Rep Present New requester: Query about HITs approved qualification

A-z

Requester
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a new requester who have started to use Mturk few months back.I am a student and working on a project for which I need to post survey in Mturk. I have done a survey test run before. I have a question can any one help me?
While posting survey I have selected following in worker requirements
1. Require that workers be Masters to do HITs-Yes
2.Additional qualifications Workers must meet to work on HITs- Number of HITs approved greater than or equal to 100
3. HITs visibility- Hidden Only workers that meet my HIT Qualification requirements can see and preview my HIT
Just to be sure I also added a question in my survey asking workers that
Number of HITs completed in mturk <100 or >100

I assume that the workers who have completed at least 100 HITs will be filling out my survey as I have applied the qualification.However, in my survey results majority of the people answered completed less than 100 HITs. Why is that so? Is the qualification not applied or what?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that you're requiring Masters makes the 100 HITs qualification be irrelevant. To get the Masters qualification, most workers have to have done thousands, tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of HITs. It's granted by Amazon mostly randomly, and to mostly to long term workers.

When you say people completed less than 100 HITs, what are you getting that from? Do you mean you asked a question in your survey about how many HITs people have done? Did you specify lifetime or could people have interpreted that question to mean how many HITs they've done that day? Or are you getting that "less than 100 HITs" answer from something else?

A-z

Requester
Reaction score
The exact question in survey was

Q. Your number of HITs completed in Mturk.
  • <100
  • >100
Even if the Masters qualification makes the 100 HIT qualification irrelevant. The fact that workers responded to the above question by choosing <100 makes the results strange.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if everyone knew what < and > meant? I also again wouldn't rule out people interpreting that question to mean how many HITs done today, since that's a pretty commonly asked question.

A-z

Requester
Reaction score
Yes I think the question needs to be more clear than in survey. Many thanks!