My thoughts on rejections

craig1954

College prof
Reaction score
Bit of background....I have been doing MTurk for about 4 weeks. Yesterday I went over 1000 hits. Rejections have come my way as a part of doing business. My approval rating is, at the moment 99.71%. The two things I try to do is first look at the requester reject rating via Turkerview. If the requester is red and has rejected then I stay away. If rejections do show up I make certain to, politely, question the rejection based on their reasoning. I ask for the rejection to be reversed and redo the hit if possible. Had I not done this I would be sitting at 52 rejections now instead of 3.

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Turkerview has been absolutely crucial in my ability to avoid unnecessary rejections. I've probably left a fair amount of money on the table because of a similar approach (avoiding red), but at the same time I retain my sanity and my relatively positive outlook on MTurk work and avoid frustrations about having my time and work thrown out the window.

jjenny

Reaction score
I just got a rejection today from May 25th for a survey. I wish I had paid attention to the red and read the reviews. Said I failed an attention check. I have asked how I failed it and still got a completion code. I sure hope it can be turned around because I think this one is unfair.

craig1954

College prof
Reaction score
I just got a rejection today from May 25th for a survey. I wish I had paid attention to the red and read the reviews. Said I failed an attention check. I have asked how I failed it and still got a completion code. I sure hope it can be turned around because I think this one is unfair.
Keep working on your approved HITs. You will get rejections and they will all be different. Most requesters are decent but still some are not sure of what they are doing. Others are just jerks. Do what you can to mitigate and then move on.

Reactions: Blakkat and barny

Denmarks

Reaction score
In my opinion a rejection should only be for not following instructions. If you are reading and entering hand written data there should never be a rejection for a minor error. That is where almost all of my rejections are from.