08/07 - Misanthropic Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freekshow420

Reaction score
just got an email

Hello,

The European Union (EU) has implemented the DAC7 Directive (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dir/2021/514/oj) that requires us to collect additional information such as Tax Identification Numbers (TINs), permanent establishments, from Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Workers’ to report financial transactions, fees, disbursements and banking details along with due diligence data to the relevant EU tax authorities.

We are requesting MTurk Workers from the following countries to log into MTurk and complete a tax interview at this link (https://worker.mturk.com/account/taxinterview2) no later than Sep 30, 2023. If we do not have your tax information by Sep 30, 2023, you may be ineligible to continue to use your Mturk Worker account, which could also result in withheld payments. If you have already taken this interview, you do not need to take it again.

Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America

If your country is not on the list above, no action item is required from you at the moment.

Please see below for Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know by reaching out to our customer service team (mturk.com/contact-us).

Thank you,

Amazon Mechanical Turk Team
Mturk.com/contact-us

FAQ’s

Q: Who needs to complete this survey?
A: Workers on Amazon Mechanical Turk who are from the countries listed in the email body above.

Q: Does this apply to me as someone outside of the EU?
A: Yes, you’re subject to the Dac 7 requirements as a worker on MTurk, because MTurk performs commercial activities in the EU.

Q: I have already taken the tax interview, do I have to take it again?
A: If you have already taken the interview and has a “Valid” status, you do not need to take the interview again.

Q: What does the process look like?
A: You will proceed to a form that requests certain information that we require to collect.

Q: How long does the process take?
A: It should require no more than 5 to 10 minutes.

Q: What if I accidentally enter something incorrect?
A: At the conclusion of the survey you can click an option to retake the survey. If you have closed the survey window, you can click the link again and you will see the option to retake.

Q: What happens if my information subject to verification cannot be verified?
A: If your information is correct you should receive verification. If you submitted your information incorrectly, you can retake the survey.

Q: My country isn’t included in the available countries drop-down during the tax interview questionnaire.
A: We’re working internally to ensure all countries are included. You will receive communication from us once your country has been added. You will not lose access to Mechanical Turk in the meantime.

Q: What happens if an error occurs during the survey?
A: Please try accessing the tax interview at a later time. If the issue persists, please reach out to our Customer Support team at mturk.com/contact-us (http://mturk.com/contact-us) with a screenshot and details of the error (with any personally identifiable information from the survey removed)

Reactions: jan and HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
just got an email

Hello,

The European Union (EU) has implemented the DAC7 Directive (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dir/2021/514/oj) that requires us to collect additional information such as Tax Identification Numbers (TINs), permanent establishments, from Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Workers’ to report financial transactions, fees, disbursements and banking details along with due diligence data to the relevant EU tax authorities.

We are requesting MTurk Workers from the following countries to log into MTurk and complete a tax interview at this link (https://worker.mturk.com/account/taxinterview2) no later than Sep 30, 2023. If we do not have your tax information by Sep 30, 2023, you may be ineligible to continue to use your Mturk Worker account, which could also result in withheld payments. If you have already taken this interview, you do not need to take it again.

Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America

If your country is not on the list above, no action item is required from you at the moment.

Please see below for Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know by reaching out to our customer service team (mturk.com/contact-us).

Thank you,

Amazon Mechanical Turk Team
Mturk.com/contact-us

FAQ’s

Q: Who needs to complete this survey?
A: Workers on Amazon Mechanical Turk who are from the countries listed in the email body above.

Q: Does this apply to me as someone outside of the EU?
A: Yes, you’re subject to the Dac 7 requirements as a worker on MTurk, because MTurk performs commercial activities in the EU.

Q: I have already taken the tax interview, do I have to take it again?
A: If you have already taken the interview and has a “Valid” status, you do not need to take the interview again.

Q: What does the process look like?
A: You will proceed to a form that requests certain information that we require to collect.

Q: How long does the process take?
A: It should require no more than 5 to 10 minutes.

Q: What if I accidentally enter something incorrect?
A: At the conclusion of the survey you can click an option to retake the survey. If you have closed the survey window, you can click the link again and you will see the option to retake.

Q: What happens if my information subject to verification cannot be verified?
A: If your information is correct you should receive verification. If you submitted your information incorrectly, you can retake the survey.

Q: My country isn’t included in the available countries drop-down during the tax interview questionnaire.
A: We’re working internally to ensure all countries are included. You will receive communication from us once your country has been added. You will not lose access to Mechanical Turk in the meantime.

Q: What happens if an error occurs during the survey?
A: Please try accessing the tax interview at a later time. If the issue persists, please reach out to our Customer Support team at mturk.com/contact-us (http://mturk.com/contact-us) with a screenshot and details of the error (with any personally identifiable information from the survey removed)
Me Too

LumosDC

Reaction score
Your bonus payment
A researcher has sent you a bonus payment for your response to their study.

Bonus earned:
£1.53

Study:
FINAL PART of short survey on attitudes with a $2 bonus at the end

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Study(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: CAIDe Lab [A1BLK7ESD41RLT]
TurkerView: [ $18.66 / hour ]
Description: This is a survey that involves making judgments and decisions. These tasks will take around 15 minutes.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 47
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications:
  • Inc: [19-425116] Exists
  • Exc: [425705-425116] DoesNotExist
  • Location In US
[3TCGLRK80K9BICD34LKIISQTUAHQZ3]

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Study(~ 15 minutes)Accept
Requester: CAIDe Lab [A1BLK7ESD41RLT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.66][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=5.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=12][ToS=0]
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 47
Description: This is a survey that involves making judgments and decisions. These tasks will take around 15 minutes.
Qualifications: Inc: [19-425116] Exists ; Exc: [425705-425116] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic(~ 15 minutes)Accept
Requester: Kimberly Kahn [A3J9AIMBKDE100] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.71][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=5.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=16][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 02:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This survey includes questions about you, your COVID mask wearing behaviors, and opinions on other social groups. There is also a categorization task at the end.
Qualifications: rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [121376804-414104] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

HelloHello

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Jonathan for work related to 3Q2T3FD0ON8UF67YJBTVLZJ9FMYM36.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Reactions: Tturkrr and Blakkat

Jesumyn

Reaction score
I saw someone post about swagbucks earlier and I'd honestly forgotten about it's existence so I'm looking around at it again. Have any of you done the install games and completed any of it? Wondering if it's worth it in my down time to play a game and earn some swag.

Reactions: jan and HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
I saw someone post about swagbucks earlier and I'd honestly forgotten about it's existence so I'm looking around at it again. Have any of you done the install games and completed any of it? Wondering if it's worth it in my down time to play a game and earn some swag.
I've done a few - Right now I am doing Alice's Mergeland and I've heard MatchTile is worthwhile. I did Merge Gardens but it was a grind.

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.