09/17 - Friendly Birthday Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Emergence of Trust Clusters in Human-Robot Teams operating under Resource Constraints Accept
Requester: UML STRONG [AM78P2TBJP0VU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.69][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $4.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Your time in this experiment might range from about 15 minutes to about an hour depending on your speed and the conditions you are randomly assigned to participate in. You will be asked to either play a game with a robot or watch videos of a game.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Blakkat

ronclark03

Reaction score
Be careful of The Kirt Team. I have done many of his HITs and been approved but had 2 rejected without explanation.

• Sad
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

PandaThief

Reaction score
Be careful of The Kirt Team. I have done many of his HITs and been approved but had 2 rejected without explanation.
Why would you work for them ? There are reports of blocks and rejections, you don't want too many blocks on your account bec it leads to suspension and/or losing your account

ronclark03

Reaction score
Why would you work for them ? There are reports of blocks and rejections, you don't want too many blocks on your account bec it leads to suspension and/or losing your account
I think I will be fine. They are just crazy strict with accepting and HITs have been hard to come by. I am sitting at a 99.48 acceptance still. I i have made about $200 with them so the risk reward is fine with me

Reactions: PandaThief and jan

PandaThief

Reaction score
I think I will be fine. They are just crazy strict with accepting and HITs have been hard to come by. I am sitting at a 99.48 acceptance still. I i have made about $200 with them so the risk reward is fine with me
go for it then

Reactions: Willie_Cat and jan

Lumius

Reaction score
Lmao jan @jan That same requester rejected me for saying I wouldn't make judgements on people for their sex/gender, and moving the sliders exactly in the middle since I don't pre-suppose people's moral proclivities based on that, and truly feel that male/female etc has nothing to do with predisposition to certain moral characteristics.

"....were all answered exactly the same the same answer in a row leading us to believe you did not take each question seriously That is why we rejected this submission..."

She got a nice email from me, since I didn't review it to mark the rejection, lol.

Edit: Almost 30% of my total rejections are on "Does this person look smart to you?"-type questions. I'm like, maybe, but I've leaving it middle, cause they could be smart or not, and I wouldn't judge their intelligence that way IRL? The Salutatorian in my class was hugely tatooed body builder, who people stereotyped as "dumb muscle". He was top of class in his MBA program too, sooo....lol

Edit 2: Combined with my very fast typing and efficient speed, middle options definitely could be seen as bot like, but I explained my choices, haha. Had 4 rejections in 2020/2021, and three are because of middle options :happy:

Last edited:

freekshow420

Reaction score
Lmao jan @jan That same requester rejected me for saying I wouldn't make judgements on people for their sex/gender, and moving the sliders exactly in the middle since I don't pre-suppose people's moral proclivities based on that, and truly feel that male/female etc has nothing to do with predisposition to certain moral characteristics.

"....were all answered exactly the same the same answer in a row leading us to believe you did not take each question seriously That is why we rejected this submission..."

She got a nice email from me, since I didn't review it to mark the rejection, lol.

Edit: Almost 30% of my total rejections are on "Does this person look smart to you?"-type questions. I'm like, maybe, but I've leaving it middle, cause they could be smart or not, and I wouldn't judge their intelligence that way IRL? The Salutatorian in my class was hugely tatooed body builder, sooo....lol
i hate surveys that have subjective questions like that. I mean if they are wanting you to answer in a specific way then put it in the description or instructions that requesters claim people never read. lol I had a requester tell me that once on a study i got screened out on for missing one question on the test page yet the instructions stated we had three attempts, Messaged them and got told i was correct and got a bonus for having read the instructions. Unexpected, but ill take it.

Most of the time when i get asked questions like that I end up putting in the comments at the end on why i answered the way i did. Occasionally i will get a reply from the requester apologizing or them putting their two cents in about it. Especially when they ask you to write about a time when you have never experienced this "oddly specific scenario"

Lumius

Reaction score
Yeah, it's hilarious. The last rejection I got back in February, was because they paraphrased. Are you tired or energized? Alert or sluggish? I moved them all to slightly tired option, since I was feeling a bit less than half, but not fully tired.
Rejected for "repeating answer in questionnaire" lmfao

The one above had writing portions, and I never have gotten rejected on a writing item before, lmao. I got like 50 new requesters items approved last week, HsN, PAR, etc...If you told me I'd get rejected cause of that writing hit, and not the 25% guy, I would have laughed!

Last edited:

freekshow420

Reaction score
Yeah, it's hilarious. The last rejection I got back in February, was because they paraphrased. Are you tired or energized? Alert or sluggish? I moved them all to slightly tired option, since I was feeling a bit less than half, but not fully tired.
Rejected for "repeating answer in questionnaire" lmfao

The one above had writing portions, and I never have gotten rejected on a writing item before, lmao. I got like 50 new requesters items approved last week, HsN, PAR, etc...If you told me I'd get rejected cause of that, I would have laughed!
lol right, and when they ask the same question in the row of questions but word it differently.. I am like ummm i guess you get the same answer then

Lumius

Reaction score
(Oprah voice) "You get a middle answer, You get a middle answer, You get a middle answer, Everyone gets a middle answer!" "Well, not the one that says please don't leave the slider at 50, but everyone else can have one!"

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Energy Level | PANDA
Requester: Christopher O'Donnell [A2TBAZ6QSLTYBZ] (Req TV): $87.74/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
What is your energy level today? (one click to respond)
Time: 5 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: US High School Graduate EqualTo 1; Masters Exists ;

0:24 min | $60.00/hr

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Can Do In Your PJs (EdQnDUWzh5dV-6YR9TYG)(~ 82 minutes)Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.50][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Acceptable][Rej=1][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $13.90
Duration: 03:18:00
Available: 2
Description: You will read a presentation and return a verdict. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-669463815-319252] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [5558] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

freekshow420

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from McDermott Experiments for work related to 3O0M2G5VC6A1NE5AO5BR01K82GW49L.
The value of your bonus is: $7.72 USD

The Requester included this note:
completed HIT

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Stories about Female CharactersAccept
Requester: Melissa Robinson [AIEIH60IDXWA7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.47][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=5.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: We are looking for FEMALE, U.S. citizens 18 years or older to participate in a 10-15 minute survey to examine how readers react to characters in stories.
Qualifications: Completed Bopo DoesNotExist

Status
Not open for further replies.