New Forum Theme Styles

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So, one of the donation features that we would like to have on the forum is additional forum themes. But before we add anything new, we'd like to make sure that people will actually use them. So I'm listing a few themes here that I don't think look too bad, and I'd really appreciate it if you all could provide some feedback and/or just let us know which you like best. I'd like to add one of the dark themes and one of the light themes by the end of the week, hopefully.

Feel free to browse around on any of these demo forums to get a feel for everything. Also, keep in mind that many things are customizable, like forum icons, sticky navigation bars, front page layouts, etc (your feedback on this stuff would be great.)

Potential light themes:
Potential dark themes:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I like anitquark and quark... but I think it's the leftsidedness of both that gives an interesting option.

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score
I vote prime for the dark theme. I wasn't a fan of any of the 'light' ones (I'd stick with what we have now, I like the green flecky design :) )

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Razor Blade and Quark.

I like the high contrast on Razor Blade aesthetically, but I worry it would be hard to read for a long period of time. The colors look almost neon-y on there. It's pretty to look at, but I'd worry about getting a headache. Also something about it looks kind of amateur to me. But I do think it's pretty, and the whole layout is simple to navigate, which I like.

Quark looks more professional to me. The lower contrast makes me think my head won't explode if I stare at it for a while. But I don't like the layout on the front page... the tiles make it harder to navigate. But it might not matter, since we probably won't end up using all of those different tiles... there's a bunch of the example page, but I don't know if we would end up having 9 sub forums.

I'd never even use the light themes, so my opinion on those is pretty much moo.

Reactions: Jaded and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
But I don't like the layout on the front page... the tiles make it harder to navigate. But it might not matter, since we probably won't end up using all of those different tiles... there's a bunch of the example page, but I don't know if we would end up having 9 sub forums.
I don't like the side by side look, either. I think it looks messy. That layout can actually be configured to look more like how we have it the current themes, though.

Reactions: Jaded

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I am using Baisik rn and really like it, but I'm also a fan of Antiquark. Since I don't use the dark themes, I won't weigh in on them.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Quark is the best dark theme.
Definitely agree with this. That theme is beautiful. I'm currently using the Scratch theme because I like the font and earthy colors but I generally don't care for light themes.

Last edited:

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't usually use light themes (esp with most of my turking done at night), but I really like the look of Razor Blade and Quark. I'm worried the blue of RB might get to be too much after a while, though. And, the slightly less contrast in the text colors of Quark has me a little worried it's not high enough. But, preferences, yo.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Okay, so everyone seems to be overwhelmingly in favor of the Quark theme, so that will be the next dark theme. Not much feedback on the light themes, but I think Antiquark edged out OverHead, so we'll be adding that one too. I'll save OverHead and RazorBlade for our next round of themes, which should be later on down the road.