Does MTurk Suite Alert you to Hits like Hit Scraper and Turkmaster?

farmerdani

Reaction score
I'm trying to get it to alert me with a keyword search like turkmaster and scraper but no luck. Thx!

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to get it to alert me with a keyword search like turkmaster and scraper but no luck. Thx!
If you mean you're trying to add requester names to be alerted to, you do that under "Include List". When you add the requester's name, be sure to do it under "Term" and not "Name".

farmerdani

Reaction score
If you mean you're trying to add requester names to be alerted to, you do that under "Include List". When you add the requester's name, be sure to do it under "Term" and not "Name".
Thanks for the reply. No, I just search for surveys. So I always use the term, "surveys".

JohnH

Reaction score
You and I are in the same boat here. At this time, as far as I know, there is nothing that can do exactly what we need on the new site (scrape by term...sort/exclude by payout) I have been told that Hit Scraper would be updated. I have not specifically been told that it will be updated in time for the forced switch over...Friday!

If it is not ready (which I'm praying that it is), the closest I can tell you to get you there is to install a page reloader (I'd be using ChromeReloadPlus), go to the main hits page of the new site, set up a search for "survey" with whatever filter you want (available from the site page) and have it reload every 5 seconds.

This is at best a crutch. It won't alert you when new hits get posted. You'll have to right click and open hits in a new tab(or else you'll have to reset your reloading page's search parameters every time you click a new hit and want to go back for more).

I'm deeply worried about this, it's going to reduce my pay by half as best as I can tell.

Please...somebody update Hit Scraper before it's too late.

Further discussion about this at : http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/concerning-new-worker-site-and-scraping-question.2858/#post-1064100

JohnH

Reaction score
By the way everyone, Hit Scraper has been converted as of today.