08/27 - Fearsome Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumius

Reaction score
Can we do multiples of these?
Nope. Only 1 per day. You can do one from each group though.

They release a large amount of versions so that different people get different orders/speeds, and gives them better data.

"Thank you for working on our HITs! Unfortunately, all of the remaining HITs in this project have been reserved for other workers, and there are none left for you to do. Please check again tomorrow for more HITs to be available. (You must click the "Return HIT" button now to return this HIT.)"

Whoever wrote the code for that just had issues. In preview, it may show that it doesn't work, but I did this set and the ones last night just fine in Chrome. Data loads after you accept, similar to *a few* Noah Turks.

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Recruitment task for understanding an AI agent | PANDA
Requester: Interpretability Lab [A1I5DW8MHEWW1B]
TurkerView: [ $16.42 / hour ]
Description: This is a recruitment task for study that investigates how well people understand an Artificial Intelligence (AI) system
Duration: 15 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Workers with experience DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500
  • Workers selected for study DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
[36FZIVTFXG3JTU5MQTMERA2TLQKP66]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Juror Perceptions of Evidence (~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Researcher, Applied Social Cog Lab [A3LV35MS0R6LHW]
TurkerView: [ $4.81 / hour ]
Description: Complete a 10-15 minute study. This study involves reading a case description and making judgements on the eyewitness evidence.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 2
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [2035346845-314903] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[38FT9G80DL9VKANTR9KR6F3D7IPLHC]

Reactions: Willie_Cat

chessgame44

Reaction score
I have no idea what you guys are doing to make money. I haven't done this in like 4 years, but I was making like $40 a day back then while working my day job as well. Now I've made $3, and I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I guess it's that CR research qualification or Masters. I qualified for that Minecraft building thing, but they give you 1 minute to do the task and it's pretty much impossible. There's a $0.07 "rate the sentiment" thing that you can do, but it says you can only do three hundred of them from each batch, and I think I've already hit that number. Aside from that I just wait on Hit Forker, or hope a panda hits. In the meantime I try to take all the quals that mew puts out, and I hope every day when I wake up I have the CR research qualification. I'm not sure what I'm not doing, or if there's something I could be doing differently.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Venture Capital Competition Study(~ 13 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Adam's Collaborators [A3U41OFORZCO1G]
TurkerView: [ $13.19 / hour ]
Description: In this study, we ask you to read a scenario and answer open-ended questions.
Duration: 50 Min
Available: 21
Reward: $1.80
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [722748557-315668] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97
  • Location In US
[3DNUJHYFTQVEVKJ2Q770MIQMEI72P1]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: David Lee [A3H2BW7VQNDQR2]
TurkerView: [ $10.18 / hour ]
Description: This is a psychology survey that will ask you to answer some questions about yourself.
Duration: 45 Min
Available: 16
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [-2142986620-315674] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[39OF0ZKO6Q65QZNYZKAT4KU85D5MD5]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Retail Survey about Lawn %26 Garden Products and Chemicals | PANDA
Requester: Goat Consulting [A3IBPPU085QLYJ]
TurkerView: [ $11.33 / hour ]
Description: This survey provides questions regarding homeowners and the pests/insects they encounter. We require that workers be homeowners preferably with a lawn or garden.
Duration: 60 Min
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[3MX1CQXD15Y5PZZJUYHRNF8PEAWDW1]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Ethical leadership and employees' response to workplace interpersonal mistreatment | PANDA
Requester: UIUC LER OHP LAB [A2GLU0VZRYB01U]
TurkerView: [ $14.68 / hour ]
Description: Please consider participating in our online survey study. We are trying to better understand how leadership influence on people’s response to workplace interpersonal mistreatment.
Duration: 120 Min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000
  • Location EqualTo US
[3O73QR1UZ9IO6T68VF2A3BHXXA294R]

