09/17 - Friendly Birthday Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayamehikaru

Reaction score
Was going back through my dashboard and noticed some three week old hits not approved... turns out Copytext, pretty much the ONLY batch requester available to under-1ks, has just flat out stopped approving hits. In the past three weeks, I've had zero approved from them and I have... 31? pending. I was going slow on them and now I guess I just get to sit back and wait. Sent a message to them yesterday, no response yet.

jan

Reaction score
Was going back through my dashboard and noticed some three week old hits not approved... turns out Copytext, pretty much the ONLY batch requester available to under-1ks, has just flat out stopped approving hits. In the past three weeks, I've had zero approved from them and I have... 31? pending. I was going slow on them and now I guess I just get to sit back and wait. Sent a message to them yesterday, no response yet.
has their pay rate changed? I blocked them eons ago - so I never see their hits. My memory is that the pay was really awful.

PandaThief

Reaction score
ahhh copytext, haven't heard that name since 2014 is when i blocked them

jan

Reaction score
well, woodstove is on the way (getting a new one)
I ordered a cord of wood
basement - fixed (still need the guy to put in the rubber membrane around the house so the mess doesn't happen again).
Found a chimney sweep (don't ask when he comes.....not soon enough :(

Still......making progress!

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
I ordered a cord of wood
basement - fixed (still need the guy to put in the rubber membrane around the house so the mess doesn't happen again).

Lumius

Reaction score
Sounds
I ordered a cord of wood

Your life this summer has been interesting! You should write a book on it. I'll help come up with titles.

The Man in the Basement

My Cat and the Cucumber

The Chimney Sweep doesn't come soon enough

☑ Troll Janielle Steel Today

Last edited:

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Sounds

Your life this summer has been interesting! You should write a book on it. I'll help come up with titles.

The Man in the Basement

My Cat and the Cucumber

The Chimney Sweep doesn't come soon enough

☑ Troll Janielle Steel Today
Jan and the Giant Peaches

My Dog Ate Alvin the Chipmunk

Last edited:

Charlene22

Reaction score
My sister is giving me a small woodstove for this winter. Do they work really well, or will I have to have something else for extra added heat? I've never had a wood stove. :o_o:
I ordered a cord of wood

Reactions: HelloHello

ayamehikaru

Reaction score
has their pay rate changed? I blocked them eons ago - so I never see their hits. My memory is that the pay was really awful.
Nope, they're still abysmally bad pay. The issue is that all the good batchers require 1k+ approved hits, so for those of us still below that we really don't have any other decent options. They tend to be (mostly) readable and fairly quick, so for pumping up numbers they WOULD be decent if they actually approved.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
My sister is giving me a small woodstove for this winter. Do they work really well, or will I have to have something else for extra added heat? I've never had a wood stove. :o_o:
you'll need a secondary heat source (I do up in VT). Plus I have a house to heat. You COULD heat with wood only. But that's a lot of work 24/7 and I'd have to burn more than 2+ cords of wood (I only burn 1 cord in the winter).

I have an oil furnace

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
This is frustrating. I've done 2 long HITs in the past couple of days that can't submit because of requester app server problems.

Michael Kahana, maybe underpaid sometimes and many server problems but otherwise a good requester, isn't responding to emails (but is still posting compensation HITs). I can't imagine why I'm not getting a compensation code in email, since I've been very polite.

A new requester ("David") doesn't seem like he's going to respond before the $15.00 Fun language learning study(~ 90 minutes) HIT expires in my queue. Maybe I should submit this and brace for the rejection.

edit: david responded and said I could submit. Still beware of the HIT. It sucks.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Robot Operation Study (requires modern graphics cards and fast Internet) | PANDA
Requester: UW Madison Graphics Group [A3BOKXGQQ9HEH3]
TurkerView: [ $19.58 / hour ]
Description: Participants will operate a virtual robot to accomplish a series of tasks. Please accept this HIT if you can pass the technical qualification test: http://35.222.163.253/qual.html
Duration: 50 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications:
  • UWGG_Robot_Operation DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
  • Location EqualTo US
[354DQCRRIJKTKCU4JAONUEFKI9SLSN]

Reactions: thismegan

Lumius

Reaction score
I was at work and didn't get a chance to review them, but if you haven't yet, add to Pandas:

NYU Bowman Group
A5X6BUB150HZD

Question Answering as a Prequalification for Argument Judging (Bonus Available)
3TKKR4L40OPOSA3648MHAQ8ODR3BAE
$5.00
https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3TKKR4L40OPOSA3648MHAQ8ODR3BAE/tasks/accept_random

Entertaining story, open book qual test, and bonus made it >$60 hour for me.
You've received a bonus from NYU Bowman Group for work related to 3HKIF5DF6ZZ59831AJQL5N2PZ7P9GO.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus for passing the pre-qualification task for reading comprehension. Your accuracy on the task was 100.0 percent. We will message you within the next day or two with instructions for the second qualification step.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
https://www.mturk.com

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Skittles

jan

Reaction score
Title: Individual Differences — Part II survey (~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Alyssa Tedder-King [AJO6D6152RYLA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.41] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.53
Duration: 50:00
Available: 51
Description: A short survey for a study about how people evaluate and react to workplace issues.
Qualifications: Inc: [19-318843] Exists ; Exc: [319432-318843] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

jan

Reaction score
Title: Beliefs Survey(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CSA_Evanston [A1KC5KFTR68Q8Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.15] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=27] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 7
Description: Survey of public and consumer opinions
Qualifications: Exc: [1244798793-319301] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
Nope, they're still abysmally bad pay. The issue is that all the good batchers require 1k+ approved hits, so for those of us still below that we really don't have any other decent options. They tend to be (mostly) readable and fairly quick, so for pumping up numbers they WOULD be decent if they actually approved.
we used to be able to recommend 'better' requesters to get your numbers up.

not anymore - there just aren't enough requesters out there :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.