05/22 - Warburton Wednesday!

Does your username have a story behind it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Job Interview and a Problem-Solving Exercise(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Research Account Taya Cohen [AYTKU460T9VM8] (Req TV): $22.80/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.93] [Fair: 4.56] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 3.67]
Description:
If you participate in this study, you will be asked to answer personality questionnaires and two open-ended interview questions. Additionally, you will be asked to complete a problem-solving exercise under time pressure. The study will last approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
Time: 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Exc: [4730119-147637] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Reactions: aveline

Amygrahamloves

Reaction score
Hey there, I’m new to mturk and I recently completed the Foxtrot English Expert 12 question test. I figured it did pretty well because I was able to answer the question easily. But I received an email that says:

“You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

Qualification: Foxtrot English Expert
Requester: Foxtrot
Qualification Value: 0”

I am able to retake the test but anyone have pointers for passing? What does the value 0 mean? I really thought I had at least 10/12 correct.

Any information would be extremely helpful. @mentor

Thanks!

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
My ex (I think that's correct?) stepdad was really good friends with the two girls that ended up in the killing fields, Brooke Bracewell and Georgia Greer. The night they went missing he was the last to see them both together and alive. They were at a gas station grabbing beer and a dude in a van rolled up and asked them if they wanted to party. My stepdad and the other dude declined but the girls went with the guy.

The one cool story from that guy.
I was raised in Georgia and my last name is Greer.. Just thought I would share

Reactions: JDWFM

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
35 rejections and a dozen pending from Johanngate. Before his batch, I had a total of 45 rejections out of 290,000 total in my turking career.
I have 32 rejections and some still pending . I am sooo annoyed.. even more annoyed that not may people reviewed on TV. you figure they would before they run out of time to.. At least to hold their spot to do a clear review later.. I always start a review for new requesters just in case

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
We need more requesters like this
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Eyewitness Lab for work related to 38RHULDV9Y3OUAFPVUEY0OFQZFNIWB.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Workers are randomly assigned to participate in Part 2 of this study. You have not been assigned to participate in Part 2; however, in the interest of fairness, you are receiving a bonus for your participation in this study.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Hey there, I’m new to mturk and I recently completed the Foxtrot English Expert 12 question test. I figured it did pretty well because I was able to answer the question easily. But I received an email that says:

“You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

I am able to retake the test but anyone have pointers for passing? What does the value 0 mean? I really thought I had at least 10/12 correct.

Thanks!
I meant to ask this earlier. Does the @mentor tag still work? Or was it @mentors? @Staff?

Reactions: savvy and aveline

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I looked up that case after you posted about it because I remembered some of the details, and watched a documentary about the case. Not sure if what I saw online is correct (some looked sketchy) but they were spelling the last name of Georgia "Geer"

Edit: I forgot my point, lol. Just wanted to let Kristina M Greer @Kristina M Greer know that she may not have a connection with the victim. So maybe the only bad news for her today is the rejections which I am sure will be reversed!

Last edited:
Reactions: JDWFM

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I limit my vinyl spending at like $30 max per record.
I mean unless of course I came across like a Beatles butcher cover for $300 or something fucking crazy like that.

This is most valuable one I own. :ROFL:

https://www.discogs.com/Ralph-Jones...Original-Motion-Picture-Score/release/1220993

Was able to finally get a first pressing of The Wall for $20 couple weeks ago though. :thumbsup:
You would go nuts in my house we have boxes of old vinyl. Tons of Beatles, Styxs, Queen, Johnny Winter III, Cars, and the list goes on and on.

Reactions: C to the J

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I limit my vinyl spending at like $30 max per record.
I mean unless of course I came across like a Beatles butcher cover for $300 or something fucking crazy like that.

This is most valuable one I own. :ROFL:

https://www.discogs.com/Ralph-Jones...Original-Motion-Picture-Score/release/1220993

Was able to finally get a first pressing of The Wall for $20 couple weeks ago though. :thumbsup:
Slumber Party Massacre is probably worth less on record tbh. Though I probably saw it on VHS. I have one of the 1st releases of DsotM on Vinyl, but it doesn't have the original posters.

Reactions: C to the J

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Thanks!
Hi, welcome.

The meaning of the score tends to very from requester to requester, so you usually just have to look at the HITs that they have up to see what score they require. I'm seeing two batches from that requester that require a score of 1 or 2, so they probably want you to get a 12/12 on the test.

Unfortunately though, we're not really able to discuss the content of qualification tests. It can sometimes interfere with data quality, so we have rules against it. But if you can take it again, go for it. Sometimes I'll catch stuff on the second time around that I might have missed the first time.

Reactions: cb456
Status
Not open for further replies.