• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Okay, so there's no alliteration...

I made a couple of these threads I believe two years ago and they went over quite well, so I wanted to give it another shot. If it has a decent reaction, I could do some regularly.

Basically, I know how tough mturk can be, both mentally and physically. We're sitting at our computer desks or in our beds or on the go trying to scrape pennies that don't insult us. For me, I've lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle because of mturk, but one where I hope to rectify after I get back on top of my finances.

Mentally, it's hard too. We have the forums and whatnot and maybe private chat groups and that is all well and good, but some of us (at least for me) live a life mostly in solitude. Now, in my instance, I've gotten a little better at that, but by and large I spend more hours than not at my computer waiting for the next big batch or the next survey that doesn't insult my intelligence when it comes to its hourly.

I've seen it around the forums. Both of them. Some of us have anxiety, depression, OCD, bipolar, all the flavors of the rainbow under this umbrella that is mental health.

So here is my purpose for calling dibs and starting today off right.

Do me a favor, or two:

1) IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE, share your experience with mental health.

I'm sure the mods have my back when it comes to any stigmatizing or bullying, and I really want this to be a safe space. The beautiful thing about the internet is that there is that extra layer (or even layers) of anonymity. Even if there isn't a face to the name, it can probably be very cathartic just to say this is what I deal with and how I cope or combat it. You can go into whatever detail you feel necessary. It's a really cliche saying, but this is one way to help us realize that we aren't alone, at least when it comes to overcoming this kind of adversity. Share a quote, post a vid, what inspires you? Just a few examples. What are you working on to help cope with it? What has worked and what hasn't? What motivates you to get better? Be kind to yourself, as hard as that may be sometimes.

2) Do something nice for yourself today, and share what you did if you feel comfortable.

I get it. Money can be very tight. But this isn't even about money. Here are some examples. You want to spend a few more minutes in the shower this morning? Do it. You want to sleep in an extra 30 minutes and can be within your means to do so? Do it. Stretch. Just be outside on the patio and take in the surroundings. Write some things down you are grateful for. Tell someone on here that you appreciate them. Do something nice for yourself, and pay it forward if you wish. Give yourself permission to do something nice for yourself.

As for me...

I've had OCD for all of my adult life. I have a lot of flavors of this disorder. I won't get too specific because I don't want to trigger anyone, but these obsessive/intrusive thoughts provide my days with a lot of anxiety, and some days it's very hard for me to concentrate on anything else. I'd like to think I'm better than I was a few years ago, and I really do know what to do in order to really maximize my happiness, I just need to put the pieces together. I probably have mild depression, but that's more of a guess than anything else.

Let's kick ass today.

jan

Reaction score
Title: User Test, Requires Mic, Windows or Mac, 5808714c | Accept
Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.94] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.35] [Fast=3.88] [Comm=3.63] [Fair=4.12] [Reviews=171] [ToS=25]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters! Microphone required.
Qualifications: Study Group Exclusion - 4172a067-d433-48f8-80ba-b702d8f95e5f DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

jan

Reaction score
Title: Short survey on social issues (~1.8 mins) | Accept
Requester: Positly [A20SRJ4UG9W0H0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.43] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.73] [Fast=3.77] [Comm=3.08] [Fair=3.75] [Reviews=41] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.23
Duration: 8:24
Available: 3
Description: You will answer some simple questions
Qualifications: ac44cee3752637a19256a38b4120cf390869db06 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 18; 35960ae4ffbb3dd365733c0db5d65a7b8b04b079 DoesNotExist ; 80412233201bcb15666b2ac446860a99b1c3bf42 DoesNotExist ; 799ea5dfa364efa477b02b12fce61a3b19f7f6eb DoesNotExist ; 646040cc7282ed924fa2f46e6803f1e85f532bc0 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location EqualTo US; ab5c70a2a750f5b115e550db4b754b92dfd32213 DoesNotExist

Reactions: JanetW

alk69

Reaction score
This thing just panda'ed me awake--at not 6AM. Oddly set up, but easy and fairly quick. Been trying to acquire it for awhile. Hasn't paid yet. A goodie to catch...can I go back to sleep now?
Title: Complete two tasks about numbers. | PANDA
Requester: Sang Ho Lee [A3R8YZG3R0518G] (Req TV): $16.66/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
In the tasks you will estimate and respond to the number of dots on the screen.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

Last edited:
Reactions: LucyO and jan

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Okay, so there's no alliteration...

I made a couple of these threads I believe two years ago and they went over quite well, so I wanted to give it another shot. If it has a decent reaction, I could do some regularly.

Basically, I know how tough mturk can be, both mentally and physically. We're sitting at our computer desks or in our beds or on the go trying to scrape pennies that don't insult us. For me, I've lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle because of mturk, but one where I hope to rectify after I get back on top of my finances.

Mentally, it's hard too. We have the forums and whatnot and maybe private chat groups and that is all well and good, but some of us (at least for me) live a life mostly in solitude. Now, in my instance, I've gotten a little better at that, but by and large I spend more hours than not at my computer waiting for the next big batch or the next survey that doesn't insult my intelligence when it comes to its hourly.

