Is it hard for an 18 year old to get accepted for this work

Sander

Reaction score
My daughter who is 18 wants to be a turker so I had her apply but she got rejected. Does anyone know what they base it on, does she have to have her amazon account linked with a bank account. I know they also give you Amazon credit as a reward so I didn't get why they rejected her. They didn't give any reason.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
My daughter who is 18 wants to be a turker so I had her apply but she got rejected. Does anyone know what they base it on, does she have to have her amazon account linked with a bank account. I know they also give you Amazon credit as a reward so I didn't get why they rejected her. They didn't give any reason.
They require a bank account and ss# for tax purposes, and also to verify her identity.

Here is info from Amazon:

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations require that U.S. payment processors, including Amazon Payments, file a Form 1099-K to report unadjusted annual gross sales or payment volume information for customers that meet both of the following thresholds in a calendar year:

• More than $20,000 in gross payment volume
  • More than 200 transactions
In order to ensure that there is no interruption to your service when you reach the above threshold, Amazon Payments requires all account holders to provide taxpayer identification information before they start transacting.

Account holders cannot process payments using our Service until they have provided valid tax information.

So, even though she may not meet that threshold, Amazon Payments requires ss# and bank info before account is approved.

Reactions: savvy

Sander

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I know now. She does have a bank account so maybe we will link it. When I signed up I don't remember them asking for my social security number, do they automatically get that with your bank account?

Reactions: savvy and Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I know now. She does have a bank account so maybe we will link it. When I signed up I don't remember them asking for my social security number, do they automatically get that with your bank account?
When I first signed up, a few years ago, I did not have to give SS#, I just provided routing number for bank account. I believe that a few things changed in December 2019 when Amazon payments had everyone choose payment frequency options.

Edit x 5 - I'm too tired to write two sentences lol.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
I already had an account with Amazon for purchases. I don't know if that helped, but it seems like it did :)

Sander

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! ?