How can I change demographic info?

Faddu

Reaction score
Hi all

I noticed on some HITs, I meet the criteria of age and gender, but I am still not able to do them because it says I don't meet the demographic requirement. Maybe when I first signed up and put in my info, I didn't put the right demographics? I dont remember. Thanks!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hi all

I noticed on some HITs, I meet the criteria of age and gender, but I am still not able to do them because it says I don't meet the demographic requirement. Maybe when I first signed up and put in my info, I didn't put the right demographics? I dont remember. Thanks!
This has come up quite a bit, actually. If you're referring to Amazon's demo quals, many people have mentioned theirs being wrong, especially the gender quals. Unfortunately, there's not really anything you can do other than contact them through the contact link on mturk. Be ready to harass the hell out of them about it, though. Nothing ever comes easy when it comes to dealing with the mturk support people.

Reactions: Serial Mom

Achilles2357

Reaction score
One option is to try to redo the mturk qual hits posted by Amazon. I have another post here somewhere on this very topic, and I don't know all the facts, but I am pretty sure that you are able to redo them after some interval. I am not sure if this interval is publicly known though. For some reason I thought it was three months. These hits routinely show up for me, even if they are usually not available when I try to accept them. Sometimes I catch them though.