PandaThief

Reaction score
I have no idea what you guys are doing to make money. I haven't done this in like 4 years, but I was making like $40 a day back then while working my day job as well. Now I've made $3, and I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I guess it's that CR research qualification or Masters. I qualified for that Minecraft building thing, but they give you 1 minute to do the task and it's pretty much impossible. There's a $0.07 "rate the sentiment" thing that you can do, but it says you can only do three hundred of them from each batch, and I think I've already hit that number. Aside from that I just wait on Hit Forker, or hope a panda hits. In the meantime I try to take all the quals that mew puts out, and I hope every day when I wake up I have the CR research qualification. I'm not sure what I'm not doing, or if there's something I could be doing differently.
There actually isn't any secret sauce it's mostly quals and more quals. I've had my quals since 15-16 and the req made it clear it will never be reopened . I catch a few high paying surveys ( having your settings on PC must be efficient to catch anything these days} here and there but mostly batches and closed quals which has always been the bread and butter of mturk. Being away for that long you have missed out on a lot of good quals. You probably will have to work your way up again to even have a decent day anymore on here.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: The Word Meaning ProjectAccept
Requester: Jeff Binder [A29TKHVWA0ETIL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.57][Pay=Fair][Approval=3-7 days][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $1.40
Duration: 02:00:00
Description: In this survey you will be given a word and answer a series of questions about its meaning.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: JanetW

Lumius

Reaction score
There actually isn't any secret sauce it's mostly quals and more quals. I've had my quals since 15-16 and the req made it clear it will never be reopened . I catch a few high paying surveys ( having your settings on PC must be efficient to catch anything these days} here and there but mostly batches and closed quals which has always been the bread and butter of mturk. Being away for that long you have missed out on a lot of good quals. You probably will have to work your way up again to even have a decent day anymore on here.
This, 100%. And some requesters decay in quality when they realize they can pay less. str11223344 is a great example. They have loads of hits, used to pay $17-18/hr. Now they're lazy, broken, unresponsive on some hits, great on others. Very HIT or miss. Batches are just about consistency, and their quals are gained by being on every day, most days of the week. Everyone has addons and scripts, so if you don't have any, you're at a huge disadvantage. Tuning the settings is important. Just keep at it, and you'll eventually find one you like.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participate in an academic study and receive $0.50Accept
Requester: Christilene du Plessis [A3TP9STR90YQLZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.65][Pay=Good][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.80][Fast=5.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=11][ToS=0]
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 83
Description: Participate in a task that will take around 5 mins to complete
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US

chessgame44

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Some guy on Reddit claims to have randomly received the CR research qual couple of months ago. He said it was from the questions you answer that appear before some of the surveys. The ones that say “you could qualify for $10 or $15 hits if you answer these questions.”

I used to have a bunch of quals. Remember the swimming pools, and the solar panels? You remember when we had to look through some fields to see if there were buildings there? There used to be these hits that paid $0.10, and you would choose the best image. And there was a script for it so you could just press one two one two one two all the way down the line and do the whole thing in like 2 seconds. Endless amounts of them. Amazon shoe hits... there would be like a hundred thousand of them, and even if they only paid $0.01 they were so quick. Now it's like you're lucky to get anything, and I'm looking at the $0.01 hits and they have like 10 different lines of text that you have to enter in.

So I'm doing the quals, and hoping to find a good one. And maybe I'll get lucky like that guy did with the CR research qual.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Some guy on Reddit claims to have randomly received the CR research qual couple of months ago. He said it was from the questions you answer that appear before some of the surveys. The ones that say “you could qualify for $10 or $15 hits if you answer these questions.”

I used to have a bunch of quals. Remember the swimming pools, and the solar panels? You remember when we had to look through some fields to see if there were buildings there? There used to be these hits that paid $0.10, and you would choose the best image. And there was a script for it so you could just press one two one two one two all the way down the line and do the whole thing in like 2 seconds. Endless amounts of them. Amazon shoe hits... there would be like a hundred thousand of them, and even if they only paid $0.01 they were so quick. Now it's like you're lucky to get anything, and I'm looking at the $0.01 hits and they have like 10 different lines of text that you have to enter in.

So I'm doing the quals, and hoping to find a good one. And maybe I'll get lucky like that guy did with the CR research qual.
Wish you luck , keep grinding. I'm on here 300 days out of 365 out of the year, it has a lot with being on at the right time when the money or quals drop. Wish there was a secret but there's not. Tune your scripts to be as efficient as possible to catch high paying surveys and be on the lookout for quals . Nothing else

Reactions: chessgame44
Status
Not open for further replies.