04/01 - Surprises Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I have orientation (for this job I've had for almost 4 months) this week. Do y'all think I have to wear work clothes or can I just show up in jeans and a t-shirt? This is the orientation that will give me my actual uniform so

edit: I'm not gonna see the answers to this, I'm going to sleep. Good night turkeys

Last edited:
Reactions: JenniLeigh and GTR

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: 15 minute study | Accept
Requester: Surveys [A3UZVHOLFVVAXW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]35.30[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
So if it weren't expensive enough to live in San Diego, I just received a bill from the City Treasurer stating that I was supposed to be paying an annual Business Tax fee for the privilege of working on Amazon Mechanical Turk for the past 3 years from within my own home. So they've issued me a $180 bill for the past 3 years of certificate fees plus late fees.

What fun! :angry2:
Albuquerque is like that, too (requires a business permit to conduct business within city limits, even if you are self-employed) but the good news is that I've been reamed since day 1 on it so I haven't had to find out by surprise that I have to do it and get a big bill for all the years of working.

At least it's $35/year so it's not as bad as San Diego.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
I have glitter, metallic, sparklepop (those are expensive, might not share), pastel. I got so many gel pens it's ridiculous.

Unless glitter gel means something else and then I'm gonna need some details cause anything with "glitter" in the name is something I want.
No neon? :eek:

Reactions: GTR

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Albuquerque is like that, too (requires a business permit to conduct business within city limits, even if you are self-employed) but the good news is that I've been reamed since day 1 on it so I haven't had to find out by surprise that I have to do it and get a big bill for all the years of working.

At least it's $35/year so it's not as bad as San Diego.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of life and bills $35/year is a drop in the bucket, and the $180 is annoying but not the end of the world either. I'm going to call the office tomorrow and try to talk my way out of the late fees (on account of their lack of clarity in regards to crowd-sourced work, or something like that...) so then it'd just be the $105.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I have orientation (for this job I've had for almost 4 months) this week. Do y'all think I have to wear work clothes or can I just show up in jeans and a t-shirt? This is the orientation that will give me my actual uniform so

edit: I'm not gonna see the answers to this, I'm going to sleep. Good night turkeys
If it wasn't specified, I would probably just go in work clothes.

Reactions: GTR and Jaded

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score

Night and I'd wear what I was wearing to work normally.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
. I'm going to call the office tomorrow and try to talk my way out of the late fees (on account of their lack of clarity in regards to crowd-sourced work, or something like that...) so then it'd just be the $105.
wow, I'm surprised that was the current year fee plus penalties. I thought that figure was 3 years of licenses plus penalties.

GL with calling the city. When I deal with goverment, I usually find that they say ignorance is no excuse but they are willing to work with you to get into compliance rather than just slam you with a citation for being in violation of conducting business without a business license.

New Mexico has gross receipts taxes (like a sales tax but taxes on not only goods but services). I had a services contract with an out-of-state employer so I didn't think the GRT applied to me becuase it was not conducted locally. My government got into contact with me to find out why I wasn't paying my GRT and that's when I learned that I should have been paying it as my situation was not one of the GRT exclusions. They didn't charge me with failure to pay GRT as they said they'd rather get me into compliance and caught up with current and past years' GRT and we worked out an arrangement and got caught up with a minimal amount of penalties added since I was working with them and not fighting them.

Skylycat

Reaction score
PE $100.35 thank you noah as usual!

And with that I'm going to bed. Make a bunch of money while I sleep!

Reactions: aveline and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
wearing a two piece bikini may get you a pay raise

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
wearing a two piece bikini may get you a pay raise
or fired for unprofessional conduct/dress.

Safe thing is to go to the orientation wearing what Jaded was the last 4 months and then she can continue working in that outfit or change into her employee uniform if they give her one.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Jaded @Jaded wear whatever you want. If you want to dress like a princess, then go ahead. They need to know who you really are.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]22.38[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes for MLData to pay?
they must be lurking! :wink:

after my other post, a bunch of them approved and now i"m over 5K. I haven't figured out how to use Hit Tracker to figure out how old those were that just got approved. All I know is a bunch of MLDataLabeler were paid as the number of submitted HITs waiting from approval fell by a few hundred.

Reactions: LucyO
Status
Not open for further replies.