Laura Blauenstein

vburnin8tor

Reaction score
I recently received an email from a requestor about their issues with approval rating, and thought I would share.

On May 28, 2022, 12:18 PM -0400, Laura Blauenstein <lblauenstein@sbcglobal.net>, wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out regarding my study, [Ghosting Questionnaire (~20 minutes)]. My original batch did not have qualifications and almost all of the responses were bots. I relaunched a new batch with higher qualifications however and I’m noticing some bot activity but not as much as before. I think the issue I’m running into is my requester rating. Due to the original batch and some of the bots on the new batch, my approval rating is low. I have received a few harassing emails from turkers about my rating. Is there any way to change my rating? I approve all non-bot responses even if the responses are weak. I cannot use the platform if my approval rating is so low that turkers won’t take my study. Do you know how I can change this while also not paying bots? Any insight of my study on the workers’ end is also helpful.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Laura Blauenstein

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
I recently received an email from a requestor about their issues with approval rating, and thought I would share.
Most of the responses were from bots? Hmmmm.....

If she wants, she can ask in the main thread for advice (I don't know if this was a survey or a batch).