04/16 - Fervent Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
National Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day - raise your hand if you don't!
National Bean Counter Day
National Orchid Day
National Healthcare Decisions Day
National Eggs Benedict Day
National Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet Day

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Bidding on papers for peer review | PANDA
Requester: Reshef [A13VY3VK8FK7MI] (Req TV): $21.87/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Earn $2-$15 for participating in an innovative experiment on bidding behavior. The experiment takes about 15-20 minutes.
Time: 4 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Reactions: Blakkat

Minx2121

Reaction score
well, the fire is going and it's still snowing out there.

Yesterday, I was wearing shorts. :smow:
Dang, it's chilly here but the bit of snow we got yesterday didn't last long, none of it even stuck to the ground,,,

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your experience with app permissions on AndroidAccept
Requester: Lydia D. [A2QVY9VZV39KTR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.68][Pay=Generous][Approval=3-7 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 02:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This survey will take around 15 minutes and ask you about your understanding of app permissions on Android as well as about your experiences and behavior around app permissions on Android. DO NOT TAKE THE SURVEY MORE THAN ONCE.
Qualifications: PreviousParticipant DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; Primary Mobile Device - Android EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

jan

Reaction score
Dang, it's chilly here but the bit of snow we got yesterday didn't last long, none of it even stuck to the ground,,,
it won't last long. there's nothing on the street - or my driveway, really. But it's sticking to the yard. We've got about an inch.

(just rescued the plants and put them in the garage :)

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Give your reactions to a company's investment(~ 8 minutes)Accept
Requester: Donal Crilly [A34UUXKUIHKCVH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.26][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.34][Fast=4.64][Comm=3.50][Fair=4.73][Reviews=35][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 20
Description: We would like to understand your reactions to an investment made by a company. This survey is only intended for respondents who do invest, or who have previously invested, in the stock market.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50000; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; Exc: [9250932-288522] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -844111742 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Short survey (about 6 minutes)Accept
Requester: Sebastian Hafenbraedl [A1URKJIKFJJWKT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.33][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.82][Fast=4.44][Comm=3.67][Fair=4.21][Reviews=73][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.65
Duration: 00:55:00
Available: 1
Description: You'll be asked to read instructions and then answer a few questions. Participants from India only, participation is not possible via VPN, VPS or proxy servers that hide your country
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo IN

Reactions: jan

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
thinking that putting my ferns outside last week was a mistake
you don't have blankets or water walls for your plants?

should be snowing nearby this weekend but not in the city where it should be rain or a melting mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

Minx2121

Reaction score
it won't last long. there's nothing on the street - or my driveway, really. But it's sticking to the yard. We've got about an inch.

(just rescued the plants and put them in the garage :)
Oh that's good! :D

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
you don't have blankets or water walls for your plants?

should be snowing nearby this weekend but not in the city where it should be rain or a melting mix.
I would LOVE to have a water wall inside the house. Instead, I bought metal shelves that I put on wheels. I move them inside in the winter. But I was starting to take some out to the patio (I want the space back) for summer.

Reactions: HelloHello

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Screening Survey for Study on Effective Goal-Setting(~ 8 minutes)Accept
Requester: MPRG for Rationality Enhancement [AWNXYKVIXKW0B] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.01][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.00][Fast=4.38][Comm=2.00][Fair=4.43][Reviews=15][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.10
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 15
Description: The purpose of this survey is to find potential participants that 1) would be interested in participating in a three to four-week long online study on effective goal-setting (more details about the study will follow) and 2) meet the required criteria to participate in said study. For this short screening survey, we would like you to answer some questions about your current life situation. If you meet the required criteria for participation in the main study, then we will also ask you to set several career-related goals after which you will answer some questions about them. We will determine whether you meet the required criteria with the first four questions in the survey. If the required criteria are met, you will be able to proceed with the survey. If these criteria are not met after the first four questions, the survey will automatically end and you will not be compensated. Once you submit the survey, we will evaluate your responses. We will contact you in a few days if you are qualified to take part in the main study. If you agree to participate, please note that some participation data may be collected and used by CloudResearch (www.cloudresearch.com) as per its privacy agreement: https://www.cloudresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/CloudResearch-Privacy-Policy.pdf
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; Exc: [482025947-284920] DoesNotExist ; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; TP Panel: 491656660 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have a water wall inside the house. Instead, I bought metal shelves that I put on wheels. I move them inside in the winter. But I was starting to take some out to the patio (I want the space back) for summer.
water wall - a circular piece of plastic with chambers you fill up with water to make it stiff and you have your plant in the middle. It can be a great temporary solution to keep your plant a few degrees warmer on a cold night and might keep your plant from dying due to freeze exposure.

jan

Reaction score
water wall - a circular piece of plastic with chambers you fill up with water to make it stiff and you have your plant in the middle. It can be a great temporary solution to keep your plant a few degrees warmer on a cold night and might keep your plant from dying due to freeze exposure.

oh! those are nifty. I DID try to keep my kale over winter two years ago with plastic 'houses' I build around them (but, alas - the two feet of snow that we get every year was too much).

But yes, those are great temp. solutions :)

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Decision making study(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jedilab [A2J5MQUH9Z0KG2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.84] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.40] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 54
Description: In this study, you will be asked to complete a number of decision-making tasks in which you distribute money between yourself and one or more other people. The study is estimated to take around 15-20 minutes and you will receive $2.50 for completing it. In addition, you will receive a bonus based on your decisions in the tasks.
Qualifications: Exc: [9239933-288528] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat
Status
Not open for further replies.