Kerek Tag Thread

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
you love the underdog bets

worked out well too

i could see the Nets (possibly) winning the series against Philly, but Raptors losing to Orlando is embarrassing
Well for a game one in a series I feel like I (and others) don't quite have a handle on how things will play out since it's so different from the regular season. So I like series bets and stuff like these long shots. After that it gets easier and you can do spreads like normal.

With Embiid injured I think I could win my Brooklyn series bet. I'm kinda glad Philly is getting punished for their strategy of trading away decent up and coming players to try and win now, when it's not time for them yet. New Orleans tried that with Davis in the early years and Cleveland did the same thing with LeBron and both were disasters.

Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Real Southern Comfort
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
ive never been a series bets or season bets guy and maybe that’s where i lack sometimes. i always want quick results i guess.

and yeah Sixers trading away a couple up and coming pieces for a guy like Butler. Butler has a lot of talent but he seems to be a drama queen wherever he goes and causes a scene.

i’m alright with trading away potential key future pieces, but the risk/reward with butler was definitely risky. especially w a team w some divas already like Simmons and Embiid.

i think it’s going to be GSW vs Bucks in the final. wish it wasn’t my prediction but its me being as realistic as possible

Reactions: Kerek

Peachy

Real Southern Comfort
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I haven’t made any bets in the games today.

I have a bad habit of picking over/unders in NBA games. and the lines are always so tight. That and the spreads sometimes

Peachy

Real Southern Comfort
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
made a couple live tennis plays today but that’s been it so far in terms of bets

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ive never been a series bets or season bets guy and maybe that’s where i lack sometimes. i always want quick results i guess.

and yeah Sixers trading away a couple up and coming pieces for a guy like Butler. Butler has a lot of talent but he seems to be a drama queen wherever he goes and causes a scene.

i’m alright with trading away potential key future pieces, but the risk/reward with butler was definitely risky. especially w a team w some divas already like Simmons and Embiid.

i think it’s going to be GSW vs Bucks in the final. wish it wasn’t my prediction but its me being as realistic as possible
It wasn't even necessarily the Butler trade, but they did it again to get Tobias Harris so they have like 4.5 players now instead of 8 or something. I'm strongly on the "you only need 6 great/good players" side of things to win in the playoffs, along with 2-3 more decent ones, but if you trade away the prospects before you hit that total, you're completely screwed (you have too much talent to get a good draft pick but not enough to win the finals, and unless you're getting a top free agent, there's nothing you can do). They would have been way better off playing a longer game of things and letting the team develop naturally, especially with the East such a mess other than Milwaukee.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I don't love season long bets but the NBA O/U are really good I think. Basically any good analyst gets 60-70% on their top picks or overall.

NBA series I like though, since you might like a team more than others do but don't think they'll win the finals or anything, just make it a round or two more than most think.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not feeling great about the Clippers and Spurs game one bets but at least these paid for those.
Never mind. EZ Clap.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't want to do this for four hours.