Rep Present $10.00 15-20 min Tests from youeye.com/Userzoom

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
ok so I was kind of reluctant to post this because I thought they had screwed me over, but they are legit.

Youeye is a usability site like Usertesting.com. Do a 15-20 minute test talking about a website, and get 10 bucks. Unlike usertesting, you need a webcam and it REALLY helps if you have an andriod or IOS phone.

I'll start with the bad news first:

-It takes about a month to get paid. Yeah it sucks, but my rule is, I pay bills once a month, so I will accept the fact that a site pays once a month if they pay good. They tell you in the FAQ it takes 10-12 business days... but just prepare to wait about a month so u dont go crazy wondering where your money is.

-oh they pay with paypal.

- The userzoom studies they give you dont show up on your dashboard, so you should keep your own records of them. YOUEYE has records of everything you do, they just dont show it to you... so if you want to know how many tests you have pending, you have to keep it yourself.

heres the GOOD NEWS... Userzoom just bought out youeye, and sicne that happened, I've been getting around 1 test a day or every other day... combine that with getting a test every other day from usertesting... its a decent chunk of money to add to your mturk funds for barely any work.

all in all, if u dont mind waiting a month, I'd sign up at youeye.com. Its easy money.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got this email. They are changing their name.

You’re receiving this email because you’ve signed up to be part of YouEye’s panel and help give companies much needed feedback on their digital properties. You might notice a few changes today, namely that YouEye is transitioning over to the name IntelliZoom, and we wanted to give you a little insight into what’s happening and what this means for you as a panelist.

YouEye was acquired by UserZoom earlier this year. As part of the acquisition, UserZoom is rebranding the YouEye panel as IntelliZoom and including the panel as part of their Professional Services offerings to enterprise clients. Some of you may have even helped choose the new name in a survey earlier in the year!

What does this mean for you? You’ll still get email invitations to take studies on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop, and will still get paid to give your valuable feedback. In fact, expect to see even more study opportunities coming through as UserZoom has much more clientele!

We just didn’t want there to be any confusion as to why you were seeing correspondences from a new brand. On behalf of the YouEye team, we want to thank you for being part of our panel and extend a warm welcome as a member of the IntelliZoom panel.

Cheers,

The IntelliZoom Team

Reactions: Kessikitty

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
update- they are starting to pay faster. Im getting payments in 7-14 days now instead of a month

Reactions: T. Leela

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...my short attention spans loves variety!

Richard

Site Representative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Richard an engineering lead at Intellizoom, UserZoom's new Panel provider. Myself and many members of our team came over from YouEye and we've been working hard to get our panelists integrated with their tools.

Let me first thank you for participating in our studies and being patient during our transition. I just wanted to let you know that we are working our butts off to reduce your time-to-payment to something more reasonable. In fact, we are rolling out a big release this week that should address a lot of these issues. We're also hoping to provide you an interface to track your UserZoom participation in the next couple of months. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your completion status on studies please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Since we have joined a larger company (UserZoom), we've a got a lot more work for panelists. I would encourage you to checkout our mobile and Desktop recording applications. I know installing apps can be a pain, but honestly, this will allow us to provide you more opportunities to take studies (since our customers request a variety of platforms).

thedorchannel @thedorchannel you mentioned that you don't like being paid via Paypal. What's your preferred method? Also, what could we do to make your experience better?

Reactions: coffeeowl and kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Richard an engineering lead at Intellizoom, UserZoom's new Panel provider. Myself and many members of our team came over from YouEye and we've been working hard to get our panelists integrated with their tools.

Let me first thank you for participating in our studies and being patient during our transition. I just wanted to let you know that we are working our butts off to reduce your time-to-payment to something more reasonable. In fact, we are rolling out a big release this week that should address a lot of these issues. We're also hoping to provide you an interface to track your UserZoom participation in the next couple of months. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your completion status on studies please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Since we have joined a larger company (UserZoom), we've a got a lot more work for panelists. I would encourage you to checkout our mobile and Desktop recording applications. I know installing apps can be a pain, but honestly, this will allow us to provide you more opportunities to take studies (since our customers request a variety of platforms).

thedorchannel @thedorchannel you mentioned that you don't like being paid via Paypal. What's your preferred method? Also, what could we do to make your experience better?
Thanks for joining! I added a site rep badge to your username. :) Feel free to post any updates or announcements here!

