How the HECK to use Hitscraper in Incognito Mode?!

Fanugi

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been reading posts about using Hitscraper in Incognito mode to avoid refresh rate errors.

There are a couple of things I just can't wrap my head around.

For starters, how would you even accept the HIT in time that way? I know you can cut and paste the link or drag the link to a logged in window...but based on how quickly the work is taken...the HIT would be gobbled up by that time...

I almost never get the HIT unless I click immediately once it shows up in Hitscraper.

Also, if you're not running Hitscraper from a different IP (which some say is against Amazon's TOS and is risking suspension) then it doesn't matter anyway because the refresh rate is bound by BOTH IP *and* account!

Does anyone know how this would work or have a good way to make it happen?

I'm trying to avoid all these refresh rate errors but don't want to do anything against TOS and risk suspension.

Thanks in advance!

saqfish

Reaction score
You cannot accept a hit from incognito mode. People only use this method to get notifications so they start their pandas or copy/paste pandas like you said. You cannot share data between two sessions (normal/incognito).

saqfish

Reaction score
You cannot accept a hit from incognito mode. People only use this method to get notifications so they start their pandas or copy/paste pandas like you said. You cannot share data between two sessions (normal/incognito).
buy Incognito I mean not logged in. And obviously some people probably have some work around but they probably decided to keep it a secret.

Reactions: Fanugi

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
Logged out HIT scraper used to be a thing, but I don't think it is worth it anymore. Some time around spring 2015 amazon changed the way logged-out page requests worked. We used to be able to do basically as many logged-out searches as we wanted without ever having to worry about page request errors. They wanted to put the kibosh on that I guess, so they made logged-out page request errors a lot more common. They also made it so a lot of the important information on the searches was missing unless it was logged in to mturk.

Anyway, for posterity sake, the way to easily accept a HIT from logged out scraper was with an AHK script. Basically, the script would copy the HIT link URL and then do a command line command something like "firefox.exe https://www.mturk.com/mturk/THEHITLINK" That would open a new tab in your non-incognito window where you are logged in to mturk.

Fanugi

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. I guess the point is that it's not even worth considering using a logged out Hitscraper anymore? Are the PRE's (at this point) just a likely either way? Or is it still more heavily weighted towards being logged in when getting these errors? I'm sure I could have phrased that better ;]

saqfish

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. I guess the point is that it's not even worth considering using a logged out Hitscraper anymore? Are the PRE's (at this point) just a likely either way? Or is it still more heavily weighted towards being logged in when getting these errors? I'm sure I could have phrased that better ;]
The only real use for it is to get notifications when a certain requester drop hits. You will save on requests because it is not linked to your actual account.

Reactions: Fanugi

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are definitely going to be using logged out hit scraper, here is the answer to the original question.

To send a link from firefox private window (logged out) to firefox main window (logged in):

To send a link from chrome incognito window (logged out) to chrome main window (logged in):

The chrome one might need some minor adjustment depending on how many items there are in your right-click menu. On my chrome I have to hit down 4 times to get to the copy url option. The key combo for both versions is ctrl+left click.