Introducing our monthly HIT Poster award!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
We're going to start running a monthly HIT Poster award to hopefully encourage people to post more HITs. We'd like to use Kadauchi @Kadauchi's Daily HIT Stats script for it, so the rules are going to be a bit different from the Crowd Pleaser award. Here's how it will work:

• At the beginning of each month we'll use the HIT Stats script to see who the top 5 HIT posters were for the previous month. The community will then vote to determine which of those 5 people will win the award for that month.
  • There will be no special voting thread for this award. The poll will be added to a daily work thread and will remain open for that day only. The winner will be announced the following day.
  • The reward for winning will be $20 and a HIT Poster banner under your name.
  • Previous winners will become ineligible for 6 months. In the event that a previous winner still in their lockout ends up in the top 5 HIT posters for a month, the next person in the list will be chosen for inclusion in the vote.
  • Crowd Pleaser winners will be ineligible during the month immediately following their Crowd Pleaser win.

So the goal of this is to hopefully increase the HIT posting a little and it allows us to give a bit back to the community. We didn't really want to run another week-long award, with multi-day nominations and voting and stuff, because it just gets tiresome when there's one running literally every other week. I think, this way, it will just be less hassle for all of us.

This isn't quite 100% set in stone yet, so if you have any questions or concerns or anything, please let us know here in this thread.

Last edited:

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'd like to suggest that even though the voting takes place in a daily thread, you still make a thread in the awards subforum when the poll is going into that day's daily thread, so that people can watch the awards subforum to know when to make sure to check the daily thread in time. :) 'HIT Poster Voting - x month', with a quick list of the 5 names with @ tags and a link to the relevant daily thread.

Reactions: kryss and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to suggest that even though the voting takes place in a daily thread, you still make a thread in the awards subforum when the poll is going into that day's daily thread, so that people can watch the awards subforum to know when to make sure to check the daily thread in time. :) 'HIT Poster Voting - x month', with a quick list of the 5 names with @ tags and a link to the relevant daily thread.
Yeah, we can do that. I was also planning on announcing in the daily thread the day before, just so people are aware that there will be a vote the following day.