03/17 - Speedy Green Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: 10-15 Minute Survey, Adults Age 24-55, HH income $25,000-$100,000, Have Eaten a Hot Dog in the Last Year | Accept
Requester: C. Heilman [A2CNLEM1XYGZJV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.48] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.80] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.73] [Reviews=30] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: 10-15 minute survey for adults, ages of 24-55 with household income between $25,000-$100,000, Have Eaten a Hot Dog in the Last Year
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
6:30 for me, if you meet the requirements mentioned.

Reactions: scrmcasey

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Our car was just repossessed... if anyone knows any advice about how to work with the bank to get it back when you're broke af... please let me know... the bank is chase...

Just wanted to update...on the phone with my mother... she's going to help us... I'm shocked... she has MS and is on a very fixed income... but my biological father never paid child support... so social services was making him pay them and then my mom for back child support... and when my aunt died ...he got a settlement.. and they sent my mom what he owed in one lump sum...so she's able to help us out a bit with a rental car ... thanks so much for all the support,, you guys are amazing, your words really helped. I don't have any friends in real life and it really hits home when something like this happens, so it meant a lot to have people rooting for me. :greenheart::greenheart::greenheart:

Last edited:

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
Our car was just repossessed... if anyone knows any advice about how to work with the bank to get it back when you're broke af... please let me know... the bank is chase...
ouch I'm sorry :/ they might negotiate a smaller payment and put the rest of it on the back end of the loan (i.e., make you pay interest on it again)? never had to deal with this personally but i've heard of that before

Reactions: IridescentOwl

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
6:30 for me, if you meet the requirements mentioned.
Really sorry to hear that, and that you have to deal with it. I don't know how valid this advice is today, but that happened to me many years ago. I talked to a bank representative, and gave my background story. I pleaded with them to allow me time to raise the money. Bottom line for them was I had to pay loan off. I had to turn to relatives for help. Don't be too proud to ask for help or feel ashamed of what happened. Your family cares, just ask.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that, and that you have to deal with it. I don't know how valid this advice is today, but that happened to me many years ago. I talked to a bank representative, and gave my background story. I pleaded with them to allow me time to raise the money. Bottom line for them was I had to pay loan off. I had to turn to relatives for help. Don't be too proud to ask for help or feel ashamed of what happened. Your family cares, just ask.
Thanks. Both of our family disowned us when we got married, they didn't say that's why...but the timing was a bit suspicious lol... I am going to try to contact an aunt who was always there for me and my wife is considering contacting her sister... it's humiliating but I don't think we have a choice. Thanks for the moral support.

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Both of our family disowned us when we got married, they didn't say that's why...but the timing was a bit suspicious lol... I am going to try to contact an aunt who was always there for me and my wife is considering contacting her sister... it's humiliating but I don't think we have a choice. Thanks for the moral support.
Just gather your thoughts tonight, and go ahead and make those calls tomorrow.

Edit: No matter what you think your family thinks of you and your wife, that is from your perceptions. Theirs might be completely different. Contact them anyway. It won't hurt.

Last edited:

Jim Guererro

Reaction score
This is my first contribution to this forum. I need to do more because of all the great HITS I've received so far. I will try hard to keep up with everyone else here. Great being here.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
You've received a bonus from Shane Stinson for work related to 34ZTTGSNJXOGYIHXQZQPFD6PWJAHQ3.

The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:

Thank you for your participation. Here is your bonus payment.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Reactions: GTR and DareAngel3

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
i assume you have called the bank and tried to see if they could find a different payment plan for you?

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
i assume you have called the bank and tried to see if they could find a different payment plan for you?
We thought they were working with us... thats why i'm terrified they're going to just sell it and not give us any more options but... we wont know til they open in the morning...

Reactions: ccmet121

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
We thought they were working with us... thats why i'm terrified they're going to just sell it and not give us any more options but... we wont know til they open in the morning...
ok, so you have been in contact with the bank.

considering it's a car (and especially if it's a new car), you know it loses a chunk of asset value just driving it away from the car lot so you'd think that a bank would rather extend the payment term length -- lowering monthly payments to something one in default might be able to afford -- and collect more interest on the outstanding remaining principal of the loan over that longer time than to have to pay to repo it, clean it up, store it until they can sell it.

I'm glad I financed my car from my credit union. They look out for me and give me better loan rates than if I did it from the dealer or some finance company in cahoots with the dealer.

Last edited:

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how many payments you're behind but usually they will put 1-2 payment towards the end of your finance term if you're behind a few months. They give you 30 days to pay what is owed before they are allowed to run the car in a auction from what I know. Not sure it if its different from state to state.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~10 mins.

Title: Academic survey about environmental purchasing practices | Accept
Requester: Prabhjot Singh [A2IV45GOKQD44F] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.25] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: We are asking participants to imagine themselves customers of a company that is evaluating their environmental practices.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96; duplicate DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~12 mins.

Title: Survey of Time and Happiness (10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yuta Chishima [A19CF2LIHFNF2C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.71] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Description: As a participant in this survey, you will be asked to make judgments about your temporal perception. The assessment should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Just wanted to update...on the phone with my mother... she's going to help us... I'm shocked... she has MS and is on a very fixed income... but my biological father never paid child support... so social services was making him pay them and then my mom for back child support... and when my aunt died ...he got a settlement.. and they sent my mom what he owed in one lump sum...so she's able to help us out a bit with a rental car ... thanks so much for all the support,, you guys are amazing, your words really helped. I don't have any friends in real life and it really hits home when something like this happens, so it meant a lot to have people rooting for me. :greenheart::greenheart::greenheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.