Have you seen Pulp Fiction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Speaking of Time Cop, I once saw a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, forget the name, that started with the bad guys literally stealing one of his kidneys out of his body, which was extra unfortunate, because he needed to donate it to some kid and he was the only donor match.

After he beat all the bad guys to get his kidney back, he came to discover that they had already put the kidney inside of another kid. He then somehow donated his second kidney to save the first kid and then just fell over dead in the hospital.

True story (that this is a movie).
I wish I had a Van Damme story, but since I don't, I do have a second-hand Richard Grieco story. A couple of film student friends of mine told me this story when I was in college: They were on the freeway in L.A. and one of them noticed Grieco driving a sports car in the lane over. I guess they were trying to be funny or something so the one driving started blowing the horn and waving at Grieco and calling out to him. They said he finally looked over, winked, and gave them a thumbs-up sign. At least he has a sense of humor, I guess.

Last edited:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I had a Van Damme story, but since I don't, I do have a second-hand Richard Grieco story. A couple of film student friends of mine told me this story when I was in college: They were on the freeway in L.A. and one of them noticed Grieco driving a sports car in the lane over. I guess they were trying to be funny or something so the one driving starting blowing the horn and waving at Grieco and calling out to him. They said he finally looked over, winked, and gave them a thumbs-up sign. At least he has a sense of humor, I guess.
it went down like this:

Reactions: TotalBabe

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Speaking of Time Cop, I once saw a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, forget the name, that started with the bad guys literally stealing one of his kidneys out of his body, which was extra unfortunate, because he needed to donate it to some kid and he was the only donor match.

After he beat all the bad guys to get his kidney back, he came to discover that they had already put the kidney inside of another kid. He then somehow donated his second kidney to save the first kid and then just fell over dead in the hospital.

True story (that this is a movie).
Its called Pound of flesh.. was a pretty good movie, he was gonna donate it to his niece.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCI and Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Goodnight and good luck making lots of $$ everyone - I did quite well this evening, could have done more but that 2 dollar Hurricane hit sucked the life out of me, lol, and I haven't been motivated since! That was definitely high on my list of worse hits ever!

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Goodnight and good luck making lots of $$ everyone - I did quite well this evening, could have done more but that 2 dollar Hurricane hit sucked the life out of me, lol, and I haven't been motivated since! That was definitely high on my list of worse hits ever!
Bon weekend!

PE groceries, chores, and pocket change. At the end of the week, that's enough for me.

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read articles and rate social norms (30 mins). Accept
Requester: MU Social Action Lab [A1V5CSLF3UKNIQ] Contact
TV: $18.79/hr TO: 4.15 TO2: n/a
Reward: $4.00
Duration: an hour
Available: 50
Description: In this study, you will be presented with a series of statements about social norms and asked to evaluate them. Prior to evaluating these statements, you may be asked to read a few short paragraphs or statements.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

HelloHello

Reaction score
Just finished watching 'The Day After' 1983 with Jason Robards . . . very disturbing (full movie available on youTube free)

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Just finished watching 'The Day After' 1983 with Jason Robards . . . very disturbing (full movie available on youTube free)
They made us watch that in school. Nothing like instilling the fear of nuclear holocaust before recess.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
uhg this Jun Lee qual the highest I seem to be able to get is 58 and i need 65 grrr. pain in the butt..

This was the email I got from them earlier when I told them that the test was broken and the timer was too short. LOL
Dear Kristina Greer,

Thank you for applying this task.!
I understand the test time is very tight because of instruction, but you can solve questions quickly (it is very easy).
Moreover, the qualification test was designed by adding and deducting point system
So If you give some wrong answer, the point will be deducted. However, If you give a right answer in terms of multiple choices, your can get a bonus point.
In addition, you can apply the qualification test every 10min; so if you get the reject from the test, please apply after 10min.

Best regards,
Jun Lee

HelloHello

Reaction score
Lucy you. We were told to ''Duck and Cover''. Crawl under your desk and put your hands over your head. No lie. That's gonna be so effective.
Lived on a SAC base as a child. Duck and cover was only when you were in the 'civilian' world and had nothing better. Anyway, you might be amazed at how much a simple physical obstacle can protect you initially - the dirt piled up over the windows, for example, is very effective.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Lucy you. We were told to ''Duck and Cover''. Crawl under your desk and put your hands over your head. No lie. That's gonna be so effective.
We had drills where we did this. That’ll teach them commies!

Reactions: alk69

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
We had siren drills in school here, but I can't for the life of me remember what the sirens were for.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
See, what was supposed to happen was that someone says 'it's great, how are you.' so I could say

'just fantastic, my editor sent my book back to me so I am one step closer to hitting publish.'
:party:

May the coherence be high and the edits be few

• Love
Reactions: savvy and Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.