How To Post and Share HITs on MTC

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Updated information for the new Worker website, effective December 15, 2017

(The posts below this one are now outdated and do not work on the current Worker website.)

Download MTurkSuite: Firefox and Chrome

Once it's installed, click on the box in the toolbar at the top of the browser that says "MTS" and select "MTS Options". In the section called "HIT Exporter", make sure there's a checkmark next to "MTurk Crowd".

Next, your Worker webpage will look similar to this:

If you see a HIT you want to share, click the box with the orange background and black arrow. It will share directly to the Daily Work thread.

When you're using HIT Finder, you'll see HITs listed similar to this:

To share one of those, click on the black box with the white arrow next to the HIT you want to share. You'll get a pop up box to confirm. Click on "MTurk Crowd" and then "OK".

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Our Daily Work Threads are a great place to find and share HITs with other workers. Here's how you can share HITs.

Method #1

If you use Chrome, you'll need to get Tampermonkey from the Chrome extensions store if you don't already have it. Install that as you'd install any other Chrome extension.

If you have Firefox, you'll need to get Greasemonkey from the Mozilla store and do the same thing.

After that's finished, you'll need to install the script. Go to the MTurk Great HIT Export script page and click on the green button that says "install this script". Click the buttons to proceed through installing it.

Once you've finished, go to the MTurk HITs page. You should see the list of HITs. What's changed is that now there's a small rectangle with the letters vB to the right of each HIT title.

Click on the vB rectangle and the code for the HIT will pop up.

Select all of this text and copy it (Ctrl+C will copy). Then head over to the Daily Work Thread you'd like to post this HIT in and paste the text into a new comment. And submit!

Method #2

If you use HIT Finder or HIT Scraper, both also have a small "vB" button you can click to get the content to export. Copy and paste the same way, into the Daily Work Thread.

Method #3

If you use MTurk Suite, open the HIT Finder tab and click on "Export" next to a HIT title. Choose "MTC Direct", type some text in the box if you'd like, and click OK.

If you want to give Method #1 or Method #2 a try before posting in the Daily Work Thread, you're welcome to give it test run in the Test Thread. (Using Method #3 will post automatically to the Daily Work Thread.)

That's it! Thanks for sharing HITs with us!

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
errorerror

Last edited:

red_rapha

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how to use the MTS function... When I press "Share HIT" I get a browser popup that asks "Are you sure you want to export this HIT to MTurkCrowd.com?" with a textbox, but where do I go from there?

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I still can't figure out how to use the MTS function... When I press "Share HIT" I get a browser popup that asks "Are you sure you want to export this HIT to MTurkCrowd.com?" with a textbox, but where do I go from there?
The MTC export on MTS has actually been broken since we updated the forum a few months back. Kadauchi is working on a new version of MTS that will fix that, but in the meantime we've been using the BB Code export on there and manually pasting the code on the forum.

Reactions: red_rapha

red_rapha

Reaction score
The MTC export on MTS has actually been broken since we updated the forum a few months back. Kadauchi is working on a new version of MTS that will fix that, but in the meantime we've been using the BB Code export on there and manually pasting the code on the forum.
Right on, thank you

Reactions: aveline