Health Nuts

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Lost 10 pounds :). On the annoying front....no compliments. I sort of always look pretty thin - so no one says - wow, you look great!). But, I feel better and I'm almost at my low weight (5 more pounds).

I lost it all about 10 years ago and kept it all off for - about 8 years. Then with the move and all kinds of changes - I just let it bounce back up. In fact, I thought I'd look better with a few more pounds (that was a mistake).

Also, just emailed a local CSA that has a food/work trade. My 16 year old said she'd come with me......we'll see. My hope is that it will also teach me a bit about veggie gardening - plus they said they do bulk sales (so I can do some canning).
Aw Congrats!!!! That is awesome. All about feeling better. Honestly keeping it off for 8 years and only creeping up 10lbs isn't terrible :)

Hope the food/work trade CSA works out! Sounds lovely.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I was down to a svelt 217 when I weighed myself this morning. I was around 243 when I started this process.
You've lost a lot of weight! Good job!
Lost 10 pounds :). On the annoying front....no compliments. I sort of always look pretty thin - so no one says - wow, you look great!). But, I feel better and I'm almost at my low weight (5 more pounds).

I lost it all about 10 years ago and kept it all off for - about 8 years. Then with the move and all kinds of changes - I just let it bounce back up. In fact, I thought I'd look better with a few more pounds (that was a mistake).

Also, just emailed a local CSA that has a food/work trade. My 16 year old said she'd come with me......we'll see. My hope is that it will also teach me a bit about veggie gardening - plus they said they do bulk sales (so I can do some canning).
That is annoying! You don't get the recognition anymore. I like how you are passing it down - we are moving sometime this summer and I'm hoping to start growing some food which we have not been able to do at this townhouse. But I don't know a thing about canning :( I really wish I did. If you're 16 year old isn't into this I'll come! :)

savvy @savvylabell have I mentioned how much I like seeing you with your horse in your avatar?

Reactions: savvy

savvy

Reaction score
You've lost a lot of weight! Good job!

That is annoying! You don't get the recognition anymore. I like how you are passing it down - we are moving sometime this summer and I'm hoping to start growing some food which we have not been able to do at this townhouse. But I don't know a thing about canning :( I really wish I did. If you're 16 year old isn't into this I'll come! :)

savvy @savvylabell have I mentioned how much I like seeing you with your horse in your avatar?
i don't think so but thanks. It's our christmas eve photo <3 I was sitting under a tree while he ate hay, my little bit of peace in the chaos of the holiday.

My health has been dumb so I haven't been here, lol

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think so but thanks. It's our christmas eve photo <3 I was sitting under a tree while he ate hay, my little bit of peace in the chaos of the holiday.

My health has been dumb so I haven't been here, lol
I don't think I've been getting notifications or I was hitting delete too quick in my email.
Mmmmmm maybe that's why I like that picture so much you're giving off peace in the storm vibes.
My health has been so dumb too and we're going to go on vacation - I think that we will mostly cook so that will help a lot. If we were eating out the whole time it would be very difficult. I'm ok with ordering the heatlhy stuff but I don't want to wind up at restaurants and order a salad and it's like a wedge of iceberg lettuce with thousand island dressing you know? Like really not even a tomato?
Are you still taking the prednisone? sp?

savvy

Reaction score
haha I am on a second round of steriods right now! I got a chest xray this week and they said nothing is there -- even though it sounds like gremlins in my lungs and I'm struggling with breathing. I managed to dance pretty hard without much coughing last night, but have to pass on a big bonfire I've been looking forward to all month. le sigh.

What vacation?! Exciting?

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
haha I am on a second round of steriods right now! I got a chest xray this week and they said nothing is there -- even though it sounds like gremlins in my lungs and I'm struggling with breathing. I managed to dance pretty hard without much coughing last night, but have to pass on a big bonfire I've been looking forward to all month. le sigh.

What vacation?! Exciting?
Florida! I've never been. I've really never been East at all!
I'm sorry about your respiratory system. Mine is my body's weakness too. Big bonfire would so not be good right now i hope you can replace it with something fun so you don't feel like you're missing out though.

savvy

Reaction score
Florida! I've never been. I've really never been East at all!
I'm sorry about your respiratory system. Mine is my body's weakness too. Big bonfire would so not be good right now i hope you can replace it with something fun so you don't feel like you're missing out though.
What region are you from. Bring allergy meds! I'm very allergic to florida and so was my horse. The specific molds fungi in the airplants this time of year. I went end of march/beginning of april the last time I went.

My roommate and a few other friends are doing our own paintnight at home. My roommate is an art teacher lol

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
What region are you from. Bring allergy meds! I'm very allergic to florida and so was my horse. The specific molds fungi in the airplants this time of year. I went end of march/beginning of april the last time I went.

