07/08 - Manic Monday!

Which would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minx2121

Reaction score
Worked a little tonight and didn't do too bad, good night everyone! :)

Reactions: <Gucci>

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
I dropped my phone today and now it stops charging at 8%. The fix is "buy a new phone" and your boy is broke so I'm imagining going back to the horrifying world of not having a pocket computer.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I dropped my phone today and now it stops charging at 8%. The fix is "buy a new phone" and your boy is broke so I'm imagining going back to the horrifying world of not having a pocket computer.
did you re-seat the battery (or see if the battery is bulging?) Maybe when it fell, the battery got jolted out of its connector (even if just momentarily) and needs re-seating.

If it's bulging, the battery might be bad after the drop.

Reactions: jklmnop and <Gucci>

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well i took a big chunk of time out of the afternoon with the truck stuff, and i ended up mowing right before the sun went down because its supposed to start raining again.

PE $57.18
Was hoping for more to work on this evening, but it just wasn't there. At least tomorrow i don't have anything else to do and i can focus on working.

redtokyoboxers

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
did you re-seat the battery (or see if the battery is bulging?) Maybe when it fell, the battery got jolted out of its connector (even if just momentarily) and needs re-seating.

If it's bulging, the battery might be bad after the drop.
Non-removable battery. I mean technically it is via removing the screen and a dozen Torx screws.

I ran ampere and the battery is registering as cold so I know what's gone wrong. Just a giant pain to fix with this phone.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Non-removable battery. I mean technically it is via removing the screen and a dozen Torx screws.

I ran ampere and the battery is registering as cold so I know what's gone wrong. Just a giant pain to fix with this phone.
silly me assuming it's an android phone. :wink: I just use my pry-er to pry off the back panel to get to the battery/sim card.

You have an iphone? I have a fancy toolkit because I love to fix stuff, but I've never owned an apple product other than the ipod touch so I haven't gotten to use the apple toolbits in my toolkit before.

redtokyoboxers

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
silly me assuming it's an android phone. :wink: I just use my pry-er to pry off the back panel to get to the battery/sim card.

You have an iphone? I have a fancy toolkit because I love to fix stuff, but I've never owned an apple product other than the ipod touch so I haven't gotten to use the apple toolbits in my toolkit before.
It is an Android.

But an obnoxious one.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
thanks for the education (i.e. not all android phones have an easy to pry off back panel) and my condolences for it being more intricate to service (like needing a heat gun).

good to see your link to one of my favorite websites (ifixit). What they call a "spudger" is what I call a pry tool. Other than screwdriver bits, the pry tool is my fixing workhorse.

Reactions: redtokyoboxers

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
If you're charging via USB, maybe try a cheap wireless charger before giving up on it. I resurrected a phone that fell into water that way.
I also wonder if a reboot/reset might fix things if the phone's charging logic is messed up and needs a refresh in order to control the charging of the battery to full charge again.

Reactions: redtokyoboxers
Status
Not open for further replies.