Contacting an Mturk requester when time runs out on a task.

Denmarks

Reaction score
I have had a few tasks where the time to complete was much too short. I did one today that turned out to be 10 minutes. I do not believe I took an extraordinary time to finish it but after submitting it I learned the time ran out. Is there any way to contact a requester in that case? I did find a link that indicated to just insert the requester ID and then fill out the form. I tried and got an error. I think the link also requires your ID and the task number. There must be an easier way.

After more research I found out that by installing Mturk Suite and right clicking on a requester name you can get a form as indicated above. The problem is that the requester address is not filled in and you get an error after submitting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I use the requester search function on http://turkerview.com to contact in that case. I put the task title in the subject line, state my problem, and ask for a compensation hit. When you send it, it says there was an error, but it always says that and always goes through just fine.