Health Nuts

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Strict ish. I gave myself a cheat day once a week. It’s hard to avoid tacos here. I lost about 30 pounds with it. I’ve gained 10-15 of that back. I also don’t feel like cooking when I get home, so lots of junk food again.

1 1/2 hours total daily. About 40 miles each way.
Ugh I've been in the car a LOT lately and there's just only so much you can do to make it comfortable or enjoyable I feel ya.
Tacos - I guess you would just have to put them in a bowl with no shell for keto? I don't really know. Lots of avocado. There's definitely ways to make them or order them that will suit you. I never thought I could do them in a bowl but I got used to it. And I get less headaches when I'm off of corn shells, corn chips, etc I've noticed. If you can't cook when you get home because that's the WORST I know maybe you could just start doing some freezer meals for yourself? I just put some weight back on too. I hate feeling like I'm high maintenance but it seriously feels that way.

Reactions: mboone73

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
T @theturkscribe i lost 15lbs not being strict.. I wasn't eating bread or those most carbs but I wasn't carb counting either. I don't think I could give up fruit again tho.

mboone73 @mboone73 meal prep life!
Yeah I think keeping fruit in the diet is a good idea. Not juice but fruit. I do better too when I'm not counting but just avoiding.

Last new thing I tried was Ashwaganda - Ashwaghanda? In liquid. POW! It's like taking a shot of everclear and then hurling yourself into the burny vortex of doom - but on the other side I did feel pretty great. I exchanged it yesterday for some black cohosh.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Yeah I think keeping fruit in the diet is a good idea. Not juice but fruit. I do better too when I'm not counting but just avoiding.

Last new thing I tried was Ashwaganda - Ashwaghanda? In liquid. POW! It's like taking a shot of everclear and then hurling yourself into the burny vortex of doom - but on the other side I did feel pretty great. I exchanged it yesterday for some black cohosh.
I've never heard of it and not sure I car to every try now LOL.

I avoided a bunch of carbs yesterday. had eggs and green beans and olives for dinner LOL and i managed to not drink last night.

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never heard of it and not sure I car to every try now LOL.

I avoided a bunch of carbs yesterday. had eggs and green beans and olives for dinner LOL and i managed to not drink last night.
Way to go savvy! Keep it going! (the rocky theme plays)

Reactions: savvy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Oh, I never avoided fruit. I know bananas aren’t great, but you could probably get away with one a day.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

I think I've got some of that in pill-form.

I've not tried it yet. I wanted to wait until my sciatica was less of a dick in case it made me need to move move move :ROFL:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I had a chocolate, chocolate chip cookie and a Diet Coke, and I’m not even sorry about it.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
So, minor setback...

Someone brought me wine. I was in a lot of pain, so I drank the entire jug. Anyway, I feel terrible about myself again.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
So, minor setback...

Someone brought me wine. I was in a lot of pain, so I drank the entire jug. Anyway, I feel terrible about myself again.
People need to help you out if you're trying to avoid alcohol yeesh! There's a future where you're looking back at that like that was just a hiccup along the way to the achievements.

Reactions: mboone73 and savvy

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I've got some of that in pill-form.

I've not tried it yet. I wanted to wait until my sciatica was less of a dick in case it made me need to move move move :ROFL:
I wasn't sure if I should get a capsule and put that in my shake or the liquid - I can't swallow pills bigger than an ibuprofen tablet. The Vitamin Shoppe said that they actually work harder on the taste of the liquid since people will never taste the powder inside the capsule really. But if you can swallow them then I say go for it don't wait I think it's great stuff! I'll find a way to get it that I can tolerate I hope.

savvy

Reaction score
Went out for a birthday last night, but had low key al fresco tacos but did have ice cream - paired with dancing. Only two drinks, nothing excessive. This weekend will be a struggle being out of town, doing breweries and a wedding. But tonight will be eggs and veggies :) My fav. I have an asian salad for lunch. I might weigh in on Monday.

I have been making an effort to ride my horse more while the weather isn't terrible despite being tired from farm chores. Something is gonna have to break though, I feel so bloated and awful.

I have stuck to fasting every morning this week, and haven't had any fast food except a 200 calorie snack from the taco bell dollar menu after dancing for 3 hours lol.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Went out for a birthday last night, but had low key al fresco tacos but did have ice cream - paired with dancing. Only two drinks, nothing excessive. This weekend will be a struggle being out of town, doing breweries and a wedding. But tonight will be eggs and veggies :) My fav. I have an asian salad for lunch. I might weigh in on Monday.

I have been making an effort to ride my horse more while the weather isn't terrible despite being tired from farm chores. Something is gonna have to break though, I feel so bloated and awful.

I have stuck to fasting every morning this week, and haven't had any fast food except a 200 calorie snack from the taco bell dollar menu after dancing for 3 hours lol.
Holy wow.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
People need to help you out if you're trying to avoid alcohol yeesh! There's a future where you're looking back at that like that was just a hiccup along the way to the achievements.
I have no one to blame but myself really. I hadn't really told people about my not drinking. It's not easy. I don't really want to make a big deal out of it.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I tried walking today. But I was in so much pain, that I had to turn around when I got to the end of the street.

I need to start working out, but I’m going to have to skip leg days.

savvy

Reaction score
I tried walking today. But I was in so much pain, that I had to turn around when I got to the end of the street.

I need to start working out, but I’m going to have to skip leg days.
:( Today when I went for a hike, My hip started hurting. We could only do 3 miles and I was hitching my leg pretty bad.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
:( Today when I went for a hike, My hip started hurting. We could only do 3 miles and I was hitching my leg pretty bad.
Aw, I’m sorry. Feel better!

savvy

Reaction score
I started myfitnesspal calorie counting today. just for a little while to get on track. it's gonna be miserable.