Not open for further replies.

JCIII

Reaction score
I did this task 3 weeks ago:

Answer a test about statistics$ 1.00 Paid

And was rejected on this task from the same requester I did yesterday:

"Answer a test about statistics, math, and science"

For this reason:

Worker participated in previous iterations of this study despite the instructions clearly indicating not to do so.

I hate it when a requester changes the name of a task.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I did this task 3 weeks ago:

Answer a test about statistics$ 1.00 Paid

And was rejected on this task from the same requester I did yesterday:

"Answer a test about statistics, math, and science"

For this reason:

Worker participated in previous iterations of this study despite the instructions clearly indicating not to do so.

I hate it when a requester changes the name of a task.
I run most surveys thru hit-tracker to make sure I didn't do it before, but yeah, when they change up the name of the task it makes it harder. I hope you wrote requester for a reversal. I can assist with a mild curse if you want, lol

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I run most surveys thru hit-tracker to make sure I didn't do it before, but yeah, when they change up the name of the task it makes it harder. I hope you wrote requester for a reversal. I can assist with a mild curse if you want, lol
they have so many ways to prevent retakes, its really annoying that they let workers stumble into mistakes like this.

alk69

Reaction score
they have so many ways to prevent retakes, its really annoying that they let workers stumble into mistakes like this.
Actually if they change the title of the HIT and don't provide an exclusion qual to prevent retakes(of something you can't know you've already done), then the mistake is theirs and not yours. The only other way for them to be certain you won'r repeat is to check your ID at the door or simply tell everyone that they can only do one from this requester...My very first rejection was from a guy who changed his name and then accused me of doing the HIT twice. I called him on it and got a reversal. ...The big problem here is that many (beginner) requesters really don't realize just how many similar surveys we do. Surveys that use the exact banks of questions. Frequently laid out in the same patterns and focused on the same subjects.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually if they change the title of the HIT and don't provide an exclusion qual to prevent retakes(of something you can't know you've already done), then the mistake is theirs and not yours. The only other way for them to be certain you won'r repeat is to check your ID at the door or simply tell everyone that they can only do one from this requester...My very first rejection was from a guy who changed his name and then accused me of doing the HIT twice. I called him on it and got a reversal. ...The big problem here is that many (beginner) requesters really don't realize just how many similar surveys we do. Surveys that use the exact banks of questions. Frequently laid out in the same patterns and focused on the same subjects.
I totally agree. they can assign an exclusion qual. they can check workerids etc.
and to complicate it, many requesters make tweaks to their studies and rerun them to investigate different findings, but want those different versions to be taken again (which can be really confusing if you are trying to figure out on your own if you are potentially doing something again that you shouldn't or if you are just doing a slightly different version that the requester wants you to do).
They should just run a simple precheck and not leave it up to workers to have to worry about...

alk69

Reaction score
I totally agree. they can assign an exclusion qual. they can check workerids etc.
and to complicate it, many requesters make tweaks to their studies and rerun them to investigate different findings, but want those different versions to be taken again (which can be really confusing if you are trying to figure out on your own if you are potentially doing something again that you shouldn't or if you are just doing a slightly different version that the requester wants you to do).
They should just run a simple precheck and not leave it up to workers to have to worry about...
I agree. I started to bring up the specter of multiples by the same requester, but figured I had already over-stayed my time on run on sentence rants.... Usually requesters who repost such HITs will tell you what they want you to do. By numbering the HITs, or adding a pre-survey request to do again. It's the silent ones who expect worker mind reading who are the problem.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Wished there was a precheck, they have the means to do that, and it would make it easier and less wasted time for all. I returned a survey yesterday because it looked entirely too familiar to me. Hours later, I get an email from same requester saying they just posted a hit I qualify for. Now I can't do it because I returned it. Shot off email, fingers crossed because it involves a bonus.

On a more positive note, I got my compensation hit paid today, and requester thanked me for instructions.

Last edited:

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
I'm not just posting this to brag lol, but this morning when I got to the end of the hit I posted on here it said that I did not qualify for the .30 bonus and I felt like I must have somehow goofed up. I usually get some amount from this requester.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from AQUX for work related to 33K3E8REX0YVTYMU0CYT3QT2EVB8X9.
The value of your bonus is: $0.30 USD

The Requester included this note:
Great job, you got 100% responses correct!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
Wished there was a precheck, they have the means to do that, and it would make it easier and less wasted time for all. I returned a survey yesterday because it looked entirely too familiar to me. Hours later, I get an email from same requester saying they just posted a hit I qualify for. Now I can't do it because I returned it. Shot off email, fingers crossed because it involves a bonus.
Then there's Matthew. Posts the same hit for different small amounts. Rejected me when I took it a second time after 3 weeks. We are supposed to remember all of the hits we have done for several years. Or get rejected. I think a check could be built in by Jeff's people!

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Well now it's time for my favorite part of a Friday night - tall White Russian and DOOL. Unfortunately, I am having somewhat of a version of a A @alk69 dinner menu. Cans, packages, and dried onions added. I can only dream of a Rib eye steak, medium rare, baked potato with sour cream and bearnaise sauce. And maybe brussel sprouts or asparagus. Thanks, Covid, for ruining my meal planning.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm not just posting this to brag lol, but this morning when I got to the end of the hit I posted on here it said that I did not qualify for the .30 bonus and I felt like I must have somehow goofed up. I usually get some amount from this requester.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from AQUX for work related to 33K3E8REX0YVTYMU0CYT3QT2EVB8X9.
The value of your bonus is: $0.30 USD
if you've done several of their hits, it might have been from a hit that you actually got a bonus from rather than the one you were informed you earned no bonus.

i received about 3 bonuses from them yesterday or the day before for recent tasks.

Reactions: JanetW
Status
Not open for further replies.