New and think I made a big mistake

SonicIntervention

Reaction score
My names Rich and I was excited to get accepted to Mturk!

So I did a bunch of hits, then did some research.
All my hits were approved from every company.
Except this one Zainy, I did about 80. Out of my total 140.
Zainy just rejected 4 of my hits, 76 are pending. The feedback for the rejection is that I "didnt write in first person" Though that is not in the instructions. Now that I am more comfortable with the UI i see Zainy has a hit approval of 61%. So I think I am going to get a bunch f mass rejections because they dont know how to write instructions, it will bring my approval to 46 percent. Ever see anyone recover from something like that?

If I can recover, I'll be around. Seems like something I could get into. Hope I didn't blow it already. With the four rejections from that it brought my approval down to like 90, and they dont seem like they are willing to work with me from the response. Nice of them to give clear instructions after rejecting me rather that in the instructions

jan

Reaction score
My names Rich and I was excited to get accepted to Mturk!

So I did a bunch of hits, then did some research.
All my hits were approved from every company.
Except this one Zainy, I did about 80. Out of my total 140.
Zainy just rejected 4 of my hits, 76 are pending. The feedback for the rejection is that I "didnt write in first person" Though that is not in the instructions. Now that I am more comfortable with the UI i see Zainy has a hit approval of 61%. So I think I am going to get a bunch f mass rejections because they dont know how to write instructions, it will bring my approval to 46 percent. Ever see anyone recover from something like that?

If I can recover, I'll be around. Seems like something I could get into. Hope I didn't blow it already. With the four rejections from that it brought my approval down to like 90, and they dont seem like they are willing to work with me from the response. Nice of them to give clear instructions after rejecting me rather that in the instructions
yes, you can recover! The best part of only having 140 HITS is that your recovery (while painful) will not take too long. Just stick to safe hits and build up your numbers. None of us recommend doing hits for requesters with low approval rates. Or take chances (on those with no TO/TV reviews) UNLESS you have a cushion of hits (so you can take rejections without your approval rating falling). So, be careful - and find some safe hits (ONLY do safe hits) and get your approval back up.

welcome!

SonicIntervention

Reaction score
Thanks Jan! The good news is this...
I reached out to the requester, and while they were unwilling to spend the time figuring out how to change the rejection, they did approve the rest of my hits, at a personal cost of 40 cents. I did the work as they asked, but they wanted something specific they did not put in the instructions.

So I have 10 rejected hits and lesson learned. I heard there was a thread for "numbers hits" on this board? And I'm trying to research how to use scripts. Bottom line I'm taking my time right now and only doing 99% approval requestors

Reactions: barny and jan

jan

Reaction score
Thanks Jan! The good news is this...
I reached out to the requester, and while they were unwilling to spend the time figuring out how to change the rejection, they did approve the rest of my hits, at a personal cost of 40 cents. I did the work as they asked, but they wanted something specific they did not put in the instructions.

So I have 10 rejected hits and lesson learned. I heard there was a thread for "numbers hits" on this board? And I'm trying to research how to use scripts. Bottom line I'm taking my time right now and only doing 99% approval requestors
there used to be a good one- but we don't have many good recommendations anymore. mturk work has dried up quite a bit over the years - so that numbers thread is so out of date I can't imagine it would help. At this point, we couldn't really update it - there isn't much out there in terms of steady numbers. You can ask in the daily hit thread and see if anyone has any suggestions