles. Three very short writing prompts.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Short psychology questionnaire, 5 minutes total. | Accept
Requester: Joe Hoang [A9YGVHAKBNV9W] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.89] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 167
Description: We are conducting a short questionnaire. It should take 5 minutes total. If you have previously completed the survey, you would not be able to complete the survey again.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Discovered today that you can send a letter without having either an envelope or a stamp with an online service (actually there are quite a few). Also, you can order one stamped envelope from USPS.

It's been a long time since I have used snail mail.
ha, I can't even recall the last time I mailed a letter, or anything. What online service? I admit, I had no idea you could do that...

HelloHello

Reaction score
I wish there was a way in the automatic payments scheduling to elect the day you want to transfer. For example every Monday and Thursday would take care of those of us who like 3 day transfers and ensure we actually see money in our bank accounts the day after. Transfers on Fridays are useless since they don't arrive at the bank until Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday). Once again this week I get my money on Monday and then Tuesday.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I wish there was a way in the automatic payments scheduling to elect the day you want to transfer. For example every Monday and Thursday would take care of those of us who like 3 day transfers and ensure we actually see money in our bank accounts the day after. Transfers on Fridays are useless since they don't arrive at the bank until Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday). Once again this week I get my money on Monday and then Tuesday.
That is exactly what I have been thinking about today. I would prefer every 3 day transfers for the same reason. I don't like 7 day option at all, because I don't but that is what I went with. For now.

HelloHello

Reaction score
ha, I can't even recall the last time I mailed a letter, or anything. What online service? I admit, I had no idea you could do that...
I haven't decided which to try yet but MailMyLetter by LetterStream looks good to me https://www.mailmy letter.net/?r=letterstream and mailform https://www.mailformio/lp/send-letter-online looks good too.

I wish the various government agencies would wake up and smell the coffee . . . if you want a copy of a document they want a letter in the mail and offer to let you pay by check. Good grief, I haven't had checks in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.