Health Nuts

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that is why keto was the most effective weight loss thing for me because my stomach didn't hurt. but then I got 27 flus and bronchitis' so I'm afraid to do that ever again lol
But there's a lot of protein with keto... did you adapt it? How'd you do that w/o carbs? (Protein is very expensive/why I'm not doing another round right now lmao. So if you have a hack, that'd be super. :D )

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
But there's a lot of protein with keto... did you adapt it? How'd you do that w/o carbs? (Protein is very expensive/why I'm not doing another round right now lmao. So if you have a hack, that'd be super. :D )
I didn't count carbs so Idk if I was massively in keto but i did lose 15lbs really fast. I didn't do it meat heavy either. If my fat is higher than protein it didn't seem to both my stomach as much, I didn't eat as much protein as recommended (but didn't lose stamina in day to day life so there wasnt really muscle loss). I honestly lived off nuts, eggs, cheese, tempeh and veggies with SOME meat. Too much meat is hard on me.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

savvy

Reaction score
Ugh. I weighed myself this morning. 176. That was more than over the winter. I made it down to 162 in January. But i could feel it. I can feel what I weigh, and I knew I was around 175. But I am trying to tell myself this is the first week of really reining things in.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Haven’t weighed myself in a while. Guess I’ll find out when I go to the doctor.

I really need to stop drinking. It’s just pouring gasoline on the self loathing fire at this point. Hopefully I can this pain situation sorted, and get back on the right track.

Reactions: PJ-DIY and savvy

savvy

Reaction score
Haven’t weighed myself in a while. Guess I’ll find out when I go to the doctor.

I really need to stop drinking. It’s just pouring gasoline on the self loathing fire at this point. Hopefully I can this pain situation sorted, and get back on the right track.
:celebrate2: yay doctor

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't count carbs so Idk if I was massively in keto but i did lose 15lbs really fast. I didn't do it meat heavy either. If my fat is higher than protein it didn't seem to both my stomach as much, I didn't eat as much protein as recommended (but didn't lose stamina in day to day life so there wasnt really muscle loss). I honestly lived off nuts, eggs, cheese, tempeh and veggies with SOME meat. Too much meat is hard on me.
99% of keto is watching carbs.
I can't eat much meat either, since I got my gallbladder out, it never went away for me. So when I do rounds of keto I just potty a lot :ROFL:
But, low-carb things like that are the ONLY things that work with PCOS. :/ But I'm also not supposed to do protein-centric things long-term b/c of my kidney.
It feels like I'll be like this forever some times.

savvy

Reaction score
99% of keto is watching carbs.
I can't eat much meat either, since I got my gallbladder out, it never went away for me. So when I do rounds of keto I just potty a lot :ROFL:
But, low-carb things like that are the ONLY things that work with PCOS. :/ But I'm also not supposed to do protein-centric things long-term b/c of my kidney.
It feels like I'll be like this forever some times.
I just didn't want to count my carbs. I'm counting calories right now and that's tricky because it'll put me toward the eating disorder route. I get crazy.

I have gallbladder pain on and off, so the meat sparks that stabbing pain for me.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I get crazy.
Oh, yeah, I understand, I have to see a professional sometimes for my food-crazies.

BUT still... I gotta do it b/c I'm obese. I try really hard to find a middle ground between dieting and not giving in to old habits.

Reactions: savvy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I can walk again without limping. But I’m still in some pain, so I’m going to walk myself to bed.

savvy

Reaction score
I’m doing really well with IF, no snacking and no alcohol this week. :celebrate2:

Reactions: mboone73

savvy

Reaction score
No alcohol during the week: check
Eating 70% fruits and veggies: check
Eating 1300-1500 calories a day: check
Getting in 10000 steps a day: check
no fast food: check
Drinking 1-2 liters of water: check

I've gained 4lbs. :rain:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I’m relatively pain free for the first time in awhile.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
No alcohol during the week: check
Eating 70% fruits and veggies: check
Eating 1300-1500 calories a day: check
Getting in 10000 steps a day: check
no fast food: check
Drinking 1-2 liters of water: check

I've gained 4lbs. :rain:
Watch your sodium intake? Sometimes when it's hot out, that's the culprit :)

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
So, I weighed in at 220 today. Not only did I lose all the weight that I had gained back, but I’m also 5 pounds lighter than I was before the holidays. Which is weird because I haven’t been exercising or following a diet.

savvy

Reaction score
Just finished a 23.5 hour fast. Give me props, please. I'll start a new fast again at midnight.
awesome!!! So hard but pretty satisfying. I get hyper

savvy

Reaction score
So, I weighed in at 220 today. Not only did I lose all the weight that I had gained back, but I’m also 5 pounds lighter than I was before the holidays. Which is weird because I haven’t been exercising or following a diet.
kickass.

work stress mebbe

Reactions: mboone73

savvy

Reaction score
I have gained back 15 pounds since March. sigh

whatever. lol

savvy

Reaction score
Jk is was 20lbs but I guess some is water weight. I was up to 185 on Sunday, which I have been that weight in over 10 years. Really disappointing for me.

But I'm eating really clean and low carb this week and cutting alcohol which is so weird for me. It's more of a habit than a dependence. But anything that messes up my routine is really, really hard one me.

I will state officially it's my goal to lose at least 25lbs. That'll put me at college graduation weight and I was really happy there. I know no one believes me, but I could probably lose 30-40lbs of fat and still look really healthy. We will see where my dedication can stick.

Reactions: Vanyanka