Is there any way to stop a HIT from showing up in my HITs Queue once I have already completed it?

user9430961

Reaction score
I am a new Turker. I have just installed Mturk Suite, I am learning how to use it, and hoping it will help me solve a problem am having.

Is there any way to stop a HIT from showing up in my HITs Queue once I have already completed it?

I find it frustrating when I see a HIT in my HITs Queue, only to discovered (in the preview mode) I already completed the HIT within about 120 hours . . . yet I waist time to see if I already completed the HIT by looking on my Dashboard, then looking at the Overview of my HITs and requester, thus I often loose a new HIT because I had to go look to see if I did the same HIT for the requester hours and days before. NOTE: This is in the cases where the requester states that you can only complete (1) one of their HITs.

So is there a way to stop HITs from appearing in my HIT Queue once I have completed it for a certain requester?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
HITs only show up in your queue if you've clicked to accept them. When you're saying you want to stop HITs from showing up that you've already done, do you mean you want to stop them from showing up for you in HIT Finder?

The only way you can prevent HITs from showing up in HIT Finder is to click the little black box to the left of the requester's name. In the pop up box, you can click the buttons at the bottom to block the HIT or block the requester. If you block the HIT, it won't show you any more HITs with that same title. If you block the requester, you won't see any more HITs from that requester. There isn't a way to block single HITs automatically after you've submitted them.

user9430961

Reaction score
Hello Electrolyte,

Thank you so much for coming to my rescue! Thank you for your help. Based on the information you have provided, it is a great, great help! Thank you so very much. :)

About 30 minutes ago, I found out how to block a HIT on Amazon Turk Suite, but I have not figured out how to block a HIT on Amazon M Turk . . . I do see there is a “Show Blocked ” tab that will bring up a screen for what is being blocked . . . I guess blocked requesters or blocked hits, but so far I have not figured out how to block a HIT on Amazon M Turk. Can you help me again?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Electrolyte,

Thank you so much for coming to my rescue! Thank you for your help. Based on the information you have provided, it is a great, great help! Thank you so very much. :)

About 30 minutes ago, I found out how to block a HIT on Amazon Turk Suite, but I have not figured out how to block a HIT on Amazon M Turk . . . I do see there is a “Show Blocked ” tab that will bring up a screen for what is being blocked . . . I guess blocked requesters or blocked hits, but so far I have not figured out how to block a HIT on Amazon M Turk. Can you help me again?
Click on the MTS icon in your browser toolbar and go to the MTS Options menu. Check the box that says "Block List on MTurk". The anything you've blocked in MTurkSuite's HIT Finder will also be blocked when you look directly at MTurk.

user9430961

Reaction score
Click on the MTS icon in your browser toolbar and go to the MTS Options menu. Check the box that says "Block List on MTurk". The anything you've blocked in MTurkSuite's HIT Finder will also be blocked when you look directly at MTurk.
Thank you so very much for your help once again, electrolyte. I so greatly appreciate it. :)