05/27 - Mellow Monday

How you feeling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Ching

Reaction score
glad there’s 4 ppl doing great in here
I'm not necessarily great, but not really meh or terrible either. If there was a good option and also an just ok option, I may have went with just ok. :)

Reactions: Katia2019

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Gender and emotions survey | Accept
Requester: Emotions Lab [A326TDC59Q0U6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Mediumslateblue]11.07[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]2.40[/color]] [Fast=[color=Mediumpurple]2.33[/color]] [Comm=[color=Mediumpurple]2.33[/color]] [Fair=[color=Mediumpurple]2.33[/color]] [Reviews=8] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please tell us your opinion about gender and emotions. This is a research study from the University of Guelph consisting of 3 surveys in total: Survey 1 will be ~30 mins. long ($4), Survey 2 will be 10 mins. long ($2), Survey 3 will be 10 mins. long ($2).
Qualifications: Gender and emotions survey participated DoesNotExist ; Gender & Emotions Study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In CA, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
LAST QUESTION lol ....... When you all use HC and PC, do you use it for every hit you can't grab? Or just for specific $ amounts like say $3 an up?
No, not for every HIT and not all at once.

When a HIT posts, and you see it on HIT Finder, more often than not, it'll be grabbed by other workers before you can even click on it. Don't stress about that, there's literally nothing you can do to fix that. In some cases, a requester will post 100 or 1000 of the same survey HIT, so you will be able to catch it directly off of HIT Finder.

For the HITs you cannot accept directly from HIT Finder, you have a chance at grabbing them with a PANDA/Watcher when other workers return them. Most likely, if someone returns a HIT that is $3 or more, it's because they've already done it or the HIT sucks or they're too busy making more on a batch or some other HIT, and they let the timer expire... Therefore, by timing when you turn on a PANDA based on when a HIT is likely to be expiring out of someone else's queue, that will give you the best chance of catching the HIT...

Also, if I have a bunch of (hitwatchers?) in my HC does that slow the overall process of scanning? Or just slow down my PC's general resources?

Hit Catcher is just the program and hit watchers are each hit that you are scanning for within HC, correct? Ok, no more questions! I actually need to read the write up of instructions for MTS tonight to learn.
PANDAs in Panda Crazy and Watchers in Hit Catcher are the same thing. Therefore, they can interfere with each other, and running too many (more than 2) PANDAs/Watchers at once slows down the frequency at which they scan for HITs, and ultimately you'll miss out on more.

Here's my explanation of what happens when you run too many PANDAs/watchers at once:
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/...-multiple-pandas-running-simultaneously.4305/

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is Turkernator still available? I haven't looked into it past reading your subreddit and that subreddit's last posts are from like 4 months ago. Yet, last week when I was lurking here I saw somebody mention Turkenator?
Still available. Unfortunately, no free trial is available yet.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: short video and survey | PANDA
Requester: zumberge [A3RGD3L9AVCJDK] (Req TV): $18.29/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
view a short informational video and answer survey questions
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 20
Reward: $1.00