03/13 - Meretricious Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenu

Reaction score
every 5 minutes the website crashes, but what annoys me more is that no one complains or reacts!
I think that soon we will say goodbye mturk!

Reactions: C to the J

freekshow420

Reaction score
every 5 minutes the website crashes, but what annoys me more is that no one complains or reacts!
I think that soon we will say goodbye mturk!
are you using PCM with MTS? I was using PCM catch wtth MTS finder. It was causing the crashes for me at least.

jenu

Reaction score
are you using PCM with MTS? I was using PCM catch wtth MTS finder. It was causing the crashes for me at least.
This is not the cause!
The collapse occurs even without having PCM active.
I have pointed this out several times.

• Sad
Reactions: freekshow420

freekshow420

Reaction score
This is not the cause!
The collapse occurs even without having PCM active.
I have pointed this out several times.
ahh well. at least for me when i stopped using PCM and went back to using both MTS finder/catcher it has stopped crashing,

hopefully something gets fixed. that was really annoying for me and can only imagine what its like for you

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jenu

jenu

Reaction score
ahh well. at least for me when i stopped using PCM and went back to using both MTS finder/catcher it has stopped crashing,

hopefully something gets fixed. that was really annoying for me and can only imagine what its like for you
The reason is that now the mturk platform only supports a limited number of participants because it has been alloted much less data storage space and this can be seen, for example, in the "HIT Tracker" section where all the older data has evaporated and so you can't find a hit that you made a year ago.
All in all, the platform has lost the prestige it enjoyed until recently, as a result of the underground destabilization maneuvers carried out in a surprising way even by some people who were invested with a lot of trust and had the opportunity to disturb the waters as a revenge for reasons known only to them.

Reactions: HelloHello

JCIII

Reaction score
gotta be the lowest paying Prolific survey I've seen
Privacy at work T1
By mail2.sysu.edu.cn
  • £0.20 • £1.25/hr
  • 9 mins
  • 273 places

Here is the relevant part about the pay of this study.

We are academic researchers from one large university. This research project is an investigation of the privacy at work with three waves of surveys. There is five-day interval between waves. In each wave, you need to complete a questionnaire, which takes about 1-3 minutes. Participants will receive £ 0.2 in the first wave, £ 0.2 in the second wave and £ 0.8 in the third wave for compensation.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've given up on making more than a few dollars a day on here. Glad I've got other resources to fall back on. I can remember the day when I could make a $100. a day long gone are those days:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I picked the wrong time to come back for a bit. Just to casually try it out.
Haven't really worked in about 3 years, casually for a few months 2 years ago.
It was meh then but now, this is just crazy. Theres nothing.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked the wrong time to come back for a bit. Just to casually try it out.
Haven't really worked in about 3 years, casually for a few months 2 years ago.
It was meh then but now, this is just crazy. Theres nothing.
I remember when You where one of the best ones on here making money:D:D:D Not to forget about Princess Gina Marie. How old is the little one now (about3)?

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
The reason is that now the mturk platform only supports a limited number of participants because it has been alloted much less data storage space and this can be seen, for example, in the "HIT Tracker" section where all the older data has evaporated and so you can't find a hit that you made a year ago.
All in all, the platform has lost the prestige it enjoyed until recently, as a result of the underground destabilization maneuvers carried out in a surprising way even by some people who were invested with a lot of trust and had the opportunity to disturb the waters as a revenge for reasons known only to them.
isn't walmart hiring?

Reactions: HelloHello

JDWFM

Reaction score
Is there anything else out that is similar work, or even different online work, that I can do in addition to MTurk? I'm just trying to do something in my down time to make around $100 a week. MTurk just isn't cutting it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.