I've seen it around the forums. Both of them. Some of us have anxiety, depression, OCD, bipolar, all the flavors of the rainbow under this umbrella that is mental health.

So here is my purpose for calling dibs and starting today off right.

Do me a favor, or two:

1) IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE, share your experience with mental health.

I'm sure the mods have my back when it comes to any stigmatizing or bullying, and I really want this to be a safe space. The beautiful thing about the internet is that there is that extra layer (or even layers) of anonymity. Even if there isn't a face to the name, it can probably be very cathartic just to say this is what I deal with and how I cope or combat it. You can go into whatever detail you feel necessary. It's a really cliche saying, but this is one way to help us realize that we aren't alone, at least when it comes to overcoming this kind of adversity. Share a quote, post a vid, what inspires you? Just a few examples. What are you working on to help cope with it? What has worked and what hasn't? What motivates you to get better? Be kind to yourself, as hard as that may be sometimes.

2) Do something nice for yourself today, and share what you did if you feel comfortable.

I get it. Money can be very tight. But this isn't even about money. Here are some examples. You want to spend a few more minutes in the shower this morning? Do it. You want to sleep in an extra 30 minutes and can be within your means to do so? Do it. Stretch. Just be outside on the patio and take in the surroundings. Write some things down you are grateful for. Tell someone on here that you appreciate them. Do something nice for yourself, and pay it forward if you wish. Give yourself permission to do something nice for yourself.

As for me...

I've had OCD for all of my adult life. I have a lot of flavors of this disorder. I won't get too specific because I don't want to trigger anyone, but these obsessive/intrusive thoughts provide my days with a lot of anxiety, and some days it's very hard for me to concentrate on anything else. I'd like to think I'm better than I was a few years ago, and I really do know what to do in order to really maximize my happiness, I just need to put the pieces together. I probably have mild depression, but that's more of a guess than anything else.

Let's kick ass today.

That's wonderful! Good morning all.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Find the Dots in Dialogue! • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/39UNKKTVDF9YSRRVIXA7D7SDEOXYG4/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/39UNKKTVDF9YSRRVIXA7D7SDEOXYG4/tasks/accept_random
Requester: Akiko Aizawa • https://worker.mturk.com/requestersA1BF830LCABGB5/projects
TV: $23.44/hr • https://turkerview.com/requesters/A1BF830LCABGB5
TO: n/a • https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A1BF830LCABGB5
TO2: n/a • https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A1BF830LCABGB5
Reward: $0.35
Duration: 15 minutes
Available: 30
Description: Your goal is to identify the dots in a given dialogue. Once you learn to do it, it's fun and simple! This is a medium length one (including less than 14 markables)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: scrmcasey

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Interactive verification of words | PANDA
Requester: Aidan Fray [A3G3K9LZDXGREW]
TurkerView: [ $19.13 / hour ]
Description: Written words require comparison to spoken words. The connection should be accepted if they match, declined if they don't.
Duration: 39 Min
Reward: $0.90
Qualifications:
  • Trustwords DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
[348YRR1X12Z2OPRMY0T2IGXVNH3Z07]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Personality Survey(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Lucas Keller [A2WHEQG4ZG89RB]
TurkerView: [ $12.57 / hour ]
Description: In this study, you will be given a set of nine questionnaires and answering those will take about 15 minutes of your time. You will receive $2.00 for your participation.
Duration: 90 Min
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [159056232-162973] DoesNotExist
  • SurveyGroup [2633] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3AG2YDBQIU0OJW8NM0TOMO5IRCTXH7]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Customer survey | PANDA
Requester: Marit Engeset [A1TTVN0H48GW57]
TurkerView: [ $19.13 / hour ]
Description: Give us your opinion about self design products
Duration: 60 Min
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • US High School Graduate EqualTo 1
  • Masters Exists
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[3L952VOSJCN8ETKANMRLGJML2BI8YP]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about mood and perceptual changes | PANDA
Requester: Colin J. Carey [A2CS6XY86P5UOG]
TurkerView: [ $12.00 / hour ]
Description: Research conducted by Colin J. Carey, M.A., under the supervision of Veronica B. Perez, Ph.D. through Alliant International University. The study is about the prevalence of different experiences in the general public, such as mood and perceptual changes.
Duration: 30 Min
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Location EqualTo US
[3DECMKXKT9WE8DNLU4YH4YGG595BMJ]

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Food Evaluation ($0.30)(~ 3 minutes) • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3Z44DFV2WVQA16FDM71XONP7JECL7Q/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/3Z44DFV2WVQA16FDM71XONP7JECL7Q/tasks/accept_random
Requester: Yan Huang • https://worker.mturk.com/requestersAXIX2QQH7XF3L/projects
TV: $14.00/hr • https://turkerview.com/requesters/AXIX2QQH7XF3L
TO: n/a • https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/AXIX2QQH7XF3L
TO2: n/a • https://turkopticon.info/requesters/AXIX2QQH7XF3L
Reward: $0.30
Duration: an hour
Available: 19
Description: We would like you to evaluate some food options
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [2188] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [254738109-163201] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.