09/05 - Spacey Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
ach...chrome crashed again and when I brought MTS back up, all my hits in catcher were gone again. Finder is working fine. Wish I could figure out what the issue is...this is getting annoying

• Grimacing
Reactions: jan and HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic Study on Memory (~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Yuqi Zhou [A1O8E9RLP48ZD6]
TurkerView: [ $14.34 / hour ]
Description: Compensation: no delay: $1.88 OR 2-day delay: $2.19 (for full participation of all phases of the study)
Required Time: 15 minutes
Participant Requirement: individuals of age 18 and older
Type of task: learning and studying a foreign language and English word pairs.
Testing types: recall tests
Researcher:
Yuqi Zhou
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(475) 201-7151
yuqizhou@andrew.cmu.edu
Participation is voluntary.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 8
Reward: $1.88
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [317633-317044] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 60
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3MNYFQMXPWGW73J4SQL5DOR3LLHY0O]

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Blakkat and jan

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: How people comment on news websites(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Ask Crowd [A2J1NCRXSHFBCP]
TurkerView: [ $18.57 / hour ]
Description: 20-25 minutes to complete, $5 pay.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [317564-317051] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3QNYYBA9MLLYMMA0QDQ9DKC46SPBWA]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Pattern Separation and Intrusive Memories | PANDA
Requester: Richard Bryant [AOD7YV4MP9PGY]
TurkerView: [ N/A ]
Description: You will be asked to complete 6 questionnaires (40-mins) on Redcap, download the inquisit web app and complete a computer task (12-mins), and record your intrusive memories over 4 days (max 5-mins/day)
Duration: 120 Min
Reward: $15.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
[3PBGZUBWPYT9GSFS5M5TWYBPIGXFWS]

• Thinking
Reactions: alk69

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Emotional Speech | PANDA
Requester: Voon [A1RPBXXXR4R5PW]
Description: Listen to short voice clips and recognize emotional states!
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000
  • Location EqualTo US
[345DFELIPKG9H8DU8E232ANGBUFX05]

alk69

Reaction score
Title: Pattern Separation and Intrusive Memories | PANDA
Requester: Richard Bryant [AOD7YV4MP9PGY]
Description: You will be asked to complete 6 questionnaires (40-mins) on Redcap, download the inquisit web app and complete a computer task (12-mins), and record your intrusive memories over 4 days (max 5-mins/day)
Reward: $15.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
[3PBGZUBWPYT9GSFS5M5TWYBPIGXFWS]
What do they mean by ''record''? Vocally? Or some other way?

Lumius

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the instrusive memories myself. :) Sounds painful
It's a traumatic event, the standard Redcap selection: Accident, injury, violence, death, natural occurrence, sexual assault etc. It doesn't ask you to write about it, or dwell on it, just bubbles on how you were reacting to it recently. Essentially reporting how it was still affecting you. Much less triggering than most RECALL A TIME YOU DIED AND WRITE 500 WORDS DESCRIBING IT for $.50

Without revealing the exact content, just know, that, as the HIT title says, it's more focusing on patterns/intrusiveness of the thoughts, than having you relive the event to put you in a particular mindset, as so many other requesters do.

"We're going to write down when and where you think about eating apple pie" vs. "Imagine the last time you ate apple pie; the cinnamon-y goodness of the juicy apples, the flakiness of the crust, the slice of perfectly aged cheddar or vanilla on top"

It's refreshingly less intrusive than other similar hits, and I personally found it worth doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: alk69 and Blakkat

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
It's a traumatic event, the standard Redcap selection: Accident, injury, violence, death, natural occurrence, sexual assault etc. It doesn't ask you to write about it, or dwell on it, just bubbles on how you were r

It's refreshingly less intrusive than other similar hits, and I found it worth doing.
Most of you know I was a fire lieutenant for 29 years on an engine company, some know I got hit by a van and thrown 47 feet to end my career, a few ( jan @jan, Kennedy @Kennedy?) know I have ptsd and tbi from the injuries. Which all led me to mturk and my pending PhD at Johns Hopkins and my recent surgeries. I grew up in NYC, was a medic there before I joined the FD out here in OH - my brother was a NYC on 9/11 and was missing for several hours. I was called in on 9/11 and worked it out here. Worst day I've had on the FD. then I was detailed to Ohio Task Force 1 to spend 2 weeks at ground zero searching the pile for bodies. We knew it was gonna be bad b/c they just asked for cadaver dogs, not live search dogs. Biggest thing we found in 10 days was a pinky.
I'm tired of seeing mangled body parts stuck in places they shouldn't be. I'm tired of pulling out dead kids from fires. Lemme tell ya, you pull out a burnt kid from fire, your day just goes downhill from there.
So I don't mind blood and guts and dead bodies. I do mind 9/11 reminders, dead kids, and child molestation. I still have nightmares and wake up with my shirt drenched in sweat. thankfully I have an understanding gf :) It's always hard this time of year - I lost several buddies on FDNY on 9/11. We finally went to the 9/11 memorial two years ago - I figured out where my team searched. I just broke drown and cried. My gf has pics of me kneeling by the pool in the moonlight, one of these days I may even let her publish it.

So no, I don't like to do hits that might be intrusive. They haven't been through what I have. Only brother firefighters, some big city cops, and combat vets.

Sorry for the rant - this is a bad time of year for me. But thx for listening.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Most of you know I was a fire lieutenant for 29 years on an engine company, some know I got hit by a van and thrown 47 feet to end my career, a few ( jan @jan, Kennedy @Kennedy?) know I have ptsd and tbi from the injuries. Which all led me to mturk and my pending PhD at Johns Hopkins and my recent surgeries. I grew up in NYC, was a medic there before I joined the FD out here in OH - my brother was a NYC on 9/11 and was missing for several hours. I was called in on 9/11 and worked it out here. Worst day I've had on the FD. then I was detailed to Ohio Task Force 1 to spend 2 weeks at ground zero searching the pile for bodies. We knew it was gonna be bad b/c they just asked for cadaver dogs, not live search dogs. Biggest thing we found in 10 days was a pinky.
I'm tired of seeing mangled body parts stuck in places they shouldn't be. I'm tired of pulling out dead kids from fires. Lemme tell ya, you pull out a burnt kid from fire, your day just goes downhill from there.
So I don't mind blood and guts and dead bodies. I do mind 9/11 reminders, dead kids, and child molestation. I still have nightmares and wake up with my shirt drenched in sweat. thankfully I have an understanding gf :) It's always hard this time of year - I lost several buddies on FDNY on 9/11. We finally went to the 9/11 memorial two years ago - I figured out where my team searched. I just broke drown and cried. My gf has pics of me kneeling by the pool in the moonlight, one of these days I may even let her publish it.

So no, I don't like to do hits that might be intrusive. They haven't been through what I have. Only brother firefighters, some big city cops, and combat vets.

Sorry for the rant - this is a bad time of year for me. But thx for listening.
I have no words other than I hope you can somehow find peace with your traumatic memories. I imagine this week is particularly hard for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.