07/26 - Timid Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Isnt there someone on here who has been turking since the early 2000s? I was having a conversation with someone and they stated no one has been turking since the early 2000s.. Could of sworn someone say they started like 2005 or something
2009-ish here? I've only got quals/bonuses dating back to 2011, though. šŸ™ƒ

alk69

Reaction score
This is about what did too. I must have signed up a year or so before I actually started trying to earn on there. By 2010 I was actively trying to learn this. I joined all the forums, many of which are gone now--several rightly so. Remember Turker Nation, Cloud Me Baby, and so on? I attended the forums in an effort to learn, not just turking, but how to use a computer, too. A real steep learning curve. All down hill.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Istarted in summer or fall of 2005. A lot of Amazon hits, color categorization of clothing,that sort of thing, a lot of batch hits, lots of copywriting,lots of sleazy affiliate offers thinly disguised as "surveys"

Reactions: Blakkat

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
My lens surgeon, who is gonna rebuild the middle of my eye needs to have my retinal surgeon there to help clear out the gunk. Luckily the retina guy is my regular eye doc since I started having these problems. So they need to coordinate their surgery schedules before I can a surgery date.Hopefully I'll find out the date tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: JanetW and jan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Istarted in summer or fall of 2005. A lot of Amazon hits, color categorization of clothing,that sort of thing, a lot of batch hits, lots of copywriting,lots of sleazy affiliate offers thinly disguised as "surveys"
I investigated turking back when they first rolled out, but I was heavily into Amazon, Linkshare, and other affiliate programs at the time and just didn't feel like it would be worth my time. Now, I wish that I had at least signed on - I would probably have the Masters qual since they gave it out fairly freely then....

Reactions: JanetW

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is about what did too. I must have signed up a year or so before I actually started trying to earn on there. By 2010 I was actively trying to learn this. I joined all the forums, many of which are gone now--several rightly so. Remember Turker Nation, Cloud Me Baby, and so on? I attended the forums in an effort to learn, not just turking, but how to use a computer, too. A real steep learning curve. All down hill.
Turkernation is still around; I believe they're mostly Slack based now.

Reactions: alk69 and Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Qualification - Hate Speech Annotation and Interview Task (WARNING: HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion advised.) | PANDA
Requester: Crowd Research ADMS [AYZ3T2JBQUKCA]
TurkerView: [ $11.69 / hour ]
Description: Only complete this HIT if you can commit to a 45-minute interview. This is a qualification for a HIT that requires you to work on one of our hate speech annotation tasks while taking part in an interview with a researcher.
Duration: 15 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • hate-speech-scheduled DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • hate-speech-twitter DoesNotExist
  • Location EqualTo US
  • Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[30P8A0FV0BMASDLKE26X2QWC3WYKRR]

JDWFM

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Choice and Risk for work related to 309D674SI8X1LYY41O2RAPL3CQ0BCT.
The value of your bonus is: $8.00 USD

Nice! On a $1.50 HIT that took about 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.