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

Hi! Thanks for the response!

actually, I do like paypal. When I made that first post, I realized I forgot to mention that you guys pay with paypal, so I edited the post and just threw that in randomly. I didn't even realize I put it in the "bad" section.

- As far as improvements, I guess the only thing would be continuing the faster payments (I got one payment in about a week and a half after I did the test, but I'm still waiting on another payment from a test I did around the same time as the one I was paid for)

- and another improvement would be adding the userzoom tests I take to the youeye/intellizoom "completed studies" list after I take them. It would really help as far as keeping track of all the tests I take.

Thanks again for posting!

Richard

Site Representative
Reaction score
Thank you kryss @kryssyy for the badge.

thedorchannel @thedorchannel thanks for the feedback. We should get payments out quicker in the next week. Also, we're recreating the status page which will combine YouEye and UserZoom studies. Unfortunately, this will not be on the old YouEye page. It will also be a month or two until we get to this feature (we're a small team and we are currently focused on revamping registration). However, feel free to reach out to me if you want to know the status of your study/payout.

Thanks,

Richard

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you kryss @kryssyy for the badge.

thedorchannel @thedorchannel thanks for the feedback. We should get payments out quicker in the next week. Also, we're recreating the status page which will combine YouEye and UserZoom studies. Unfortunately, this will not be on the old YouEye page. It will also be a month or two until we get to this feature (we're a small team and we are currently focused on revamping registration). However, feel free to reach out to me if you want to know the status of your study/payout.

Thanks,

Richard
thank you! I'll be looking forward to seeing that status page!

overlordror

Reaction score
I just signed up based on your recommendation, thedorchannel @thedorchannel. I'm looking forward to trying it out because I really like doing usability tests for websites. Is the only way to get notifications about surveys via email?

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I just signed up based on your recommendation, thedorchannel @thedorchannel. I'm looking forward to trying it out because I really like doing usability tests for websites. Is the only way to get notifications about surveys via email?
cool! I get all mine through email, but every now and then I'll see some on the youeye/intellizoom site

starkgirl

Reaction score
How do you know if any payments are even pending? I keep getting th thank you emails that saiy you might get paid if your answers are chosen - how do I know if any of my responses have been selected?

ToniV

Reaction score
Hey, how often do you get emails for available jobs? I took the test on your recommendation, and was accepted a couple weeks ago, but I haven't gotten any emails so far. I'm just curious as to whether this is to be expected for everyone, or if it's just that my demographics are not in high demand, or what

Richard

Site Representative
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply. I'm not getting email notifications when someone comments.

S @starkgirl at the moment, you won't know whether your response is accepted until you get paid (sorry). This actually has little to do with our system and more to do with customers and quality control (particularly if you participated in a "Talk Out Loud" survey). We actually have to review the videos to ensure that participants can clearly be heard in the video and that they are filming under "appropriate" circumstances (i.e. please wear a shirt and don't film yourself sitting on a toilet -- this really does happen).

If you are dressed appropriately, film in an appropriate location, we can hear your responses clearly, and follow the survey instructions, 99.999% of the time you will have a successful outcome and be paid.

The timing of when you get paid has a lot to do with quality control. We generally try to keep it under 1 week; and I sincerely apologize if it goes longer than that. Like I said before, we are a small team, and there are a lot of videos to review.

ToniV @ToniV we are steadily increasing the number of studies we source through Intellizoom. We have a lot of panelists and it's completely possible that your demographics may not have matched the requirements of one of our customer's surveys. I don't know if you can privately IM me, but if you can, please send me the email address you used to sign up with YouEye and I will check to make sure everything is good on our side.

Last edited: