Not open for further replies.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Overwatch Player Experiences and Loot Box Use | Accept
Requester: UW Gaming Research Lab [ATN9EPJXJV37W] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.25] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions about your thoughts, feelings and experiences opening loot boxes
Qualifications: Eligibility Questions1 EqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Location In AU, CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate a short summary of a news article | Accept
Requester: Robert Meyer [A2IDUJDYPJGEX5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.99] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.69] [Fast=4.52] [Comm=3.75] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=37] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 151
Description: Evaluate a short summary that someone wrote of a news article
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Veltora Otew

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate a short summary of a news article | PANDA
Requester: Robert Meyer [A2IDUJDYPJGEX5] [TurkerView]
Description: Evaluate a short summary that someone wrote of a news article
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 2 min, 29 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: All on one page.

chrisd6

Reaction score
i am not sure if this is worth it. 1 hour for $0.50 on the qual which is expected and if each $2 hit is going to be 30 mins, it will be underpaid. May also be underpaid if everyone and their mom gets the qual so a few thousand get devoured in 10 mins, making the qual useless.

I've taken the attitude that most quals from well known requesters are worth the time. Even if it sucks to do and is underpaid, just nabbing one really good qual paying $30+/hour makes it alllll worth it

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I've taken the attitude that most quals from well known requesters are worth the time. Even if it sucks to do and is underpaid, just nabbing one really good qual paying $30+/hour makes it alllll worth it
how do we know the NLP is a $30/hr batch? All I can tell is that each hit pays $2 but it is not stated that I can tell how long each HIT takes.

chrisd6

Reaction score
how do we know the NLP is a $30/hr batch? All I can tell is that each hit pays $2 but it is not stated that I can tell how long each HIT takes.
We don't know and that's why it's worth the chance (in my opinion)

I had no idea the Alexandria's would be paying me $56/hour and I almost skipped taking the qual
I also had a qual that was a lot of info and a huge pain and evidently only I did the qual successfully because I was the only one working on the HITs and it paid me $60/hour like 2 weeks ago

I just think it's worth the chance even if it doesn't work out because the good ones outweigh the bad and average ones when you get them

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

I had no idea the Alexandria's would be paying me $56/hour and I almost skipped taking the qual
I also had a qual that was a lot of info and a huge pain and evidently only I did the qual successfully because I was the only one working on the HITs and it paid me $60/hour like 2 weeks ago

I just think it's worth the chance even if it doesn't work out because the good ones outweigh the bad and average ones when you get them
I agree, it gives you opportunities.

sometimes requesters reuse quals as well, and when they do, the new hits can be an improvement.
occasionally they increase pay on hits as well. It is worth it to revisit requesters and hits from time to time on work you have been passing on to see if the work has evolved and fits better with what you are good at. many times you can find good pockets of work that way that you didn't initially think was worth it.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I agree, it gives you opportunities.

sometimes requesters reuse quals as well, and when they do, the new hits can be an improvement.
occasionally they increase pay on hits as well. It is worth it to revisit requesters and hits from time to time on work you have been passing on to see if the work has evolved and fits better with what you are good at. many times you can find good pockets of work that way that you didn't initially think was worth it.
Gotta remember the ABCs of MTurk

Always
Be
Cualing

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta remember the ABCs of MTurk

Always
Be
Cualing
When that qual hit showed up in my queue, I remembered the ABC's of Mturk, and dismissed it because I was ultra involved in another batch that was making me good $$, but also because I was just damn tired and had no patience to read and understand the directions. I justified my decision to return it because I figured I'd get another shot at it tomorrow, lol. My bad!

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Other People | Accept
Requester: Grace Flores-Robles [A393WQQIC9G5C4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.18] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1 day
Description: We are looking for participants in a psychology study. If you decide to participate, you will be asked to read basic instructions and describe your perceptions, thoughts, feelings, and/or attitudes of others.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: Blakkat

baconfly

Reaction score
Title: Complete a 2-minute survey for $0.30(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.64] [Fast: 4.52] [Comm: 3.93] [Fair: 4.56] [Reviews: 502] [ToS: 2]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 30 days
Description: Complete a 2-minute survey for $0.30
Qualifications: Exc: [19-196027] DoesNotExist; TP Panel: -1655170301 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Usertesting has been a good little side income recently, $30 this week so far.

They had issues with an old video recorder recently (3 tests borked on my end, was glad to see on forums, I was not alone), and today was the first time I've run it with the new computer video recorder, worked fine.

I lean to the phone tests more, they seem quicker / the video recording goes easier.

It took a month or two to get going with Usertesting. I'm starting to see results. FYI

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.