Hit Codes

Toria

Reaction score
So I was doing a HIT and at the end where you place the code, there was no box for the code to place it in, that's one. Second, again is I'm doing a HIT and I finish but the hit is on the same page and not in a different tab separated from the actual HIT itself. So There's no where to record the HIT since everything was on the same page instead of on a separate page. What do you do in those cases? I've been reporting them and with the code I get at the end of the HIT in hopes that I am getting credit for it still. So anyone else having problems like this besides me? Advice please and thanks.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So I was doing a HIT and at the end where you place the code, there was no box for the code to place it in, that's one. Second, again is I'm doing a HIT and I finish but the hit is on the same page and not in a different tab separated from the actual HIT itself. So There's no where to record the HIT since everything was on the same page instead of on a separate page. What do you do in those cases? I've been reporting them and with the code I get at the end of the HIT in hopes that I am getting credit for it still. So anyone else having problems like this besides me? Advice please and thanks.
Sometimes a survey will ask for your worker ID and they can use that connect your responses to your account. But in those cases, I feel like it's rare that you would receive some other code and have nowhere to enter it. I would just submit the HIT and email the requester with your code, letting them know that there was nowhere to enter it.

If a survey opens in the HIT frame and expects you to go back to the HIT and enter a code at the end, you could probably refresh the page to get the normal HIT frame back (just make sure you copy your survey code first!), or you could open your queue and load the HIT from there. You could also try opening the survey link in a new tab before you start, if it links to a 3rd party site. Then you could just go back to the HIT tab and enter your code when you're done.

Toria

Reaction score
Sometimes a survey will ask for your worker ID and they can use that connect your responses to your account. But in those cases, I feel like it's rare that you would receive some other code and have nowhere to enter it. I would just submit the HIT and email the requester with your code, letting them know that there was nowhere to enter it.

If a survey opens in the HIT frame and expects you to go back to the HIT and enter a code at the end, you could probably refresh the page to get the normal HIT frame back (just make sure you copy your survey code first!), or you could open your queue and load the HIT from there. You could also try opening the survey link in a new tab before you start, if it links to a 3rd party site. Then you could just go back to the HIT tab and enter your code when you're done.
I've done that, copy my code and then paste it in the box when I'm letting the requestor know what's happening and this has happened several times to me and I haven't been credited for those tasks done. So what should I do in cases like that? Now I'm running into the problem of where I click on the HIT and it doesn't load? I have this problem more so with James is his first name and he puts out the surveys with pay plus bonuses. But he's not the only one where the hits are like this.