05/30 - Terrific Thursday!

What is your favorite "Best Picture" Oscar Winner from the 90s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Thanks :) Do you use page size of 80 no matter what? I mean surveys and batches?

I wonder if science will ever find out and isolate what ever it is that make jellyfish immortal and create an immortality pill for human consumption? Probably not right as we are so over populated as it is and that would be the last thing the global elitist cabal would want.
Yea pretty much, although others may vary. I find it pretty sufficient for me.

Reactions: I Ching

I Ching

Reaction score
I stopped doing his hits, he's very picky and reject happy. Lots of rejections reported
Yeah, same here. I believe I received one rejection so far, but also had a few approved. I have a few in limbo right now and have been for almost a month now.

Reactions: PJ-DIY

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Read some scenarios and provide your assessment for the protagonist's action | PANDA
Requester: Cube [A38TZ68J8UWBH7]
TurkerView: [ $22.49 / hour ]
Description: Read some scenarios and then to provide your assessment for the protagonist's action. We are simply interested in your judgment.
Duration: 20 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[36TBNKR919QWSD10SI45BK23H6HEDJ]

this was less than 5 minutes

Reactions: jan and spchles1

TimmyTurk

Reaction score
Hi, I hope I'm posting this correctly. (New user). I just completed my first 10 days on MTurk, and wanted to share a few thoughts for what they're worth.
1. So far, I find Turking to be fun and rewarding. Some very interesting HIT's, some challenging ones, and some curious ones.
2. Some of the surveys are very interesting, and I've enjoyed taking part. Managed to learn some things about myself in the process.
3. Some of these HIT's disappear FAST!
4. I thought my handwriting was bad until I saw some of the p9r HIT's (smile)
5. I'm gradually making progress toward my first 1,000 (334 so far, with only 1 rejection). Hoping to open up some of the higher-paying HIT's.
6. Gotta really be alert when working the HIT's. Some of the descriptions are misleading, and some of the time allotments are way too short.
7. Glad I'm here, hello to all, and have a great day.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, I hope I'm posting this correctly. (New user). I just completed my first 10 days on MTurk, and wanted to share a few thoughts for what they're worth.
1. So far, I find Turking to be fun and rewarding. Some very interesting HIT's, some challenging ones, and some curious ones.
2. Some of the surveys are very interesting, and I've enjoyed taking part. Managed to learn some things about myself in the process.
5. I'm gradually making progress toward my first 1,000 (334 so far, with only 1 rejection). Hoping to open up some of the higher-paying HIT's.
6. Gotta really be alert when working the HIT's. Some of the descriptions are misleading, and some of the time allotments are way too short.
Welcomaboard.gif

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Welcome!

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Complete a 15-minute psychology survey for $1.50 | PANDA
Requester: Lenny Vartanian [AT3WWH9DBCFPW] (Req TV): $11.19/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will be asked to answer questions about other people, and to complete some brief questionnaires about yourself. The survey should take approximately 15 minutes.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
8 min

Reactions: TheDuck

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Welcome! I would definitely caution you against doing p9r Hits - some of my earliest rejections came from them without reason. If you have any questions, don't be shy!

KittyTacos

Reaction score

Ahoy there, New Member, and welcome aboard.... :cat:

jijab

Reaction score
Title: This survey examines knowledge of English grammar. | Accept
Requester: Liat HJ [A1Y2HCSARC9XXO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.05] [Pay=Good] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.76] [Fast=3.79] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.69] [Reviews=43] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.25] [Pen=7.00] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 25:00
Description: This survey examines knowledge of English grammar. This survey can only be taken once!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]

Just a couple minutes easy
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey nice to meet you! I like your avatar! Glad you're enjoying yourself, it can def be fun and interesting, but never believe a survey that tells you it will be fun and interesting.

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Title: 10-minute study for $1.20 plus possible bonus(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.59] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.66] [Fast=4.54] [Comm=3.95] [Fair=4.55] [Reviews=484] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=0.45] [Pen=1.80] [Res=0.00] [Rec=74] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=11]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Answer survey questions to earn money
Qualifications: Exc: [141437410-149752] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Reactions: CakesandPies

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: 3 minute survey ($0.30)(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Alexander Park [A2AYWZFGG0TRMK]
TurkerView: [ $13.33 / hour ]
Description: survey
Duration: 30 Min
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [148392-149755] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location In US
[3EX6YJ62U7QRBAQ46PXLHQMVCOJJZO]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Quick Survey About Morality(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT]
TurkerView: [ $13.43 / hour ]
Description: This survey is an academic research survey. In this survey, you will be asked to for your opinions about the morality of scenarios. Some of the material you may find offensive to contemplate. You may exit the survey at any point. This survey takes about 4 minutes to complete. By participating you will be paid $0.40.
Duration: 60 Min
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [719298842-149746] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85
  • Location In US
[3KNJI1FZ8L9VBCITL9HNW8DYF5EQNR]

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Welcome! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Also, way back when I was a new Turker, I found a lot of answers to my questions could be found on MTC simply by using the Search option at the upper right... In particular, you can further refine your searches based on MTC Members which is helpful once you identify who are some of the more prolific workers on MTC and then you can search to see the sorts of HITs they tend to discuss or work on.
  1. Surveys are good, but after doing several thousand, they tend to get repetitive... Even the surveys which include games of some sort. Batches tend to have more variety and can sometimes pay better if you are able to do them quickly.
  2. By Turking, you will learn all sorts of interesting stuff about yourself, such as the answer to the question "How much work am I willing to do for $0.10?" ( Answer: After gaining some more experience, the answer should be no more than 30 seconds, and when you're really experienced, 10 seconds)
  3. Yes! You'll find that the biggest challenge in making more money is trying to out-compete other workers at simply acquiring HITs. At any given point in time there are 100's to 1000's of other workers trying to grab the same HITs, so don't be surprised to see a batch of 10,000 HITs disappear in less than 20 minutes, especially if more experienced workers already know the batch of HITs gives good hourly $.
  4. DON'T DO p9r HITs. They randomly reject for no reason.
  5. 1,000 and 10,000 HITs completed milestones do unlock a few more HITs and batches, but the difference is going to be pretty disappointing. What's far more important is to learn which requesters are good and which batches are good, and how to improve/maximize your hourly income with the HITs that you have available to you.
  6. If you don't have MTurk Suite (MTS) installed then do this because this will enable you to instantly see other workers' reviews about HITs before you even begin work on them, and will save you from wasting time on bad or broken HITs.
  7. Best of luck! Again, feel free to ask questions either on the forum or directly to other members by clicking on their name and then selecting Start a Conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.