Korean TV producer looking for MTurk workers in California

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I received the following email from Mingyoung Kim at MBC, a Korean TV network:

This is MInyoung Kim from MBC, the Korean TV station.

We are making 3 part documentary series, temporarily titled "The Future Human AI". We are covering the advanced technologies with artificial intelligence. However, the second episode is about the opposite side. We want to show how big data or artificial intelligence has been challenging people.

We would like to meet an MTuk worker or anyone who works as a "data janitor". Our crew are in SF and LA area in the middle of October. Could you refer anyone for us to interview and film, please?

Sincerely,
Minyoung

They also included contact information, which I've left out here. If you're interested in talking to them, please send me a PM and I'll pass along the contact information. :)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Bump! I was contacted by this same production team again yesterday. Here's their new email:

This is MInyoung Kim from MBC, the Korean TV station. Let me first introduce our station first. MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corp.) is a leading public terrestrial TV station in Seoul Korea. As multimedia group, MBC operates a national terrestrial TV channel, 3 radio and 5 cable channels, 4 of which are also broadcast via satellite. You could visit its website to get more information:
http://aboutmbc.imbc.com/english/

I contacted you in 2016 to ask to refer a turker. This time I am being involved with another project on "the Future of AI" and we are covering Turk workers. Do you happen to know any off site meeting of turk workers or connect me with a turk worker in CA? Could you post my message on the worker forum that you moderate, MTurkCrowd.com?

Our crew are in CA from Jan. 22-Feb. 3 and this documentary will be aired nationwide Korea in March. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your help in advance.

Last time they interviewed Lepi @Lepi so we know they're a legit production. If anyone is interested in connecting with them, please send me a DM and I'll give you their contact info.

Reactions: SweetiePuff