How to setup a Video clipping task for generating data sets?

FreddyGump

Reaction score
I have a set of videos which range between 3 to 10 minutes. In these videos, multiple actions occur. An action is roughly around 2 seconds.
I need to know the exact timestamps in the videos of where the actions occur (start and stop time), such that I can automate the clipping process afterwards.

Does anyone have insights on how to design the layout of this task? I will need text boxes where the time stamps can be entered, but the amount of actions that occur in the videos differ.

I personally thought about a video classification task, since that seems the only way to handle video input? But then the crowd-text-area seems to be limited in its capabilities, there I can only create columns (and not add different rows to each column).

Any insights are welcome

Reactions: aveline

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have a lot of different thoughts but I'm not sure which way would be best. Better to ask someone who has posted work as a requester.

aveline @aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I have a lot of different thoughts but I'm not sure which way would be best. Better to ask someone who has posted work as a requester.

aveline @aveline
Tjololo @Tjololo might be a better bet than me. I've really only ever posted surveys and I haven't worked much with those newer templates.

Tjololo

Reaction score
Hmm, give me a bit to look into it. I have a few ideas, but I'm not sure what will work.

Tjololo

Reaction score
Alright, I took a look. The new "crowd elements" forms are nice, and the templates still allow for javascript and plain HTML. Using those concepts, you can use the video classification task with a few modifications. Remove the "crowd-classifier" element, then at the end add a table element. You can program up a few javascript functions to dynamically add rows, or you can replace the whole table with just a textarea. If you use javascript it looks a bit snazzier:

Reactions: FreddyGump

Tjololo

Reaction score
BTW if it helps you track it down, there's some javascript exampleshttps://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_table_deleterow.asp here that show how to add/delete rows from tables. Also look into the "onclick=" function for html, that'll let you call the javascript functions in the HIT.

Reactions: FreddyGump

FreddyGump

Reaction score
BTW if it helps you track it down, there's some javascript exampleshttps://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_table_deleterow.asp here that show how to add/delete rows from tables. Also look into the "onclick=" function for html, that'll let you call the javascript functions in the HIT.
Thanks a lot for sharing this! Gonna give it a try!