Kerek Tag Thread

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Not sure I believe them but this is actually astonishing. Necromancer was a very popular paid DLC and I've said before they should do more of that. You're sitting on one of the best-selling games of all time that people still like and will pick up again if stuff happens, why do you not release content, even if it costs us money? People will pay.

If only they had stupid MTX microtransactions like PoE, then the development would be steady.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Not sure I believe them but this is actually astonishing. Necromancer was a very popular paid DLC and I've said before they should do more of that. You're sitting on one of the best-selling games of all time that people still like and will pick up again if stuff happens, why do you not release content, even if it costs us money? People will pay.

If only they had stupid MTX microtransactions like PoE, then the development would be steady.
They sold 30 million copies as of 2015, might be up to 40 million now. Everyone has this game. Support it, you fucks.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I guess D3 just fell into that dead zone of being one of the last, and best, of the old school games where you just bought it and the developers supported it for the love of it rather than the money they make, although you'd think active support would drive continued sales. Maybe that's not good enough in the current environment. But there's like a half generation of new gamers who could pick it up if they did keep it going. It's pretty easy for them to push it with their reach via Overwatch and WoW to big communities.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
PoE is trash compared to D3: fake complexity, no endgame, terrible engine, awful gameplay. It just gets supported and has mega-content built up over years.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
PoE is trash compared to D3: fake complexity, no endgame, terrible engine, awful gameplay. It just gets supported and has mega-content built up over years.
D3 just needs a few tweaks, and one big end-game system added to make it amazing. If they stole the PoE model of cool new mechanics every season it would be lightyears ahead.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

You see this shit and think "what is all that, how do I even spec, what is going on" then realize pathing is obvious, there are very few impactful choices, and everyone ends up with basically the same tree for a given skill and weapon type.

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The crafting is the best (?) in any game, though. I can't even imagine what could come close to the PoE crafting system.