11/14 - Wide Shot Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Merovign @Merovign regarding your most recent post, you're experiencing throttling. No way around it and support wouldn't do anything about it

It happens when a lot of people are accepting/trying to accept the hit at the same time
Well thanks for explaining. Don't know why it didn't happen during the day but it happened all night, when traffic is supposed to be lower.

Cost me a bunch of $$ apparently, yesterday would have been my record day so far otherwise.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Hah! go to sleep for 5 hours and vicky drops the qual hits again...fug it...if its meant to be it will be. I do not care
I'm trying to be Zen, too. Bad night for it. Morning for you. :)

Yeah I just got screwed on another one that didn't work. My Zen tank is empty, I'm out for the night.

Good luck to the morning crew, I kind of hope it's just my turn in the barrel rather than some systemwide problem.

Last edited:

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

We’ve detected some unusual activity on your account. For your protection and to ensure a safe and trusted Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace, your account has been temporarily suspended until we can verify some important details with you. At this time, we need you to verify your identity so we can reinstate your account.

In order to verify your identity, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

1. Your first and last name
2. The email you use to log into your MTurk Worker account

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity, you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience with our security measures. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus).

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

GRR

Reaction score

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

We’ve detected some unusual activity on your account. For your protection and to ensure a safe and trusted Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace, your account has been temporarily suspended until we can verify some important details with you. At this time, we need you to verify your identity so we can reinstate your account.

In order to verify your identity, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

1. Your first and last name
2. The email you use to log into your MTurk Worker account

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity, you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience with our security measures. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus).

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

That sucks! I got that about 3 years ago...it took A YEAR AND A HALF to get unsuspended...and they never found anything...good luck

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
That sucks! I got that about 3 years ago...it took A YEAR AND A HALF to get unsuspended...and they never found anything...good luck
A year and a half? Holy hell

GRR

Reaction score
yep 1 1/2 years..finally after talking on the phone to customer reps many times and many emails, I sent a last email. It was something like this. "Hi folks, I am about to start collecting SS and I had found that working for mturk was like having a part time job. I like it. At this point I would just like to know why. No one has been able to explain that to me" In less than an hour I got an email that said I needed to change my birthday on my mturk stuff. I was born in 1956, they had me listed as born in 2056. I changed that and in 30 minutes ,I got an email thanking me and saying that I was good to go. I signed on, did a four cent hit and was back in...go figure?

GRR

Reaction score
yep 1 1/2 years..finally after talking on the phone to customer reps many times and many emails, I sent a last email. It was something like this. "Hi folks, I am about to start collecting SS and I had found that working for mturk was like having a part time job. I like it. At this point I would just like to know why. No one has been able to explain that to me" In less than an hour I got an email that said I needed to change my birthday on my mturk stuff. I was born in 1956, they had me listed as born in 2056. I changed that and in 30 minutes ,I got an email thanking me and saying that I was good to go. I signed on, did a four cent hit and was back in...go figure?

edit: and three weeks later I got Masters

Reactions: greg

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I stayed up way too late but I got a HIT to work without the failures I was having all last night. Fingers crossed maybe today will be better.

Much later today, as I haven't gone to sleep yet.

Fingers crossed for you, too, greg.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I stayed up way too late but I got a HIT to work without the failures I was having all last night. Fingers crossed maybe today will be better.

Much later today, as I haven't gone to sleep yet.

Fingers crossed for you, too, greg.
Thanks

At least the Prolific surveys keep coming. And I've never had one rejected, so there's that.

jan

Reaction score
Good grief.
Every article that I read has a different opinion about tires. (To get studded ones or not). So confused.....

jan

Reaction score
Title: 5 min survey about willingness to accept a new skin peel for taking care of your facial skin | Accept
Requester: Jane [AEPGA0GZOPR0M] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.91] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Looking for respondents who feel that they do NOT feel satisfied with their facial skin. Please switch off phone/ email/ music, so you can focus on this study.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Decision making #6: read scenarios, answer short questions (native English, US born & raised)(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Gilad Feldman [AIJ6CWLNZDT3V] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.30] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.91] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=4.43] [Fair=4.67] [Reviews=64] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.63] [Pen=0.16 days] [Res=null] [Rec=67%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.63
Duration: 3600
Description: Decision making dilemmas #6: read scenarios, answer short questions (native English, US born & raised)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [-1852614249-115345] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: [English] Rate Video Ad According To A Given Question - 1 ~ 3 mins | Accept
Requester: AdsForce [A3883N8JDOXNGD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.74] [Pay=2.20] [Fast=null] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.59] [Fast=4.82] [Comm=3.87] [Fair=4.48] [Reviews=54] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=5.33] [Pen=0.09 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 600
Available: 24
Description: Please carefully read the question with prompted video ads
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Super Worker Status EqualTo 0
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Beliefs about the self and the world | Accept
Requester: Scout Lab [A3N8RUOKCQF1LO] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 10800
Description: Must be 18 years or older and be fluent in English. You will be asked to complete questionnaires about beliefs about yourself and the world. You will be paid $4.00 for your participation (15-30 min. in length).
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; MFT Eligible EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.