Health Nuts

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
This week was semi stressful. But I followed mostly low carb/keto, mostly IF, if not OMAD, and onlyhad four alcoholic beverages all week. Lost 7lbs. Made better decisions overall.
Going to a delicious restaurant tonight but gonna focus on the seafood and try to ignore the carbs. Let’s see if I can lose 3lbs next week to round out 10/25lbs

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm back on the IF wagon starting tonight after dinner. I've decided to cut out all booze during the week and allow myself wine only one weekend day. It throws off my eating window and then takes me a couple of days to get straight again. Plus, it's bad for me and stuff.

Reactions: savvy

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have gained back 15 pounds since March. sigh

whatever. lol
These things happen. I'm fighting medication weight gain right now and it can be incredibly demoralizing.

• Sad

savvy

Reaction score
I'm back on the IF wagon starting tonight after dinner. I've decided to cut out all booze during the week and allow myself wine only one weekend day. It throws off my eating window and then takes me a couple of days to get straight again. Plus, it's bad for me and stuff.

I am trying to fix the drinking thing. The eating has been better. I keep getting derailed by the socializing during the week thing.

The eating thing has been better!!

Good luck. <3

Reactions: Vanyanka

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to fix the drinking thing. The eating has been better. I keep getting derailed by the socializing during the week thing.

The eating thing has been better!!

Good luck. <3
Not too late to do Dry July! That's what I'm doing now. I'm on this website called the alcohol experiment. I managed to not drink for 41 days up until my road trip in May. Then of course I started drinking again. Ugh. That's my biggest problem for not being able to lose weight, then of course hangovers make me lazy and I skip workouts.

Reactions: Vanyanka and savvy

savvy

Reaction score
Not too late to do Dry July! That's what I'm doing now. I'm on this website called the alcohol experiment. I managed to not drink for 41 days up until my road trip in May. Then of course I started drinking again. Ugh. That's my biggest problem for not being able to lose weight, then of course hangovers make me lazy and I skip workouts.

weird alcohol is tied to my biggest workout. it wouldn't be impossible to line dance without alcohol, but tough. "no liqour line dancing" is our joke sometimes but we almost never make it the whole night. i don't have time to workout otherwise, so that's fun. I really just wanna get back on the horse of no alcohol monday-thursday at first. ahhh.

41 days is impressive. I think I went 20 when I was sick.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
That’s weird because I made a commitment to myself to not drink this month. For mental and physical health reasons. I’m hoping that after a month, I won’t miss it.

Reactions: Vanyanka and savvy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
So, everyone knows that I'm on the wagon. Or is it off of the wagon? Anyway, everyone knows that I'm not drinking now. I think that will help in the long run. The awkward conversations over the past couple of days for a private person like myself have been painful though.

savvy

Reaction score
So, everyone knows that I'm on the wagon. Or is it off of the wagon? Anyway, everyone knows that I'm not drinking now. I think that will help in the long run. The awkward conversations over the past couple of days for a private person like myself have been painful though.

hey you. proud of you. I hope it makes it easier.

Reactions: mboone73

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
weird alcohol is tied to my biggest workout. it wouldn't be impossible to line dance without alcohol, but tough. "no liqour line dancing" is our joke sometimes but we almost never make it the whole night. i don't have time to workout otherwise, so that's fun. I really just wanna get back on the horse of no alcohol monday-thursday at first. ahhh.

41 days is impressive. I think I went 20 when I was sick.
I think I'll do dry July, even if I'm a bit late to start.

Reactions: savvy and mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I’ve been sober for a week now. Little victories I guess.

Withdrawal symptoms are a real thing it seems.

• Sad

savvy

Reaction score
I'm offically doing no drinking Monday-Thursday for the rest of this month. I literally drank Wednesday Night through Saturday night. Ayyyy.

Maybe I will do my own drought in August.

I am, however, signing up for an 8k in March. it's awhile a way but I probs need that. I'm thinking about the wicked 10k in October as well. Little things to help motivate me to get a bit healthier.

savvy

Reaction score
I am really fucking struggling. But I have quite the meal prep for today/ this week, so I hope this week goes better.

I almost can't fit in my biggest size pants right now. :bag:

savvy

Reaction score
Okay, i've only been strictly keto-ing for 24 hours now, but I can honestly say energy is good, saitey is good, and not having any cravings. Maybe i can actually maintain it this time.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I failed at dry July. I had beer at the intern farewell luncheon on Friday. It was at a bar. Then I had the four stale beers in my fridge that evening, because what the hell. I didn’t get drunk though, and I have no desire to start drinking heavily again.

• Love
Reactions: Kennedy and savvy

savvy

Reaction score
I failed at dry July. I had beer at the intern farewell luncheon on Friday. It was at a bar. Then I had the four stale beers in my fridge that evening, because what the hell. I didn’t get drunk though, and I have no desire to start drinking heavily again.
You made it really far tho.

Reactions: mboone73

savvy

Reaction score
I did calorie restriction of 1800-1600 calories a day last week.

fitbit say expenditure is between 2100-3500 daily.

i've gained weight and hardly fit in the biggest size pants i have.

Reactions: Kennedy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been eating very good through the week since I got back from vacation. Weekends have been killer though. I mean shameful. And a lot of alcohol since coming back from vacation. I tend to do that when I feel good, and I feel better than I have in years.

• Love

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
I’ve been craving sweets since I quit drinking. This could be a problem.
I get this too, but with salty stuff

Haven't had a drink in 9 days but I keep buying things like peanut butter filled pretzel bites and chips and cheese snack sticks and eating way too much of them. Gonna have to start weening myself off of that soon.