My roommate and a few other friends are doing our own paintnight at home. My roommate is an art teacher lol
I'm in IL and yeah I was hoping that the heat would help things be dry but it's supposed to be so humid there so IDK. If I wind up in the ER with a migraine again I am going to go nuts. But I'm packing lots of stuff. Bringing Zyrtec for my daughter too because we've had reactions to dogs lately also and there will be 2.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Awww I just noticed this thread right now and I'm kind of sad it isn't getting more action. I like (trying) to be healthy too! My fitness idol Cathe Friedrich does these things called Road Trips where she travels to a random spot in the US and a bunch of people can exercise with her for a weekend. This year she is coming to Chicago in May and I'm actually going! I'm super excited. So for the past several months I've been trying really hard to eat healthy and exercise more. I even stopped drinking and I hope not to drink at all until after the road trip, which would be a major feat for me considering I usually drink twice a week.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
:wave:

Bob's Red Mill 25% off with code SPRINGBAKE, today only. This date has warped the internet so thoroughly that I thought it might be a joke when I saw it in my inbox but it's a real discount, just re-upped my daily mueslis.

savvy

Reaction score
I am going back to 16:8 IF today! At least Monday-Friday! I haven't been sick for a few weeks, and I'm off all the meds, so my stomach is ready to be empty sometimes. I haven't gained back any weight but have been eating terribly every day of the week. Moving in with boyfriend next month and that will be another challenge, as he tends to keep bad food in the house, but I will be in charge of groceries so we will see if I can adjust that some.

Tonight I am making chicken and broccoli teriyaki.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
/me hits the reset button.

So, I need to get back on the Keto thing again. I’ve been eating less, but carbs everywhere.

I also need to find the energy to exercise after 10 hour work days, and an hour and a half of driving.

And it’s been two days of not drinking. I think it’s been two days. When was the last time I sent any of you a text message in the middle of the night about how I hate everything?

Anyway, two days may not seem like a big deal. But right now, it’s a big deal.

FLpapo

Reaction score
I'm trying to get into fitness myself. I'm not severely over-weight, I just got kinda a belly. I'm 165 and 5'9 and I'm trying to be more appealing to some ladyfriends.

savvy

Reaction score

So, I need to get back on the Keto thing again. I’ve been eating less, but carbs everywhere.

I also need to find the energy to exercise after 10 hour work days, and an hour and a half of driving.

And it’s been two days of not drinking. I think it’s been two days. When was the last time I sent any of you a text message in the middle of the night about how I hate everything?

*checks phone*

Saturday night

Ugh, I dunno if I can do keto again. I was so sick, for sooooo sooo long after I did that. I've gained all my weight back :(

I'm back to IF though, drinking more water, and making food/eating out less. I need to cut back on the drinking again too, and only drink on the weekends again.

The workout thing is a bummer, I can't help you there. I have none after my workdays.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score

Hey so I'm curious about the Keto have you done it in like a really strict way before or how do you do that?
2 days is a long time and you've got these really long work days and is that an hour and a half both ways? YIKES

Reactions: savvy and mboone73

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Awww I just noticed this thread right now and I'm kind of sad it isn't getting more action. I like (trying) to be healthy too! My fitness idol Cathe Friedrich does these things called Road Trips where she travels to a random spot in the US and a bunch of people can exercise with her for a weekend. This year she is coming to Chicago in May and I'm actually going! I'm super excited. So for the past several months I've been trying really hard to eat healthy and exercise more. I even stopped drinking and I hope not to drink at all until after the road trip, which would be a major feat for me considering I usually drink twice a week.
Hey did this happen already with the road trip friend?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Hey so I'm curious about the Keto have you done it in like a really strict way before or how do you do that?
2 days is a long time and you've got these really long work days and is that an hour and a half both ways? YIKES
Strict ish. I gave myself a cheat day once a week. It’s hard to avoid tacos here. I lost about 30 pounds with it. I’ve gained 10-15 of that back. I also don’t feel like cooking when I get home, so lots of junk food again.

1 1/2 hours total daily. About 40 miles each way.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Meal prep? I heat them in the microwave all by myself.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Strict ish. I gave myself a cheat day once a week. It’s hard to avoid tacos here. I lost about 30 pounds with it. I’ve gained 10-15 of that back. I also don’t feel like cooking when I get home, so lots of junk food again.

1 1/2 hours total daily. About 40 miles each way.
When I keto, I make shells out of cheese, or make taco salad.
It's really really hard b/c I love tortillas more than most things in the world.

Reactions: mboone73 and savvy