Incorrect Estimated Completion Time?

Corey "Keith A" Profitero

Requester
Reaction score
Hi all,

Requester newbie here. Does anyone know why this project is 20% submitted but the Estimated Completion Time is "COMPLETE", even though all assignments aren't completed? I've posted quite a few projects and have never seen this behavior, I just want to make sure the rest of the assignments are still available for workers to complete. Good chance I may just be misunderstanding what this represents or how it works.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

Requester newbie here. Does anyone know why this project is 20% submitted but the Estimated Completion Time is "COMPLETE", even though all assignments aren't completed? I've posted quite a few projects and have never seen this behavior, I just want to make sure the rest of the assignments are still available for workers to complete. Good chance I may just be misunderstanding what this represents or how it works.

Is that the batch that is gone, or is that one that's supposed to be up right now? It's possible the numbers just didn't update on that page, and if you click results it /might/ make that bar update (that happens to me every once in a while when I post my nonsense hits.)

Reactions: It's Gamera!

Requester
Reaction score
Is that the batch that is gone, or is that one that's supposed to be up right now? It's possible the numbers just didn't update on that page, and if you click results it /might/ make that bar update (that happens to me every once in a while when I post my nonsense hits.)
From what I believe, I have multiple batches up at once, all with the same name but with different assignments. But when you say "is that from the batch that is gone" it's making me think that posting a new batch with the same name overwrote/canceled the first patch I posted today....

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hi all,

Did you pull that batch down before all the assignments were completed?

Reactions: Jaded

Requester
Reaction score
Did you pull that batch down before all the assignments were completed?
No, I didn't cancel it or anything. The only change I can think of is that I created a new batch, but with the same name, which overwrote the first batch. "Group 2" in the screenshot below is the same one where progress stopped, do you think that's because I published "Group 3" today?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
From what I believe, I have multiple batches up at once, all with the same name but with different assignments. But when you say "is that from the batch that is gone" it's making me think that posting a new batch with the same name overwrote/canceled the first patch I posted today....
no, when I said the batch that was gone I meant the one completed earlier. When I searched for your name I didn't see any hits up. (Unless I spelled it wrong.) It shouldn't replace the other batch when you make a new one with the same name. I never rename mine and it just changes the number on the end. For example my latest thing of hits is Whatevs 66, because I've posted it a lot with that same name. And I've got results boxes for each one.

No, I didn't cancel it or anything. The only change I can think of is that I created a new batch, but with the same name, which overwrote the first batch. "Group 2" in the screenshot below is the same one where progress stopped, do you think that's because I published "Group 3" today?

How long had group 2 been up?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Looks like it may just be a display issue with how many HITs were completed then. There is nothing up on mturk for you right now so the batch is complete, which is why the estimated time is showing that.

Requester
Reaction score
no, when I said the batch that was gone I meant the one completed earlier. When I searched for your name I didn't see any hits up. (Unless I spelled it wrong.) It shouldn't replace the other batch when you make a new one with the same name. I never rename mine and it just changes the number on the end. For example my latest thing of hits is Whatevs 66, because I've posted it a lot with that same name. And I've got results boxes for each one.

How long had group 2 been up?
Group 2 went up around 11:30am EST today. I just posted a few new batches and am seeing 0 updates or progress on them, so it may be an issue on Amazon's end. Just checking that I'm not crazy or did anything wrong.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Group 2 went up around 11:30am EST today. I just posted a few new batches and am seeing 0 updates or progress on them, so it may be an issue on Amazon's end. Just checking that I'm not crazy or did anything wrong.
Nothing has hit mturk yet if you just published some batches, but a delay isn't uncommon for publishing in my experience.

Reactions: Jaded

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Are the new batches you posted showing published?

Requester
Reaction score
Are the new batches you posted showing published?
No, which is why I'm inclined to say it's an Amazon issue (hopefully). I posted new batches an hour ago and the "Created" field says "Not yet available" and "Time Elapsed" has been stuck at "5 seconds" each time I refresh.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No, which is why I'm inclined to say it's an Amazon issue (hopefully). I posted new batches an hour ago and the "Created" field says "Not yet available" and "Time Elapsed" has been stuck at "5 seconds" each time I refresh.
I checked the service health dashboard (https://www.mturk.com/status/) and it is showing no issues, but that can be wrong. I went ahead and published a batch to see if I'm getting a long delay too.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score